Base Owen decent?

Prettyfly
877 posts Professional
Would be used as lone striker in 433 (4) with Rooney behind him any reviews welcomed

Comments

• grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would try to get Rooney in without using Owen.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve played against mid Owen and he killed me. Give him a go
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    Just concious he's not the stongest of players and the m/m work rates
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    if he is untradable then wont hurt to try. if he is tradable then id say he wont be better than nif rashford
  • nj10
    2866 posts National Call-Up
    He’s bad, is there any other English icon you could afford?
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    nj10 wrote: »
    He’s bad, is there any other English icon you could afford?

Yes I could afford up to 400k suggestions welcome was also thinking 86 Barnes as ST 🤷‍♂️
  • All4fun1991
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Prettyfly wrote: »
    Would be used as lone striker in 433 (4) with Rooney behind him any reviews welcomed

I currently use him alongside Rooney, in fact I like Owen type of players always make runs and I’m not a skiller so fantastic for me, one touch shoot...He also link any other midfielder if you need chem.
  • afc4life_1
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have prime Owen and Rooney as my front 2. Absolutely lethal.
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    Sounds like worth giving a whirl and if good enough can upgrade
  • djnition
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only mid or prime versions of owen are really good
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Base Owen? Nah not good enough at all at this point, would take Wright over him
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Id only ever go for Prime Owen.
  • Wolves37
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    How good is prime Owen? Wondering if I wait and see what happens Friday or pull the trigger now, would be up top with Rooney and Barnes and Rashford on the wings
  • Sadly base Owen has worse stats than Werner, Rash, sif Wilson.... he shouldn't but he does. The m/m workrate also makes him not make the runs that bloody Michael Owen should be making. Prime and mid card much better
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    Cheers guys
  • ThePlantOFGod
    1014 posts Professional
    Wait for PIM
  • Wolves37 wrote: »
    How good is prime Owen? Wondering if I wait and see what happens Friday or pull the trigger now, would be up top with Rooney and Barnes and Rashford on the wings

Along with @afc4life_1 I also have Prime Owen with EoE Rooney... unreal combination!

Medium/Medium work rate for Owen has no negative effect. Got a Hunter on him so 99 Speed and 99 Acceleration. 99 positioning, 99 finishing and 91 shot power.

Can't you do the SBC for the amount you have to spend? 2×85s and I think an 82 and 84 but can't remember.
  • Reggie77 wrote: »
    Wolves37 wrote: »

Along with @afc4life_1 I also have Prime Owen with EoE Rooney... unreal combination!

Medium/Medium work rate for Owen has no negative effect. Got a Hunter on him so 99 Speed and 99 Acceleration. 99 positioning, 99 finishing and 91 shot power.

Can't you do the SBC for the amount you have to spend? 2×85s and I think an 82 and 84 but can't remember.

The question was sort of directed at @Prettyfly
  • Stew
    671 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do the prime Owen sbc?
  • juliuscaesar8
    1872 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wait for PIM

This is the answer. PIM Owen is significantly better than the Prime (even though the stats don't suggest it)
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Barnes 86 is a really decent cm! I got him in swaps. Big body, quick with a shadow, decent passing, shooting and dribbling