(conspiracy theory) is EA using rivals skill rating for the first WL matches?

what3v3r
959 posts Professional
I am almost 100% sure that my 5 WL games are always against div 1 players. I didn't ask them but I can tell for the way they play, the reading of the games skill moves , etc. And then after the first 5 games, all goes back to normal and I play against the average player.

Last year I never lost a placement match, this year I lost 1 or 2 every WL. You could say I suck, and yes I thought about that. But then last week I played a full WL and went 23-6 after starting 3-2, I know elite 3 is no big deal but it is weird that the placement matches feel as hard as the matches to clutch up elite rankings

Comments

• ozcs_69
    4622 posts National Call-Up
    you get mix of easy and hard games, I play cross different accounts...
  • No.
  • YidArmy
    1839 posts Play-Off Hero
    The placement games are tougher this year I agree.

But I think it's more to do with less and less people playing WL. I remember seeing last year that outside of TOTS something like only 20% of Fifa players registered for a weekend league.

Let's face it, this game isn't exactly a really exciting exhilarating football experience is it? WL is mostly as slog and the hardcore players are the ones playing it.

If you're playing your placements games on a Friday or early Saturday, then you're running into the the most keen Fifa players out there.

Oh and you say Elite 3 is no big deal, getting that rank puts you in the top 5% of fifa players, so no bad I'd say.
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »
    The placement games are tougher this year I agree.

But I think it's more to do with less and less people playing WL. I remember seeing last year that outside of TOTS something like only 20% of Fifa players registered for a weekend league.

Let's face it, this game isn't exactly a really exciting exhilarating football experience is it? WL is mostly as slog and the hardcore players are the ones playing it.

If you're playing your placements games on a Friday or early Saturday, then you're running into the the most keen Fifa players out there.

Oh and you say Elite 3 is no big deal, getting that rank puts you in the top 5% of fifa players, so no bad I'd say.

but isn't weird that in my first 5 matches I get to play the top 5% players? I agree that the casuals are not interested in WL anymore, but on open matchmaking one could expect to play mostly gold 3 players , div 2 or 3 players , right ? But instead I am playing div one player that most likely shot for elite. That's what sounds very very weird to me.
  • TDOF
    8686 posts League Winner
    No...

Since mid December I’ve started just playing till silver 1. (Haven’t played at all last week)

But i always go 11-0 or 11-1....
  • Cabbstar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    To op are you on next generation cause on the series x matchmaking is messed up due to less player base
  • No. Am div 1 but normally end up 17 wins. First 5 games I find are easiest.
  • Alano0031
    690 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I also don't think so, I'm a division 1 gold 2 player and most weekends start 5-0 to about 7-0.
  • Foxsake
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    Not many people playing wl
    The rewards r so bad people don’t wanna slog it out. I’ve played fifa 19 and 20 each wl
    And never got a usable pick outside tots
  • HocTocHai
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Question for everybody above. When do you usually play your first 5 and do you find it easy/hard?
  • Boommaametw3
    3977 posts National Call-Up
    Bro the skill gap is just lower after the recent patches.
    Plus players from div 5 and lower would rather play rivals over the week than champs in 3 days.
    Also WL rewards aren't even worth it anyway as totw is always bad and you just get 81 rated red picks so at the end you only get Div 4 and up tryhards playing WL.

After this patch with EA nerfing/slowing down skill moves. A 1700 SR player can park the bus and give a really close game to a 2100 SR player when on release the score would have been like 6-1 or something but now 2-1,2-0 barely
  • Ronaldo
    4128 posts National Call-Up
    I do believe it's related. Some weekend leagues I play rival games aswell as weekend league games to finishes in rank 1 on rivals. Those weekends I narrowly make gold 1 in weekend league. Where as the weekends I Dint play any rivals I easily make elite 3-2.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    I win one or two of my first 5 games. Div 1 player? Surely not. I’m at 5.

No disrespect to anyone but I don’t think my skill level can enable me to win divisions above me
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Average player here, I always struggle in the first 5, every single week, then improve. Can't be just random opponents, I often go 0-4 or sometimes even 0-5. This week I went 0-2, 2-2, 2-3 which is actually the best I've done after the first 5. Then I usually get S1 or sometimes G3 so it's fishy that I always lose more than I win in the first 5, then win more than I lose (just!) in the rest.
  • YidArmy
    1839 posts Play-Off Hero
    Average player here, I always struggle in the first 5, every single week, then improve. Can't be just random opponents, I often go 0-4 or sometimes even 0-5. This week I went 0-2, 2-2, 2-3 which is actually the best I've done after the first 5. Then I usually get S1 or sometimes G3 so it's fishy that I always lose more than I win in the first 5, then win more than I lose (just!) in the rest.

Nothing fishy about it. In the first 5 games your opponents are random, after the first 5 your opponents are meant to match up to your ELO where possible. So if you lose all 5 you're on -5. They'll try to match you with someone else that is also -5 and so on.
  • Bro the skill gap is just lower after the recent patches.
    Plus players from div 5 and lower would rather play rivals over the week than champs in 3 days.
    Also WL rewards aren't even worth it anyway as totw is always bad and you just get 81 rated red picks so at the end you only get Div 4 and up tryhards playing WL.

After this patch with EA nerfing/slowing down skill moves. A 1700 SR player can park the bus and give a really close game to a 2100 SR player when on release the score would have been like 6-1 or something but now 2-1,2-0 barely

No.

If the 2100 can't score 5+ goals against a guy in div 2/3 anymore then he really needs to have a hard look at himself.

The directional nutmeg is so outrageously strong that you should always be able to score a few against people who can't defend.
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    ok guys, you convinced me that I am actually insane. But just to add something more to the conspiracy theory . I finished my WL 23-5, and I started 3-2 and then went 20-3. I have as much trouble on my initial games as I have in the 15+ elo games, not sure if bad lucky, mentality or whatever.
  • hiya
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 22
    Orison wrote: »
    Bro the skill gap is just lower after the recent patches.

No.

If the 2100 can't score 5+ goals against a guy in div 2/3 anymore then he really needs to have a hard look at himself.

The directional nutmeg is so outrageously strong that you should always be able to score a few against people who can't defend.

which one is the directional nutmeg? L1 R2 and RS?
  • sparky692005
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I had a good game with a player, and sent him a message saying it was a great game. After a few he asked what div I was in. I replied to say, I done enough to get into the WL, it went very quiet when I said I’m in div 5 🤣😂🤣😂
  • ImAtrocious
    2731 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it's pretty random. I've gone 1-4 in my first 5 a few times, and this weekend I went 5-0. I wouldn't do that in my own division.