Imagine if content creators stood up like Vikkstar has with Warzone

Gavalarrrr
339 posts Sunday League Hero
We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
Its a joke what this game has become.

Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

Comments

  • john_d_efc
    2055 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ultimately EA has the content creators by the balls and they won't risk speaking out because they will just get replaced by someone else very easily
  • Dazs23
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think highlighting cheating is a bit different than compla ining about the game. There’s plenty of streamers that have highlighted pack weights and the price of Fifa points during the toty promo, ultimately EA won’t care because people buy them and streamers won’t stop buying them as that is what the viewers want to see. I do keep an eye on certain SBCs streamers open for pack weights before deciding to do myself so it is helpful
  • Wi1son73
    3828 posts National Call-Up
    Kurt spoke out, look where it got him..
  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    Kurt spoke out, look where it got him..

    He doesn't know how to "speak up". Shouldn't take him seriously before he does some major adjustments.
  • Wi1son73
    3828 posts National Call-Up
    He definitely went round it the wrong way...
  • futaddikt
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol not another one of these threads.....
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2021
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    He definitely went round it the wrong way...

    Yes swearing and being all aggressive never helps but I think he deserves another chance. Hes done a fair bit of time now.
  • Dramacydal
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4368 posts National Call-Up
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Because they make money anyway no budget is given to the gameplay. All the money is given to David Beckham, Dua Lipa,Embiid, etc to promote the game or to buy new icons image rights.
    Little is done to the gameplay or to improve servers
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    ProfanPes wrote: »
    People who put real money into Fifa points are losers. End of.

    Or winners with lots of spare cash 🤑
  • The issue is, EA know there’s no other sports games that come close to FIFA, PES is miles behind. Content creators can’t risk being alienated by EA because they don’t have another game that’s similar to FiFA. There’s multiple looter shooters / battle royale’s out there.
  • Nadav94
    49 posts Park Captain
    End of the day the content creators use this game as their main (sometimes only) income, so the chances of them speaking out in a way that could harm them are basically zero.
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2021
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Because they make money anyway no budget is given to the gameplay. All the money is given to David Beckham, Dua Lipa,Embiid, etc to promote the game or to buy new icons image rights.
    Little is done to the gameplay or to improve servers

    This is it. If they spend the money they spend on those celebrities on increasing the budget for servers and the development in general we would have better gameplay.

    Increase in profits validates that their way of spending is working so they will not spend more money for improving gameplay. People who spend money on packs approve this strategy with their wallet
  • Gavalarrrr
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    futaddikt wrote: »
    Lol not another one of these threads.....

    I mean, your name just screams EA fan boy
  • Gavalarrrr
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    FaFiFa wrote: »
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Because they make money anyway no budget is given to the gameplay. All the money is given to David Beckham, Dua Lipa,Embiid, etc to promote the game or to buy new icons image rights.
    Little is done to the gameplay or to improve servers

    This is it. If they spend the money they spend on those celebrities on increasing the budget for servers and the development in general we would have better gameplay.

    Increase in profits validates that their way of spending is working so they will not spend more money for improving gameplay. People who spend money on packs approve this strategy with their wallet

    Exactly. £40m to secure Beckham as a icon in. That's just a joke. I loved watching Beckham play and wanted him in the game for years. But I'd rather the gameplay be fixed than him be in game to be honest.

    I've only been playing divisions and you can tell its been left to die because the pings all over the place. Best ping I get on seasons is 60ms.
  • Gavalarrrr
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Pack openings are where EA make their money and therefore I they're making money, why would they improve the gameplay.

    They know mongols will still buy the game thinking its better when it's a copy and paste job (look how fifa 21 is just like 20 now after the patches)

    Gameplay will never be improved whilst people buy an abundance of packs.
  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Pack openings are where EA make their money and therefore I they're making money, why would they improve the gameplay.

    They know mongols will still buy the game thinking its better when it's a copy and paste job (look how fifa 21 is just like 20 now after the patches)

    Gameplay will never be improved whilst people buy an abundance of packs.

    It's better than Fifa20 for a start.

    You can't really compare the situation with COD as that is mainly due to rampant cheating, which in fairness, EA has under control for FIFA, there might be a whole load of problems, but that isnt one.
  • djnition
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Pack openings are where EA make their money and therefore I they're making money, why would they improve the gameplay.

    They know mongols will still buy the game thinking its better when it's a copy and paste job (look how fifa 21 is just like 20 now after the patches)

    Gameplay will never be improved whilst people buy an abundance of packs.

    It's better than Fifa20 for a start.

    You can't really compare the situation with COD as that is mainly due to rampant cheating, which in fairness, EA has under control for FIFA, there might be a whole load of problems, but that isnt one.

    Fifa 20 was miles better in regards to gameplay in this fifa u cud have a midfield with 99 passing and they still would miss place a sideways pass
  • Gavalarrrr
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Pack openings are where EA make their money and therefore I they're making money, why would they improve the gameplay.

    They know mongols will still buy the game thinking its better when it's a copy and paste job (look how fifa 21 is just like 20 now after the patches)

    Gameplay will never be improved whilst people buy an abundance of packs.

    It's better than Fifa20 for a start.

    You can't really compare the situation with COD as that is mainly due to rampant cheating, which in fairness, EA has under control for FIFA, there might be a whole load of problems, but that isnt one.

    Id take fifa 20 right now personally.
    Patch after patch has destroyed the game which came out in October.

    You can compare as both are practically unplayable. The game is a laughing stock within the community.
  • sneaky77
    728 posts Semi-Pro
    i think there are streamers out there that point out the gameplay flaws, but they are not the most popular because people want to see pack openings.

    Even with all the flaws there are flashes of brilliance, but also, a yearly development cycle is crush and you can never fix or test everything. I don't doubt people in the development team know a lot of these issues, is a matter of time, and also, has to ship, and yes I am sure the people in charge care more about the $$

    COD appears to be a whole another issue since they just banned like 50k cheaters or so.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    ProfanPes wrote: »
    People who put real money into Fifa points are losers. End of.

    Lots of kids at an impressionable age play fut though. Might not have the same life experience as you or I unfortunately.
  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    We seriously need content creators to stand up for how poor this game is.
    Its a joke what this game has become.

    Zerka wants to stop his series, the only reason he'll continue it is if he opens packs.
    Most content creators only really do it to open packs these days which just shows all fifa is is literally and pack opening simulator.

    It's mad because of people actually stopped buying packs we'd get a much better game because EA would have to fix the gameplay. We're masters of our own downfall.

    People need to stop complaining about pack openings being the cause of our problems. The only problem IS the gameplay. Because in an skill based game no pack luck kid or Pay to win player will beat a guy with just a decent team. Even if P2W guy has all TOTY. The other main problem is and always will be casual players. The people enjoing a real skill based game are small compared to their counter part,the Average Joe. I personally wish for a skill based game. I like to have 2 seperate Rivals and Weekend League modes. 1 as is the other skill based but with even better Rewards.

    Pack openings are where EA make their money and therefore I they're making money, why would they improve the gameplay.

    They know mongols will still buy the game thinking its better when it's a copy and paste job (look how fifa 21 is just like 20 now after the patches)

    Gameplay will never be improved whilst people buy an abundance of packs.

    It's better than Fifa20 for a start.

    You can't really compare the situation with COD as that is mainly due to rampant cheating, which in fairness, EA has under control for FIFA, there might be a whole load of problems, but that isnt one.

    Id take fifa 20 right now personally.
    Patch after patch has destroyed the game which came out in October.

    You can compare as both are practically unplayable. The game is a laughing stock within the community.

    Who are you kidding with practically unplayable, yea it has issues but it "plays" perfectly fine without any glaring technical issues etc, there is no mass cheating, it's rarely down etc

    There is no "fix" to gameplay as it's not broken, it's as they intend it to be, you either play it or you dont. If you dont like it that much then dont buy next years, I dont really get why Fifa players seem to think it is always a special case.

  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2021
    Double posted ignore this!

  • Doub13emTee
    488 posts Sunday League Hero
    You think that fifa creators care about the state of this game? You are wrong :) they only care about the money they make. Each and every one of them.
  • grogans_heroes
    2489 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't know that I agree with "unplayable". I get bad servers can impact an individual experience, but the game plays like a video game...as it's marketed to be. My usual response to these comments is, go to school, learn programming, and create a better game. There is clearly a demand out there for it. Now EA as a company? I've railed against them for 30+ years...
  • Eddieww
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Here is my input:

    Journalism in gaming:
    There is not a single gaming news report/presenter I can think of that will grill a company to their face about the quality of games. Gaming companies can produce sub-par products and ship it without facing any criticism from the media or coverage regarding this at all. I'm going to hate this analogy in the future, but their is no-one asking questions of these companies in the way someone like Pier Morgan grills a politician. They're not doing this as a hobby anymore, gaming is bigger than that now so they need to step up; they're under no pressure from the public eye and will keep producing garbage until they are.

    Trapped content creators:
    I'm using Zweback as an example in this, I personally don't watch the guy and this isn't an attack on him in anyway, he was just the first name who fit the bill I could think of. During FUTBirthday in FIFA 18 their were 4 cards available in SBCs and each player was announced by a different content creator, one of the people fortunate enough to be involved in this was Zweback. He announced the card on twitter and the rest is history from their, I get the impression he enjoys FIFA a lot but I imagine he probably takes some issue at times with gameplay/lag/content etc. If someone is that position were to vent their frustrations then they risk not being asked to do these events with EA again. Not only does this detriment their channel growth but this game is their source of income, yes they could change game but people watch them to see them play FIFA, not something like LoL or DOTA. So even if they REALLY wanted to boycott the game in someway they'd lose out, and realistically I doubt anyone on here would swap income for changes to gameplay on a video game.

    TL:DR - EA aren't going to change and their is no pressure from anyone for them to make changes. So unfortunately we are without any hope.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    You think that fifa creators care about the state of this game? You are wrong :) they only care about the money they make. Each and every one of them.

    This is correct their in on in it. EAs best salesmen.
Sign In or Register to comment.