Account got hacked

xpulse@xpulse.us
42 posts Last Pick at the Park
My account got hacked today.

I figured out my account got compromised almost in live... I got an error on WebApp about my account is connected from console.

Lost all tradeable players.
Raised ticket for review to EA. Not sure how much time will take this process.

How this happened:
1.Hackers took control of my Sony PS account (was without 2FA) and reset password to new + added 2FA.
2. Next step by hackers was a login to FIFA 21 (2FA was enabled) and selling all tradeable players out from my FIFA21 account.

Contacted to Sony support to reset password and 2FA and set new everything from scratch.

Contacted EA support and hope to get lost stuff back.

Interesting part 2FA on EA account not required if hackers comes via PS account via console into game. So if PS account is hacked, 2FA on EA account useless as looks like not required to login to game.

I can't blame anyone about this, only my fault.

Lost: some valued players like TOTY Arnold and De Bruyne and Prime Gerrard + some gold rare cards Alisson/Robertson etc.

Will update this thread if EA resolve it or not.

Here is a history from EA support Chat:
Mayank (2/17/2021, 2:57:34 PM): We have identified that the claim is correct and I am now escalating the case to my team for re adding the content that went missing.
Mayank (2/17/2021, 2:57:40 PM): You will be emailed once it is done.
Stanislav (2/17/2021, 2:57:53 PM): do you know how long it might take?
Mayank (2/17/2021, 2:58:27 PM): There is no estimate time given for this however we will make sure to get this done asap. As it depends on number of cases our team is having.
Stanislav (2/17/2021, 2:58:38 PM): ok

I have all players recorded on my twitch account, so I can easily proof which players are gone.

P.S. EA might need to look into authentication piece to minimize hacking cases like mine, and enforce 2FA in game if user joined to EA account from new console.

Comments

• Spideyfan123
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    Unlucky
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    5 weeks past - 0 results !
  • EJND
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    same happend to me, all my tradeable players where sold for Min Bin this evening ... Total worth more than 10 Mil. !!!!
    Saw in my EA account that an access from tunesia was trusted. Impossible this happened due to hacking of my email account because i have 2-factor authtication active and my phone + pw is needed!!! I

@[email protected].us check on your EA account in the security tab , if you have a trusted brwoser connection from tunesia as well....

• xpulse@xpulse.us
    No, my EA account was not hacked and I have only my IP's listed and registered in history.
    Hacker used my PS4 console account without 2FA to connect to game and trade all tradeable cards.

My EA account was secured by 2FA but for some reason 2FA doesn't kick off if user comes from console even 1st time console, hacker will not be able to use webapp or web browser in my case.
  • EJND
    thats all very weird... i have two factor authetication on my EA account as well, plus like mentioned, on my email account... So its impossible, they used a normal way to set the trust for the access... And they still bought an IF Insigne from my account for 100k , while i was already logged in and before i deleted the trust. Concurrent login is usually not possible ... Also all my passwords (the are pretty complex) where still set ... I changed them now anyway... But i am pretty sure they used an inoffical way to get into my account ...

maybe all this has to do with that frontend developer acccess that was openly accessable on webapp for some time this week... Who knows, somebody might have accessed several accounts .... In my case they waited for 2day (after the trust was set) until they deleted everything ...

Just checked, in my quicksell pile, but all i can recover are just a couple of informs ... the Puskas, what if kante, TOTY Davies, Headliner Benzema etc ... all gone ...probably put in an sbc ore s.th.

I don't get those people.... so much effort just to harm somebody else ... what a sad life those individuums must have ....
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    EJND wrote: »
    thats all very weird... i have two factor authetication on my EA account as well, plus like mentioned, on my email account... So its impossible, they used a normal way to set the trust for the access... And they still bought an IF Insigne from my account for 100k , while i was already logged in and before i deleted the trust. Concurrent login is usually not possible ... Also all my passwords (the are pretty complex) where still set ... I changed them now anyway... But i am pretty sure they used an inoffical way to get into my account ...

maybe all this has to do with that frontend developer acccess that was openly accessable on webapp for some time this week... Who knows, somebody might have accessed several accounts .... In my case they waited for 2day (after the trust was set) until they deleted everything ...

Just checked, in my quicksell pile, but all i can recover are just a couple of informs ... the Puskas, what if kante, TOTY Davies, Headliner Benzema etc ... all gone ...probably put in an sbc ore s.th.

I don't get those people.... so much effort just to harm somebody else ... what a sad life those individuums must have ....

Very weird way to hack accounts for “game”, this is not f.....g banking account

• EJND
    Last night i got a transfer market ban , so i talked to EA support on the phone today ... obviously someone was transfering coins with selling my players and buying loads of overpriced players that he put on the transfermarket ... I was always wondering where those coin seller got all the coins from...

But, the very concerning thing is , there was obviously a trust to my account from a location in tunesia again!!! Last night i deleted that and as mentioned i have 2-factor authentication with Password + SMS Code for both, my EA Account and my email account !!! On top i changed my email account PW last night anyway, just to make completely sure ! I am working in IT myself, so i am very carefull (change PWs regularly with hig complexity, no standard Passwords in router etc..., no remote access active on any device) also checked my phone yesterday for hidden VPN connections, nothing ! So basically, i can exclude , that hacking happened via access to my infrastructure or Password Cracking or anything like that ...

Support said, they can exactely see what happened and also all the content that was sold and they have forwarded the case to a team that first investigates the hacking and then another team that will take care about the content and i will get the coins back for the players i lost...

Sounds good so far, but ...

They said it might take longer than a month, because they have so many incidents like this at the moment!!!

Jesus, I really hope they investigate in this problem in general, since it looks like there is a security breach, that enables attacker somehow to access your account without hacking you, but EA infrastructure...
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    Waiting since Feb 12. Nothing...
  • EJND
    Waiting since Feb 12. Nothing...

Thats so sad bro! Since i have a transfer market ban and only 4 good untradeable players left, the game is actually completely useless for me until they solve my case ...

The only hope, that EA cares about that situation is, when they realise, that players that don't play the game won't spend any money in the game ...
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    Sad bro,
    I didn't get a market ban during all this crap.
  • Vali000
    18 posts Ball Boy
    EJND I’m in the same position as you 6 mil gone and transfer market ban with the same technique quick sale for the cheap ones and the expensive ones just disappear .. it’s been already 5 days since the report. From what I seen we should forget about the coins and hope for the market unban... luckily I have more untradeable players that I can use but I wish I was spending all the coins on icons sbcs and not saving them like an idiot. Playing weekend league every week and doing all the packs sbcs to end up not being able to buy at least some position changes for my untradeable players.
  • EJND
    Vali000 wrote: »
    EJND I’m in the same position as you 6 mil gone and transfer market ban with the same technique quick sale for the cheap ones and the expensive ones just disappear .. it’s been already 5 days since the report. From what I seen we should forget about the coins and hope for the market unban... luckily I have more untradeable players that I can use but I wish I was spending all the coins on icons sbcs and not saving them like an idiot. Playing weekend league every week and doing all the packs sbcs to end up not being able to buy at least some position changes for my untradeable players.

From what I see, we should forget about FIFA ! With that experience, how should i ever be sure, this might not happen tomorrow again ? How should i ever invest the energy again to grind and trade my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off, to achieve a good team ?
    I always thought, the ones that get hacked have probably their username as PW, got fished with a rediciouls offer for free coins or/and haven't had 2 Factor Authentication active. My experience showed me, that no matter how careful you are, this can happen to everybody, because EA is obviosuly not capable of providing a secure Infrastructure...

Anyways, from what i heard so far, as long as your are not Nickrunthefutmarket or another big streamer, you have a very low chance of getting unbanned in this life, no matter how undeserved your ban was ...

Do you really still want to invest your hard earned money in a company, that treats you as a customer like this ???
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    edited March 20
    Agreed with every word in your previous statement.

ZERO confidence in security for EA fifa account, problem where is no another choice Konami soccer is not even close to ea fifa.

I got lucky hacker now started buying points under account as I have my PayPal associated with EA account, and of course it is remove from account already.
  • EJND
    Agreed with every word in your previous statement.

ZERO confidence in security for EA fifa account, problem where is no another choice Konami soccer is not even close to ea fifa.

I got lucky hacker now started buying points under account as I have my PayPal associated with EA account, and of course it is remove from account already.

Wow yeah, thats a nightmare .... imagine you not only loose your FIFA palyers and coins, but also all your money on your bank account.... or end up with horrendous credit card debths.

Considering how many people probably have their PayPal/creditcard credentials stored in their account, this has explosive potential...
  • Vali000
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Obviously if they don’t fix my situation is not point on carrying on and playing even tho I been playing since I know myself 😂 I don’t really get why we should wait months for our situation to be resolved. Since they have all the data and information they need , this should be 10 min job. I my case is already a week and not even a single reply.
    With Runthefutmarket is a different story when 10k people are watching you live on Twitch and you can bring bad publicity... it’s not our case
  • EJND
    Vali000 wrote: »
    Obviously if they don’t fix my situation is not point on carrying on and playing even tho I been playing since I know myself 😂 I don’t really get why we should wait months for our situation to be resolved. Since they have all the data and information they need , this should be 10 min job. I my case is already a week and not even a single reply.
    With Runthefutmarket is a different story when 10k people are watching you live on Twitch and you can bring bad publicity... it’s not our case

Exactely, there is no point in playing this game anymore.
    The reason for why they can't fix it, is the same for, why they have this security breach in their infratrucure and why they have all those server problems .... GREED!

They want the personnel costs and the costs for infrastructure as low as possible . So they don't hire a lot of staff, and the ones they hire have to be cheap.... Its just a minimum calculation , so that they can bring out a new game every year, on servers, where you can at least log in at some point to purchase a couple of fifa points and some content creator sitting somewhere in eastern europe, with no clue about football but maybe at least manage once a week to throw the content together without any bigger fails...
    And in the support there is a clueless poor underpaid young woman from eastern europe on the phone, that has to take all the rant from angry customers and all she can say is, that the "departement", which is probably one guy with a low paid studentjob will investaigate your case, after he is finished with the oter 50 000 cases of hacked people....

Might sound a bit irrational, why a company tries to f... up their best running product in so many ways ....

Well the really really good thing that you have to understand is, that in the end of the day.... all the saved money can be reinvested ... In new Learjets for the Top Management!

• xpulse@xpulse.us
    nice... They need to at least acknowledge this issue with hacking of accounts on EA FIFA 21 side. I'm playing in FIFA UT since 12, and only in 21 version a lot of people start complaining about hacks.. and now we learned even 2FA is not a case to secure account.
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    One more week of waiting... null - results.
  • Vali000
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Yep , same here ! No news whatsoever. I think there is only one person working and it takes him 1 mounts for a case like some sort of FBI . Cheap
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    At this point is doesn’t look EA support will going to do anything to reimburse or return cards which were lost by hacked account.

Cards I lost are worth about 50% of initial price, on which I spend real cash about 1500–1800$ This year.

Gameplay progress is downshifted by team I have it know and investment to game is not worth it to continue this year “at least”.

I’m playing UT since Fifa 12, and probably Fifa 21 will be a last one.
  • Vali000
    18 posts Ball Boy
    At this point is doesn’t look EA support will going to do anything to reimburse or return cards which were lost by hacked account.

Cards I lost are worth about 50% of initial price, on which I spend real cash about 1500–1800$ This year.

Gameplay progress is downshifted by team I have it know and investment to game is not worth it to continue this year “at least”.

I’m playing UT since Fifa 12, and probably Fifa 21 will be a last one.

Exactly the same I was thinking about my situation. I been over 3 weeks and they didn’t even unlock my transfer market. The players I used to have before hacking dropped form 6 mil market value to about 4 mil .
    I don’t understand why is taking so long it is a maximum 10 minutes job.
    Been playing fifa since fifa 99 and fut since 12 . Next year I’ll not preorder it, the lack of respect they showed me is shocking. Time to move on from fifa.
    To be honest with the way they are dealing with this situations they are totally encourage the hackers and coins buyers.

• xpulse@xpulse.us
    Problem, other game I’m playing is f1 2020 recently were purchased by EA, and I hope they not ruined community in this racing game which were build by codemaster.
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    This is the end of story...

Thanks for your patience while we investigated your FIFA Ultimate Team account case.

Unfortunately, we are unable to verify any lost in-game assets and cannot grant you any compensation. We’re sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    Even I have my lost items recorded on my twitch channel.
  • Vali000
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 10
    O my god this is ridiculous... you basically just ruin my hopes..
    I’m sorry for you mate ...
    they are really encourage the hackers to keep on going ... shocking
  • Vali000
    18 posts Ball Boy
    I don’t understand why they are so lazy ... I don’t understand why they are not chasing the coins and ban the accounts that are playing nasty... why they are punishing the loyal players that been playing their game fairly ...
    In a sad way I’m happy that someone is actually robbing EA ... their employees... the special team which can’t solve a case in less than 2 months...
    Why they don’t check on their staff, why they employ people that don’t care about the game and probably never played fifa ...
    When I got my first reply back from them a lady said that she done a full investigation on my account and my transfer market will remain banned.. after I told her that she didn’t even bothered opening my account because there was a the case with my account being hacked and the decision of that case could determine if my transfer market remain banned... and she obviously lied about the full investigation, they reopened the case and I need to wait again a month for someone to actually do his job...
    Awful ... just awful ....
  • xpulse@xpulse.us
    I will not even bother me to reopen case with this company. Will just close fifa game history in my life.