Anonymous poll: have you ever purposefully relegated in DR for Friendlies?

Comments

• Downthewing85
    898 posts Professional
    Orison wrote: »
    If your goal is to play as little as possible you might wanna look for a different hobby.

Why so? maybe hes not as sad as you. U just look at every thread to see if there is a chance u can tell someone your in div1 and your amazing
  • Downthewing85
    898 posts Professional
    Thorny wrote: »
    If your goal is to play as little as possible you might wanna look for a different hobby.

Please refer to the final benefit on my pros and cons list

By your logic, you must love me demoting as it means you get to spend even more time playing your hobby! Why are you so upset by demoting as you get to play so much?!!!

Well that makes absolutely no sense.

We wouldn't have matched before your self relegating either. For me these people are irrelevant to my matchmaking. I just think it's needless and slightly embarassing

Playing too much fifa at the peak of your ability is stressful - what don’t you understand?

You incited that if you want to play the game less it shouldn’t be your hobby? I’ve explained I enjoy the game at points, but don’t want to always play against top end competition as it’s draining.

You never play against top end competition :D

Friendly matchmaking is super wide. You can match people at like 1600 skillrating while being in div 1. And with everybody doing golden goal nobody is really playing serious either.

As I said it's unnecessary and therefore kinda embarassing to still waste some of your all so precious time on doing it.

I notice a significant difference in friendlies when at 2000 skill rating versus 1100 skill rating - if it wasn’t skill based and made no difference, this thread wouldn’t exist.

You can attempt to be as satirical as you like - the fact is I spend 45 minutes every 6 weeks demoting, yet save a huge amount of time for the following months friendly challenges. Consider it an investment.

Consider is smart 👍😅
  • Downthewing85
    898 posts Professional
    edited January 2021
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

By your logic, you must love me demoting as it means you get to spend even more time playing your hobby! Why are you so upset by demoting as you get to play so much?!!!

We wouldn't have matched before your self relegating either. For me these people are irrelevant to my matchmaking. I just think it's needless and slightly embarassing

Playing too much fifa at the peak of your ability is stressful - what don’t you understand?

You incited that if you want to play the game less it shouldn’t be your hobby? I’ve explained I enjoy the game at points, but don’t want to always play against top end competition as it’s draining.

Friendly matchmaking is super wide. You can match people at like 1600 skillrating while being in div 1. And with everybody doing golden goal nobody is really playing serious either.

As I said it's unnecessary and therefore kinda embarassing to still waste some of your all so precious time on doing it.

I notice a significant difference in friendlies when at 2000 skill rating versus 1100 skill rating - if it wasn’t skill based and made no difference, this thread wouldn’t exist.

You can attempt to be as satirical as you like - the fact is I spend 45 minutes every 6 weeks demoting, yet save a huge amount of time for the following months friendly challenges. Consider it an investment.

Or ofc you could try and become good at your hobby in your months of playing.

Each to their own, but to me it's hardly an investment to waste time relegating and then play golden goal in friendlies which you could have done further up too.

Throughout this thread, we’ve surely established I’m decent, just don’t want to put the concentration and stress required to play a crazy number of games each week with WL, Rivals and friendlies.

You’re entitled to your opinion, if you don’t notice it or enjoy the grind then your solution is more than fair - I just don’t enjoy said grind as much after 11 years of fifa.

What about the stress off the lower skilled players though that end up getting unfairly matched against you? Doesn't that count?? By your logic the local pub team should arrange to put themselves into the under 12 league as it's too much 'stress' playing against evenly matched teams. Or the heavyweight champ should have a fight against the bloke from the pub as fighting a serious contender is again too 'stressful . Its balant cheating and is against EAs own matchmaking manipulation rule which they choose not to enforce for whatever reason.

1 They should self relegate
    2 Get better
    3 Or play something else
    4 Or come on a forum and try to tell people how they should play there game .
    I care about my online opponent as much as my squad battle opponent
    Could not give a #@#% as much as do they do about me
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero

Each to their own, but to me it's hardly an investment to waste time relegating and then play golden goal in friendlies which you could have done further up too.

Throughout this thread, we’ve surely established I’m decent, just don’t want to put the concentration and stress required to play a crazy number of games each week with WL, Rivals and friendlies.

You’re entitled to your opinion, if you don’t notice it or enjoy the grind then your solution is more than fair - I just don’t enjoy said grind as much after 11 years of fifa.

What about the stress off the lower skilled players though that end up getting unfairly matched against you? Doesn't that count?? By your logic the local pub team should arrange to put themselves into the under 12 league as it's too much 'stress' playing against evenly matched teams. Or the heavyweight champ should have a fight against the bloke from the pub as fighting a serious contender is again too 'stressful . Its balant cheating and is against EAs own matchmaking manipulation rule which they choose not to enforce for whatever reason.

Nice try, but no

The game mode is FRIENDLIES. Do you cry when Arsenal have a warm up game against Boreham Wood and Barnet in pre season?

DownTheWing has covered any additional
    solutions if you’re still finding it hard xoxo
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite

2 Get better
    3 Or play something else

Lol aye the old git gud argument. At the end of the day all your self relegaters are looking the easy way out. Which of course EA are standing back and letting yous away with for whatever reason. It says an awful lot about you characters tbh.
  • Diggy
    15541 posts World Class
    Some people in here are arrogant self serving pigs

I pity them
  • Gazmac_868
    Diggy wrote: »

I pity them

They never know when to stop digging!
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero

2 Get better
    3 Or play something else

Lol aye the old git gud argument. At the end of the day all your self relegaters are looking the easy way out. Which of course EA are standing back and letting yous away with for whatever reason. It says an awful lot about you characters tbh.

1.Yes it’s looking for an easier path, no one has disputed that?
    2. You know absolutely nothing about my character - you couldn’t pick me out in a crowd of two, you gammon 😂
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero

I pity them

“Self serving pigs” based on playing a video game more casually 😂😂😂 the lack of reasoning if this community is insane at times
  • Gazmac_868

Nice try, but no

The game mode is FRIENDLIES. Do you cry when Arsenal have a warm up game against Boreham Wood and Barnet in pre season?

Do Arsenal ask for the game to be stopped after they score the first goal and ask those opponents to roll over and quit?? If friendly matches weren't based off your skill level on rivals then this would be a fair enough argument.
  • Gazmac_868

2 Get better
    3 Or play something else

2. You know absolutely nothing about my character - you couldn’t pick me out in a crowd of two, you gammon 😂

Lol oh I'm getting a fair idea off your character mate Once you have to resort to childish name calling......
  • Diggy
    15541 posts World Class

I pity them

“Self serving pigs” based on playing a video game more casually 😂😂😂 the lack of reasoning if this community is insane at times

You understanding who I was referring to says it all

Peace I’m out Smurf
  • DIXON THFC
    3787 posts National Call-Up
    I was always taught to try be the best I can, unfortunately I'm not good enough for division 1 but I've been in 2/3 all year so far.
  • Jdizzle
    2870 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thought it was 100% of players relegate? Every time they lose its because of a relegator?
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero

Nice try, but no

Do Arsenal ask for the game to be stopped after they score the first goal and ask those opponents to roll over and quit?? If friendly matches weren't based off your skill level on rivals then this would be a fair enough argument.

I don’t ask them to??

I play at a much lower skill level in friendlies, that’s my point that you can’t grasp. I’m capable of division 1 wins at full capacity, I’m equally capable at division 4 wins when at half capacity (chatting to mates and chilling). Is it getting any easier for you to understand yet?

• Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero

I pity them

You understanding who I was referring to says it all

Peace I’m out Smurf
    So because I can detect your extremely obviously directed statement it’s makes me guilty of said insult? 😂 good effort, Smurf...
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero

2 Get better
    3 Or play something else

Lol oh I'm getting a fair idea off your character mate Once you have to resort to childish name calling......

Feel free to elaborate
  • Gazmac_868

Nice try, but no

I don’t ask them to??

I play at a much lower skill level in friendlies, that’s my point that you can’t grasp. I’m capable of division 1 wins at full capacity, I’m equally capable at division 4 wins when at half capacity (chatting to mates and chilling). Is it getting any easier for you to understand yet?

Yes I understand that you want an easy way out. A cowards way out the whole time. Again EA for whatever reason are standing idly by letting you get away with it.
  • Gazmac_868
    dengah109 wrote: »

I pity them

Isn't the 1st thread about relegating and wont be the last either. We are wasting our time trying to get those that do it to understand our point of view. We all get why they do it but they dont get why we think it's wrong.

I dont think its necessarily cheating, it doesn't make them the lowest of the low but clearly its extremely selfish. They dont care that it completely ruins the gaming experience of other players. If it was just 1 or 2 that do it it wouldn't be an issue but it is an issue clearly. Those relegating only care about their gaming experience, playing nothing but easy games is more enjoyable to them as it is less stressful, the fact it's not a challenge doesn't matter. I guess the challenge from WL is enough and no doubt we can all understand that.

They dont get its selfish of them or perhaps they just dont care. I dont want to be moralistic but sadly we do live in a society that can be very 'as long as I'm okay then that's all that matters' not necessarily deliberately but without thinking.

Yes it's only a video game and we are all guilty of taking it too seriously at times but those who relegate just dont care that it can spoil someone else's gaming experience so we are wasting our time arguing with them.

100% correct mate couldn't have put it better. Wish someone from EA would read this.
  • Gazmac_868

2 Get better
    3 Or play something else

Feel free to elaborate

I mean when your that desperate to get wins on a video game you feel the need to smurf. Maybe you need an ego boost or something.
  • sneaky77
    712 posts An Exciting Prospect

And what is the solution when the whole playerbase is in div 10 with nowhere else to self relegateto?
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero
    dengah109 wrote: »

I pity them

Isn't the 1st thread about relegating and wont be the last either. We are wasting our time trying to get those that do it to understand our point of view. We all get why they do it but they dont get why we think it's wrong.

I dont think its necessarily cheating, it doesn't make them the lowest of the low but clearly its extremely selfish. They dont care that it completely ruins the gaming experience of other players. If it was just 1 or 2 that do it it wouldn't be an issue but it is an issue clearly. Those relegating only care about their gaming experience, playing nothing but easy games is more enjoyable to them as it is less stressful, the fact it's not a challenge doesn't matter. I guess the challenge from WL is enough and no doubt we can all understand that.

They dont get its selfish of them or perhaps they just dont care. I dont want to be moralistic but sadly we do live in a society that can be very 'as long as I'm okay then that's all that matters' not necessarily deliberately but without thinking.

Yes it's only a video game and we are all guilty of taking it too seriously at times but those who relegate just dont care that it can spoil someone else's gaming experience so we are wasting our time arguing with them.

See, this is actually a logical post I can somewhat agree with (unlike many in this thread by Garry)

The difference in opinion is based on how selfish it is. I understand the potential implications it can have being in a lower division, but me playing at a lower level due to my lessened concentration doesn’t hinder the opposition to the extent people think. I don’t play at a division 1 level against division 4 opponents, I concentrate less and get similar, or marginally better results and in return give out goals to opponents, quit if 1-0 down, try new formations and play casually.
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero

2 Get better
    3 Or play something else

Feel free to elaborate

I mean when your that desperate to get wins on a video game you feel the need to smurf. Maybe you need an ego boost or something.

Strong effort at a character assessment there with your 3 lines of whining.

Do you think I do charitable work?
    What are my political views?
    How do I feel about the distribution of wealth?
    Do I support family and friends in difficult times?
    Have I donated blood ?
    Am I aggressive natures?
    How do I react to negative news?

You know all the answers right because I demote in rivals and called you a gammon because you can’t see other people’s views even slightly?
  • dengah109
    1202 posts Professional

The difference in opinion is based on how selfish it is. I understand the potential implications it can have being in a lower division, but me playing at a lower level due to my lessened concentration doesn’t hinder the opposition to the extent people think. I don’t play at a division 1 level against division 4 opponents, I concentrate less and get similar, or marginally better results and in return give out goals to opponents, quit if 1-0 down, try new formations and play casually.

Thanks for the comment. Okay so you dont try as hard in those games, so its not like you are winning constantly by 5 or 6 say and destroying the lower division player? If so thats good at least. However is that the case for a lot of relegators do you think? Maybe when someone plays you they dont even notice you are at a much higher level, maybe, and just maybe it therefore doesnt ruin it for them. However a lot of relegators will stomp all over the lower division players. I remember all too well from Fifa19 when I was new to it and playing at a much lower level it was quite frequent I'd have games against players clearly way way way above that level and they would destroy me. Believe me it made for a horrible gaming experience. The lag/connection issues does enough of that for all of us without players relegating!!!
  • Orison wrote: »

Why so? maybe hes not as sad as you. U just look at every thread to see if there is a chance u can tell someone your in div1 and your amazing

Well atleast I am in div 1 ;) Can't say the same about relegators amirite

Friendlies are mainly golden goal and rivals is often times pointless to play especially with the 30 game limit. So this is the year in which you could just take rivals as some chilled training to become better and more consistent. Instead you still self-relegate to then still play golden goal. Utterly pointless.
  • Gazmac_868

2 Get better
    3 Or play something else

Feel free to elaborate

Strong effort at a character assessment there with your 3 lines of whining.

Do you think I do charitable work?
    What are my political views?
    How do I feel about the distribution of wealth?
    Do I support family and friends in difficult times?
    Have I donated blood ?
    Am I aggressive natures?
    How do I react to negative news?

You know all the answers right because I demote in rivals and called you a gammon because you can’t see other people’s views even slightly?

If your selfish enough to ruin other gamers experience to limit your precious time I would doubt you waste any of your precious time on charitable causes but listen fair play if you do And again no need to resort to childish insults.
  • Downthewing85
    898 posts Professional
    sneaky77 wrote: »

And what is the solution when the whole playerbase is in div 10 with nowhere else to self relegateto?

They wont be most drop 3 or 4 divisions
  • Downthewing85
    898 posts Professional

Friendlies are mainly golden goal and rivals is often times pointless to play especially with the 30 game limit. So this is the year in which you could just take rivals as some chilled training to become better and more consistent. Instead you still self-relegate to then still play golden goal. Utterly pointless.

Sorry what division you in again ?
  • Orison
    69205 posts Icon
    edited January 2021

Sorry what division you in again ?

Well I would need about 30 straight losses to relegate down one divison ;)