One Team RTG rules?

Nodge86
3513 posts National Call-Up
Any one got a link to some rules for a one team rtg type thing? I was looking to go chelsea past and pre next month but I’m sick of the game basically so I’m going to start now with the lowest rated team possible and upgrade accordingly. Anyone have some example rules? I will upgrade by buying off the market with the plan of ending up with a team of moment icons pretty much.

Comments

• Dutch3723
    1213 posts Professional
    I might be wrong but I know that most RTG have a point of NOT buying off the market? If you buy off the market I'm not sure how you're doing anything different other than just building your 'ultimate team' :D
  • Nodge86
    edited February 15
    Dutch3723 wrote: »
    I might be wrong but I know that most RTG have a point of NOT buying off the market? If you buy off the market I'm not sure how you're doing anything different other than just building your 'ultimate team' :D

Yeah for sure actual rtg is pack only. But At the is stage of the game I’ll upgrade off the market. I already have most of the current chelsea players anyway. So if I went pack only I’m skipping most of the point of the rtg. Basically I’m looking for rules when players can be upgraded. Eg 10 saves or clean sheet for gk = bronze upgrade. 20 and two clean sheets = silver upgrade. That sort of thing.

Can call it an rtc Road To Chelsea.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Have a look at the @Big_Jimmy_Randall thread, he's gone with ultimate difficulty for his Arsenal 1 lol
  • Jamieshore22
    1329 posts Professional
    I thought RTG was just not buying fifa points. You can spend coins you earn in the transfer market.
  • Unless you done the Robben SBC you've missed a good one for sure.
    If you are doing a true Chelsea P&P RTG, then 4 or 5 loses in a row and you are sacked and have to start again.
  • kamillu_22
    363 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sir Lew1s wrote: »
    If you are doing a true Chelsea P&P RTG, then 4 or 5 loses in a row and you are sacked and have to start again.

:D:D
  • Nodge86
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Have a look at the @Big_Jimmy_Randall thread, he's gone with ultimate difficulty for his Arsenal 1 lol

Yeah this type of thing I think. I remember him saying about certain stats equals an upgrade in one of the videos I watched. If he has a list of rules that would be ideal.
    Unless you done the Robben SBC you've missed a good one for sure.

That’s actually an interesting idea and something I might look into. Downgrades for losses.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    I think the beauty of an RTG is that it is whatever you want it to be in terms of rules etc
  • Nodge86
    I think the beauty of an RTG is that it is whatever you want it to be in terms of rules etc

For sure. I think I’ll do first owner only next year. But in January it’s just not viable especially when I basically have them already.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    Nodge86 wrote: »

For sure. I think I’ll do first owner only next year. But in January it’s just not viable especially when I basically have them already.
    Do something to get a taster for it and then go all in next year ?

Next year I’m only going to use arsenal players and no FP
  • Nodge86
    edited February 15

Do something to get a taster for it and then go all in next year ?

Next year I’m only going to use arsenal players and no FP

Yeah, think I’ll do the same. This year I’ll do stats upgrade and if I pack a player they can go straight in.
  • Nodge86 wrote: »

Yeah this type of thing I think. I remember him saying about certain stats equals an upgrade in one of the videos I watched. If he has a list of rules that would be ideal.

That’s actually an interesting idea and something I might look into. Downgrades for losses.

Creating a list of the rules is deffo something I’m gunna start doing. I must be the most disorganised YouTuber ever 😂

My rules
    Picking from a selection of Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders and Attackers
    In order to get an upgrade:
    Bronze Attackers/Midfielders = 3 G/A
    Bronze Defenders/Midfielders = 3 G/A or 3 wins
    Silver Attackers/Midfielders = 5 G/A
    Silver Defenders/Keepers = 5 G/A or 5 wins
    Gold Attackers/Midfielders = 10 G/A
    Gold Defenders/Keepers = 10 G/A or 10 wins
    Yet to decide the rules for special players, but that’s a long way off on my series

This is working quite nicely for me so far, emphasis on the importance of scoring goals which makes things entertaining. Only downside is you will end up with players playing out of position. I play in a 4-3-3 so it’s balanced that way
  • Nodge86

Creating a list of the rules is deffo something I’m gunna start doing. I must be the most disorganised YouTuber ever 😂

My rules
    Picking from a selection of Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders and Attackers
    In order to get an upgrade:
    Bronze Attackers/Midfielders = 3 G/A
    Bronze Defenders/Midfielders = 3 G/A or 3 wins
    Silver Attackers/Midfielders = 5 G/A
    Silver Defenders/Keepers = 5 G/A or 5 wins
    Gold Attackers/Midfielders = 10 G/A
    Gold Defenders/Keepers = 10 G/A or 10 wins
    Yet to decide the rules for special players, but that’s a long way off on my series

This is working quite nicely for me so far, emphasis on the importance of scoring goals which makes things entertaining. Only downside is you will end up with players playing out of position. I play in a 4-3-3 so it’s balanced that way

Ok, nice. That’s helpful. To move along the defenders I’m going to go with tackles and interceptions I think.

I’m also going to map out the journey for each position. So players won’t be out of position in mine.

This had relit the fire. My team is stinking and it’s div1 rivals so is hard. First game a 4-1 loss enjoyable though.
  • Nodge86
    @Big_Jimmy_Randall im guessing there’s no icons in career mode. But assuming there were, how would you handle them? Upgrade in order of rating so for example 86 Gullit would come before 88 Kante? Or take the icon as the pinnacle and have all versions at the end of the playing position progression so all three versions of Gullit would come after kante?
  • Dutch3723 wrote: »

RTG is No money spent.

Then pack only RTG is packed players only etc.
    Custom rules possible but 1st rule remains constant.
  • Nodge86
    Dragon0102 wrote: »
    Dutch3723 wrote: »

RTG is No money spent.

Then pack only RTG is packed players only etc.
    Custom rules possible but 1st rule remains constant.

Tick.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited February 15
    Sorry @Nodge86 I sent you to the thread but forgot it is mixed with Career and UT. This is the UT RTG which will make more sense on why I recommended it for you

• Nodge86
    Sorry @Nodge86 I sent you to the thread but forgot it is mixed with Career and UT. This is the UT RTG which will make more sense on why I recommended it for you

Oh, nice. Cheers mate. I only knew if the career mode one.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

Then you're probably looking at me suggesting it thinking why did that melt send me to this video :joy:
  • Nodge86

Then you're probably looking at me suggesting it thinking why did that melt send me to this video :joy:

:lol:

I did remember him talking about upgrades on stats in the video I watched so it still managed to fit.
  • Nodge86 wrote: »
    @Big_Jimmy_Randall im guessing there’s no icons in career mode. But assuming there were, how would you handle them? Upgrade in order of rating so for example 86 Gullit would come before 88 Kante? Or take the icon as the pinnacle and have all versions at the end of the playing position progression so all three versions of Gullit would come after kante?

I’m nowhere near there yet, but I’ve setup to do it in order of rating
  • Nodge86

I’m nowhere near there yet, but I’ve setup to do it in order of rating

Cheers mate. Watched a few of your vids and got more of a sense of it. I’m going to do a mixture. For desirable end game icons, Eto’o and Gullit for example I’ll do them all at the end. Got lesser ones, like deco they’ll be in rating order like any other player.
  • Diddymow
    2719 posts Fans' Favourite
    First Owner only is certainly a lot more fun imo. I remember one FUT I packed a great player early on, sold him and was then set for the rest of the game (think it might have been Torres back when he was good and not an Icon). I bought a very good team and then got bored very quickly.

With First Owner only though you start with a crap team but every pack offers you the chance to upgrade your team, you're not just looking for that 1 in a thousand chance you get a meta player. Also makes it more fun to run several different teams (Prem, La Liga, Bundes, Serie A, Ligue 1, Silvers).