Why am I getting speed up lag every game now?

JayyThunder
5354 posts Big Money Move
Without fail. Getting speed up lag every single game.

Never happened before. Now it happens all the time. And I’m tired of losing games due to it.

Is there any solution? No I can’t go wired. I’m still at 200+ dl regardless.

Comments

• Same thing happened to be few weeks back.. have always been wireless with little to no problems. Now I can’t play a single game wireless... I went with wired and no problems
  • YidArmy
    2433 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeh speed up lag is due to being wireless. Why you would all of a sudden start getting it I don't know.

I used to get it once every game like clock work when I was wireless. I've changed to wired and its completely gone.
  • JayyThunder
    So stupid.
  • Count yourself lucky the game speeds up at all. Its permanently slow for the rest of us lol.
  • limjitwe
    10032 posts Has That Special Something
    Could be your lan cable. Happened to me. Realised it’s my cable and I switched to a new Cat8 one... now it’s ok
  • Chill
    480 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had the same problem for years with virgin hub even at 300mb. Wired did fix it but nothing else helped
  • JayyThunder
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Could be your lan cable. Happened to me. Realised it’s my cable and I switched to a new Cat8 one... now it’s ok

You didn’t read what I said.
  • JayyThunder
    Chill wrote: »
    Had the same problem for years with virgin hub even at 300mb. Wired did fix it but nothing else helped

Ughhh. That’s so annoying man
  • It’s your Xbox. I have used my Uni WiFi as well as Home WiFi, the latter with over 200mbps DL speed and still get speed up lag. Wired is the only thing that prevents it. I’ve had this issue since FIFA 19 and only realised that an Ethernet was the fix a couple of months ago. I don’t quite understand why it happens, or who’s to blame for it EA or Xbox, but it’s pathetic from two giant companies.
  • limjitwe
    10032 posts Has That Special Something
    limjitwe wrote: »

You didn’t read what I said.

Sorry man. Didn’t see the last sentence. 🤪
  • lippyone
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just have to live with it I think. The good news is it probably does not worsen your results, and may even have more deleterious effect on your opponent.
  • Without fail. Getting speed up lag every single game.

Never happened before. Now it happens all the time. And I’m tired of losing games due to it.

Is there any solution? No I can’t go wired. I’m still at 200+ dl regardless.

If the reason you can’t go wired is that you can’t run a cable? Have you tried power lines?