Crazy tactics ruining the game

ProfanPes
466 posts An Exciting Prospect
Crazy how many people still rely on depth 1. Fifa really got this bad huh?

Comments

• Zefi
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe tactics should be based on the coaches
  • Jamieshore22
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really don’t know what they can do. I mean parking the bus is a genuine tactic in football but this is a video game try and find a little joy
  • ProfanPes
    I really don’t know what they can do. I mean parking the bus is a genuine tactic in football but this is a video game try and find a little joy

Joy? How when everyone plsys boring tactics
  • ProfanPes
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    This was from a game I had today. My opponent played with a back line of 7 all game. It never left the edge of his box

Custom tactics need to go

IMG-20210130-140915.jpg

Some people think this is acceptable. Scary
  • Evilp3te
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Park the bus tactic and sticking everybody behind the ball is a realistic tactic and I dont mind playing against that. There are plenty of ways to break it down.

What should not exist is unrealistic perfect through balls to strikers when somebody plays this tactic.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    ProfanPes wrote: »
    Zefi wrote: »
    Maybe tactics should be based on the coaches

Maybe ea should remove custom tactics and have an enjoyable game?

Yup, yup.

Let's get this s done please.
  • Khangaskhan17
    4462 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 30
    The AI movement on this game is already so watered down and generic as it is. Removing custom tactics would only make it worse. What they need to do is limit the extremes of the custom tactics. Perhaps, 4 depth should be the lowest and limit the number of players people can leave on stay forward.

Get in behind needs to be balanced by improving defenders’ ability to offsides trap.
  • Growler
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    Evilp3te wrote: »
    Park the bus tactic and sticking everybody behind the ball is a realistic tactic and I dont mind playing against that. There are plenty of ways to break it down.

What should not exist is unrealistic perfect through balls to strikers when somebody plays this tactic.

Yep, a stay bk defensive setup is used in real football and, although very boring, it is possible to break it down. The problem is when you play against someone who really know how to abuse it. They just sit there and let the ai do all the hard work then hit you with 2 or 3 quick passes and bang..... you’re 3-0 down. Totally realistic in real football but this isn’t real, and Fifa is far from a sim. So maybe EA just need to look at how to impose realistic gameplay alongside having a bit of fun, because so far they’ve failed.
  • Foxsake
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    Custom tactics needs to go
  • RadioShaq
    18962 posts Moderator
    The extremes are over exaggerated on here. Almost every good player plays on balanced tactics besides being up or down a lot.
  • ProfanPes
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    The extremes are over exaggerated on here. Almost every good player plays on balanced tactics besides being up or down a lot.

Depth 1 drop back counter. Don’t defend EA the custom tactics have ruined enjoyment
  • Jamieshore22
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Growler wrote: »

Yep, a stay bk defensive setup is used in real football and, although very boring, it is possible to break it down. The problem is when you play against someone who really know how to abuse it. They just sit there and let the ai do all the hard work then hit you with 2 or 3 quick passes and bang..... you’re 3-0 down. Totally realistic in real football but this isn’t real, and Fifa is far from a sim. So maybe EA just need to look at how to impose realistic gameplay alongside having a bit of fun, because so far they’ve failed.

But that’s the problem it’s too east to let the computer do it. The auto blocking of shots completely ruins the game. I think I’m done with weekend league for sure. 30 dames of the same weekend is just ridiculous, what we need is more options for different games. Rivals is not as good as divisions was, tournaments would be great? Just enough now

• Jamieshore22
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is just no skill gap until you get to the very top players. I’ve played so many games where I’m better than my opponent and I get zero reward for it. Yes that happens I’m football but that’s 22 people playing not 1v1. And since when can defenders tackle from behind? In the penalty area...game after game.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Growler wrote: »

But that’s the problem it’s too east to let the computer do it. The auto blocking of shots completely ruins the game. I think I’m done with weekend league for sure. 30 dames of the same weekend is just ridiculous, what we need is more options for different games. Rivals is not as good as divisions was, tournaments would be great? Just enough now

I do an intricate passing style around the box.

Amount if times you finally carve out the opening, only to have a player the oppo is not even controlling make a superman shot block.

And then comes the fast break counter!
  • Jamieshore22
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yep...rinse and repeat.
  • RadioShaq
    18962 posts Moderator
    When a game is competitive you balance it from the top. Now can the extremes make it to easy or hard for someone in division 10 yeah probably. Some pretty much run on a straight line and can’t get past a defender. You can’t remove 9 defenders so someone in division 10 can score.
  • Buzzbuzz
    1915 posts Play-Off Hero
    When a game is competitive you balance it from the top. Now can the extremes make it to easy or hard for someone in division 10 yeah probably. Some pretty much run on a straight line and can’t get past a defender. You can’t remove 9 defenders so someone in division 10 can score.

Nobody is talking about division 10 players getting an easy ride. You're being totally disingenuous.

I'm a div 2/gold 2 player and 80% of my opponent's in the weekend league are deep AI defend/run round with Kante/hoof through balls to Mbappe.

Even in the lower divisions you get people trying to replicate it, obviously with not as good results.

Why is the option to even play like this in the game, let alone a very effective tactic?

My argument isn't even on a competitive level, it's on an enjoyment level.
  • Buzzbuzz
    1915 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 31
    Besides which, there's plenty of competitive games that don't include toxic, degenerate, fun-sapping tactics.
  • Growler
    813 posts Semi-Pro

No, but surely there’s a skill gap in defending instead of allowing the ai to do most of it for you??? No matter how this game played, we’d all have our level. We have our level now, mines between div 3 and div 1 and gold 2 for WL. But the game is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ boring and frustrating. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing the computer in SB’s. So what if a div 10 player conceded 7 goals to a div 5 player!!!! For starters the better player should nearly always win and if the game modes and match making worked properly, how many times would a div 5 player meet a div 10 player!!!!! It seems crazy to me that in a game where nearly every mode is skill based, players get a helping hand. It’s so obvious in some games.
  • RadioShaq
    18962 posts Moderator
    The skill gap is defending manually and not letting the computer do it for you. Anders is 464-0 because he manually defends. His defending is amazing really and much better than his offense.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Man mark or w/e the crap it is, needs to be fixed. You can do it all game without getting tired and worse, the AI will intercept every pass you make near the players.

Changes the game far too easily.
  • oneskyworld
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    PTB itself is not a problem.
    The real problem is the PTB plus autoblock.
  • Wurrsmycash
    1404 posts Professional
    They need to revamp custom tactics altogether...I think it's complete BS you can have a 4-5-1 with Mbappe CDM, Ronaldo right back and Kante Left Forward, get perfect chemistry then with the switch of a simple D-pad press you go 4-2-3-1 or 442 with Ronaldo and Mbappe up front, full chemistry, no limitations.

This makes positioning, formation and chemistry irrelevant in the game.....so stupid
  • Rainaz
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    1 depth? I feel like I'm playing 10 depth mega press every game...... wish I knew how they did it
  • Growler wrote: »

Indeed 👍 , played someone in WL yesterday who defended with 8-9 players with very low depth since kickoff while his only mode of attack all game was crossing the ball from right and left , all game! I thought he was completing some objective because the amount of crosses he made was absurd !!
  • Cbn
    1921 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes Park the bus Is valid tactic but now we have 9 patches nerfing attacking with skill move and dribbling down the drain while it seems AI def. is even stronger than ever. One of the best fifas into this sad state of game, who are they making this game for?
  • Cbn
    1921 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont think Ive never seen 5 atb before WL or div 1 and now some very good players are playing 5 atb. Tells you something about this game