4222 or 442(2)?

ToiletChimp
279 posts Sunday League Hero
As the title says really.

I play with a 352 which has improved me as a player but recently have struggled to really get firing with it, perhaps due to over familiarity with it making me subconsciously play predictably or the patches have subtly changed something which has affected how I play with it.

However, I have often switched to a 4222 in game which has brought some success, potentially due to switching formations mid-game often confusing opponents but just felt it worked nicely having a more balanced defensive structure. I nearly always use the 442(2) in friendlies for objectives (and usually pick it if available in the rare occasions I play the draft) and find it solid.

I've built a new team that fits either so wondering what are other people's experiences with either and what custom tactics work best?

Thanks

Comments

• Razovar
    2086 posts National Call-Up
    I only play 4222 and really like it. One CDM on balanced.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    How can you ever go back to such a boring 442 or 4222 after using a nice 352 ???
  • ToiletChimp
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    How can you ever go back to such a boring 442 or 4222 after using a nice 352 ???

I really liked the 352 for ages but recently just struggled for some reason. Might not be the formation but want to try something else just to 'reset' myself.
  • If your going to follow the sheep heard with the 4222 and 442 , why don’t you try the 4231 as well. Just a suggestion
  • ToiletChimp
    Splayer23 wrote: »
    If your going to follow the sheep heard with the 4222 and 442 , why don’t you try the 4231 as well. Just a suggestion

At this rate every formation in the game will get called a 'sheep'. I've played 352 pretty much all year you big crybaby.
  • Gogs
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    If your going to follow the sheep heard with the 4222 and 442 , why don’t you try the 4231 as well. Just a suggestion

Which formations are not sheep formations?
  • Mutu10gol
    2995 posts National Call-Up

At this rate every formation in the game will get called a 'sheep'. I've played 352 pretty much all year you big crybaby.

Correct, we have now 3 or 4 formations that if you play them you are a sheep, we will remain without formations :) anyway i play both 4222 and 442(2), believe me until 16 17 wins în WL is better to use 4222,after that you need to play the 442 any variation, is sad but true, for fun use 4222 for better results use 442.