I don’t get the standard of weekend league

Lkane
1066 posts Professional
I’ve been in div 2 for ages now but for some reason I can’t get any better than gold 3 in weekend league and even then that’s only just 😂

I don’t quit games so match making is fair, never really rage about loses either, but people who are in div4/5 regularly say they hit gold 2+. Just don’t understand how other people do it!

Comments

• BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    edited February 2021
    It's all about luck and consistency.

You keep playing good and win games against teams on a losing streak or not on their game.
  • Lkane
    1066 posts Professional
    It's all about luck and consistency

Aah I don’t have either of those 😂 I’m usually at a 1:1 win lose ratio at best
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    People in div 5 and lower don't play fut champs because they want rivals rewards instead. Ever since EA made fut champs take rivals games pretty much only sweats play champs. So as soon as you hit like +5 ELO you will face div 1 players. In previous fifas you need like +15 to match a 2100+ SR in Champs now i pretty much play 20/30 div 1 players
  • IxToMxI
    8233 posts League Winner
    Many factors the main being consistency and connectivity.

People usually rush their game to get through the games which makes you play sloppy, you also need many formations and be quick to change when it’s not working
  • Jimb0d
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am div 5 and struggling in rivals but pretty comfortably get gold 3 plus. A lot more focused and committed during champs where as pretty much play rivals for objectivs
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Div1 correlates to gold1 and there’s not much difference between gold3 and gold2 so you’re about where I would expect.
  • P1stolpete187
    6538 posts Big Money Move
    Try playing the bulk of your games on a Sunday evening
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner

I think more and more people are doing this tbh

Friday night I’ll play 5
    Saturday I’ll try to play 15+
    Sunday I’ll finish off

Early Fridays seem to be the worst for tough and toxic opponents, I’d rather play all the kids on a Saturday afternoon 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Mmandras
    6583 posts Big Money Move
    Saturday evening is the worst for me but if you hit good enough elo you're toast no matter what.
  • lippyone
    2654 posts National Call-Up
    I am div 4 and cannnot be bothered with weekend league.

For example this weekend would much rather play a few rivals, do some Icon swap objectives (hopefully) and finish the Rainier objectives.

All more enjoyable than being a whipping boy for the godsquad try hards in weekend league
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    It's all about luck and consistency.

You keep playing good and win games against teams on a losing streak or not on their game.

why did you sell your PS bro :(
  • Lkane
    1066 posts Professional

I think this might be it. I play most of my games Friday night while the kids are asleep, don’t get as much time Saturday or Sunday. Definitely a difference in a opponents ability to the each day now you’ve mentioned it!
  • Wisey
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is boring WL, I’m about a 1:1 in rivals but then get 6/8 wins in WL...I’m sick of fifa being geared towards the better players..like drafts - no point in playing it unless you’re div 1/2......why not make matchmaking in WL the same as rivals? Always play people close to you, it’d be much more enjoyable for people! Div 1 or 2 in rivals should never come up against a div 5 in WL - its just not cricket!
  • Tekkerz
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    Space your games out 10 a day and take a break after 2 games.
  • Lkane
    1066 posts Professional
    Not bad from only Silver 1!
    70-BB6-A43-F650-408-B-8172-4-EB17-C246616.jpg