5 at the back new meta!

Retropoe82
1666 posts Play-Off Hero
Was only a matter of time, any tips on what players suit it best, an which formation to choose, had a rough WL so far.
7 games left silver 1 lookin like.

Cheers lads

Comments

• MarketBanned
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect
    5 at the sweat
  • Dazs23
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Double up on the wings. 442 or 4222. Just make sure you don’t keep your full backs staying back and you should hurt them getting down the wings. Also have a pass around the back to pull their defence out a bit too before attacking
  • Retropoe82
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cancel that, i cba, i've already got high anxiety. I'll stay positive hand out some free wins an take a few Weekend leagues off. So Squad battles for a bit

No sweat lads stay safe, be positive 👍
  • Bob_Bobson
    1435 posts Professional
    I tried 532 to see what the fuss was and it has to be one of the most boring fifa experiences I've had. Went back to my normal options after three games.
  • I was wondering why everyone's using 532? Is it supposed to be good? Alls that's happened is I've dominated the ball in every game why the other guy sits with a deep line of players and then struggles to get forward when he gets the ball. Yawn. Only lost 1 WL game and that was against a guy who wasn't using it 😂
  • StMaxi
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sheep just follow what Youtubers tell them to basically.
  • HyperOCD
    1782 posts Play-Off Hero
    StMaxi wrote: »
    Sheep just follow what Youtubers tell them to basically.

the hype started when a PRO player took apart everyone with 5atb
    Youtube jumped on the wagon
  • ChappellRovers
    3396 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 6
    I use it on 7 depth with heavy pressing. The wing backs are actually way wider than any other formation or squad because everyone has low defensive width and low defensive depth. For me it is the anti-meta formation best against 1 depth drop back as its hard to counter - iv gone from conceding 2-4 counter goals a game to conceding 0-1 counter goals a game. This has turned many losses and draws into wins.

People who dont play 1 depth drop back do a lot better against me and the formation so there we go.
  • ChappellRovers
    3396 posts National Call-Up
    I use it on 7 depth with heavy pressing. The wing backs are actually way wider than any other formation or squad because everyone has low defensive width and low defensive depth. For me it is the anti-meta formation best against 1 depth drop back as its hard to counter - iv gone from conceding 2-4 counter goals a game to conceding 0-1 counter goals a game. This has turned many losses and draws into wins.

People who dont play 1 depth drop back do a lot better against me and the formation so there we go.

I take this back played someone who scored 2 counter goals from 2 shots against me, fouled me from behind everytime i was through on goal, and played 9 men in the box. So it doesn’t necessarily beat the meta way of playing ...
  • abhreebhu_45
    6510 posts Big Money Move
    Whenever I see 5atb,,,I know m playing a noob most of the times 😆
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    I tried 532 to see what the fuss was and it has to be one of the most boring fifa experiences I've had. Went back to my normal options after three games.

It’s the opposite for me. 2 full backs bombing forward and 2 cm’s on balanced to score goals. It’s actually given me an incentive to play against everyone’s usual formations, including the ultra boring 4231
  • Amargaladaster26
    10717 posts Has That Special Something
    Some youtubers made a video about 5atb? Cause this week I played more of that than in whole 21.
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    4231 and 4222 with defenders and cdms stay back is 6atb. U all jusy cry while Jota goes 30-0 in wl. 5atb the lwb and rwb bomb forward all the time, use your brains and doubke up the wings like some ppl said.
  • Purplejacket
    Some youtubers made a video about 5atb? Cause this week I played more of that than in whole 21.

Almost all of them.
  • Purplejacket
    Well, I think it's the way you play it.

Everybody spits on 5atb, yet a 352 is considered brave.

The 352 ultra defensive is way more defensive than a 51212 ultra attacking.

This
  • MurkingFools
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    It really is pathetic that people want to play like this to sweat wins.

I had one guy sub off an attacker for a CB and switched to 532 at half time.

The game was already 0-0 and dull as dish water and my opponent made it even more dull.

I celebrated like hell when I scored the winner late on 😄

Yeah it’s really pathetic that people want to use a formation that’s in the game,

Glad you celebrated like “HELL’” that must have taught him real guuuud,

Ea should just get rid of all formations it’s totally pathetic
  • Buzzbuzz wrote: »

The game was already 0-0 and dull as dish water and my opponent made it even more dull.

Yeah it’s really pathetic that people want to use a formation that’s in the game,

Its the fact that all the sheep are all just starting to use it because of some youtuber. They will move onto another formation in a few weeks when a youtuber tells them what to use 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴
  • MurkingFools
    edited February 6

Its the fact that all the sheep are all just starting to use it because of some youtuber. They will move onto another formation in a few weeks when a youtuber tells them what to use 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴

So what !

If people want to check on YouTube for a formation that’s there choice, some people are bad at setting up a formation n tactics, some don’t have time to test every formation out. Some watch the videos and like the way the formations is said to play out.

So many babies in here crying

Sheep’s are spamming skill moves because of youtubers

Sheep are spamming passes because of pep

Sheep’s don’t even like fifa they on bought it coz of youtubers
  • MurkingFools
    So many sheeps pointing there fingers at sheep but based on what they think a is sheep is, that’s same logic means they are sheep too, lmao
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero

Unlike the other guys using 442 and 4231, they ain’t sheep right?
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    I just stick to 4411, the more the other person defends with the less there is to deal with at the back for me.

That is what I use this year I'm really liking it a good well balanced formation
  • Buzzbuzz wrote: »

Unlike the other guys using 442 and 4231, they ain’t sheep right?

Why can't people just try formations and tactics without having to have their hands held by the goons on youtube
  • DanishDynamiteUS
    1805 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh man, I’m playing 352, but start 5221. Don’t hate on me if you see me 😂

I swear the players don’t stay 5atb!