Messi & CR7 ICON rating

KING_HENKE
1235 posts Professional
What do you think Leo and CR7’s ratings will be like when they ultimately retire and become ICONS? Do you think their moments card will be as high as Pele and Maradona? Or is that too far? What do you think EA are likely to do?

Card images just for fun

BASE MESSI
A14-BAE5-B-DC55-4164-828-A-73-F01-A0-A90-A4.png

MID MESSI
2061-F4-A1-206-D-44-EC-ADAA-D331-B1-DFDBB4.png

PRIME MESSI
1-F19311-A-155-D-4-F6-A-A321-59-ECC25-E7139.png

MOMENTS MESSI
C65-CBEBC-6322-4081-B4-AC-E2647-DA5508-B.png

BASE CR7
18-E00-F02-D669-4-F77-B02-A-76-FE52-F8707-D.png

MID CR7
F8-FC21-AC-B54-C-4-D95-9-E71-6593850-D537-B.png

PRIME CR7
A3-A61-F89-2730-4-D0-C-B7-E1-C87-C8-EABD408.jpg

MOMENTS CR7
C3701-F67-81-D7-4-AF2-89-CE-E294-BB8-BD061.png

Comments

• Lackosweat
    9899 posts Has That Special Something
    I have the same rating for both of them.
    Base 91
    Mid 95
    Prime 98
    Moments 99
  • Kennyy
    9308 posts League Winner
    Base 87 like this flashback ronaldo
  • WomboCombo
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why would mid Ronaldo have the Man United look and not base?

Base Ronaldo will be United Ronaldo around year 2/3.

They will be rated probably exactly the same as Pele

91/95/98/99
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    WomboCombo wrote: »
    Why would mid Ronaldo have the Man United look and not base?

Base Ronaldo will be United Ronaldo around year 2/3.

They will be rated probably exactly the same as Pele

91/95/98/99

The cards are just for fun. Icons order doesn’t go by year. Loads of icons have their base as the older version, because that’s when they were at their drop off.
  • WomboCombo
    edited February 2021
    oh, i see, base Icons always seemed to be the younger/faster/less skilled
  • Lackosweat
    9899 posts Has That Special Something
    Base Ronaldo and base Messi were Ballon d’Or winners, not your ordinary youngsters that have the potential to reach the top. They were already the best in the world ;)
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    WomboCombo wrote: »
    oh, i see, base Icons always seemed to be the younger/faster/less skilled

Pirlo for instance, his base is the older Pirlo. Same with Baggio, Matthaus, Linekar, Bergkamp, Klose, Shearer, Scholes, Gullit and a load more.
  • WomboCombo
    edited February 2021
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Base Ronaldo and base Messi were Ballon d’Or winners, not your ordinary youngsters that have the potential to reach the top. They were already the best in the world ;)

lmao, they're both Ballon winners over 15 years. Hard to find any "base" version except maybe their 36 year old self in a few years lol

I think the base will just be their year 1 cards. Its the worst both have been in their careers. Not as bad as the 87 garbage flashback ronaldo but from the same era of his career.
  • Fifapayne
    5111 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2021
    Not better(higher) than R9
  • number7rocky
    7746 posts League Winner
    Base CR7 would be RW (Man U)
    Mid CR7 would be ST (Juventus)
    Prime and Moments would be LW (Real Madrid)
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2021
    Fifapayne wrote: »

I mean they both had better careers than R9. Sure his was riddled with injuries and a lot of what ifs but they both accomplished a lot more and changed the way we view modern football as everyone is compared to either Messi or Ronaldo as the gold standard
  • WomboCombo

You can't be this silly lol

Not only are Messi and Ronaldo far better than R9, they're far more beloved in the modern age, and mean far more to FIfa's financial success. Of course they will be higher rated.
  • WomboCombo

I mean they both had better careers than R9. Sure his was riddled with injuries and a lot of what ifs but they both accomplished a lot more and changed the way we view modern football as everyone is compared to either Messi or Ronaldo as the gold standard

The funny thing about those "what ifs" is even in the most wildly successful scenario and perfect health, R9 still wouldn't have had Messi or Ronaldo's career. Simple as that.
  • Spillaren
    2859 posts National Call-Up
    Think they should be 92 95 98, already well accomplished players early on
  • what3v3r
    1028 posts Professional
    Messi should have Pele's rating. Ronaldo 1 tier below
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe I will express an unpopular opinion, but if the player's moments reflect the best performance of a football player, then Ronaldinho and Maradona should have the highest rating in the game. Just two magicians in the world of football. Messi and CR7 are good because they show the top level consistently from year to year.
  • Rainaz
    900 posts Semi-Pro
    what3v3r wrote: »
    Messi should have Pele's rating. Ronaldo 1 tier below

Messi and ronaldo are shoulders above Pele. Those 2 are the greatest of all time
  • OZero
    7503 posts League Winner
    Both should be 99
  • what3v3r
    1028 posts Professional
    kevinvhwm wrote: »
    Maybe I will express an unpopular opinion, but if the player's moments reflect the best performance of a football player, then Ronaldinho and Maradona should have the highest rating in the game. Just two magicians in the world of football. Messi and CR7 are good because they show the top level consistently from year to year.

I agree, except that Messi had a 91 goals season. I don't think a player ever played so well in football history.
  • joehuk
    6536 posts Big Money Move
    For me Both ronaldo and Messi are the best players the world has ever seen and we'll see for a long time.

And yes above Madonna, Pele, cruyff, R9 etc some will disagree but for me they're both mid 30's and still outperforming anyone and showing no signs of really slowing down.

Both have won trophies after trophies and awards after awards in one of the strongest generations of footballers.

Not only have they got all of the above they are generally head and shoulders above anyone talent wise and there's some fantastic talents in the world right now.

No one has struck a ball like Ronaldo, or has the raw power, skill as Ronaldo.

No one is as elegant, skillfull, team player as Messi.

Yes similar players in the past but none like these two.

That's my opinion.

So yes 91,95,98,99 for both.
  • barryw
    2453 posts National Call-Up
    Both moments 99 rated.
    Base, Mid and Prime Messi one higher in each.
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    IMO. R9 had a better peak than CR7 but it was very short due to injury. Also I'd sack off all the different versions of icons. Give them a prime and an inform only.

Messi 92, 95, 97, 99
    CR7 91, 93, 96, 98
  • Zeke1216
    2963 posts National Call-Up
    Messi 93 , 95 , 98 ,99
    Ronaldo 91 , 93 , 96, 98

Ronaldo is a great himself probably top 3 ever but I do believe Messi is the best player of all time and should be the highest
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    I’d respect EA giving them 99s, but I don’t trust them to.