rezyy
751 posts Semi-Pro
Am going from 30 meg to over 900 meg download and over 100 upload

Has anyone else got it and what ping do you get if so

Not expecting miracles but hopefully a little better gameplay

Comments

• kraid
    7564 posts League Winner
    Cant see it making a huge difference unless you’re doing a lot of other things with your internet at the same time as gaming. Fifa really doesn’t need that much bandwidth.
  • Destin8or
    4294 posts National Call-Up
    rezyy wrote: »
    Am going from 30 meg to over 900 meg download and over 100 upload

Has anyone else got it and what ping do you get if so

Not expecting miracles but hopefully a little better gameplay

Getting this in next month, as the poster above said, bandwidth won't help unless people have been using Netflix or whatever at the same time as your playing fifa.
    I'm my case there's often 2 x Netflix going on in my house lol.

Also the fibre direct to the premises should lower ping a little, which will help.... A little.
  • rezyy
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah i have 3 Xbox’s usually running at the same time, 2 sons, and Mrs could also be streaming a movie so on 30 meg it was being totally hammered

Also having 20+ connections to your Wi-fi does not help

If anyone was downloading I couldn’t play, so hopefully this will help out with this

I am worried now about lag compensation going to 1 Gig fibre, hope this doesn’t impact me
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Pointless to have more than 2.4ghz WiFi for FIFA. I get worse connectivity when I'm wired for online games.
  • Destin8or
    4294 posts National Call-Up
    Pointless to have more than 2.4ghz WiFi for FIFA. I get worse connectivity when I'm wired for online games.

Not true for me, it's horrific on WiFi.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Destin8or wrote: »

Not true for me, it's horrific on WiFi.

For me this game is very bad with input delay until I go 2.4ghz wifi where my players ie defenders will actually try to intercept the ball or my fullbcks stay back when i have them on stay back.