Anonymous poll: have you ever purposefully relegated in DR for Friendlies?

RayS
35782 posts World Cup Winner

Anonymous poll: have you ever purposefully relegated in DR for Friendlies? 347 votes

Yes
17% 61 votes
No
82% 286 votes

Comments

• HocTocHai
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    IMO this is just dumb. Match making is very broad in friendlies so even if you relegate you can still play the same opponents. Maybe 2 out of 10 games will be easier but what's the point.

I don't doubt there are ppl self relegating. But also when you think opponent is too good for you, he probably didn't relegate. It's just the match making
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero
    HocTocHai wrote: »
    IMO this is just dumb. Match making is very broad in friendlies so even if you relegate you can still play the same opponents. Maybe 2 out of 10 games will be easier but what's the point.

I don't doubt there are ppl self relegating. But also when you think opponent is too good for you, he probably didn't relegate. It's just the match making

Is there any evidence to support the matchmaking?

I notice a substantial difference in friendlies when in Div 1 versus Div 4/5
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t get it..
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Not on purpose. Never
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Been in div 1 all year. But I do skip quite a few objectives so it’s not a big deal for me.
  • Izzy2K17
    13651 posts Has That Special Something
    Does going on losing streaks count 😂
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will never get the truth on here! Even if it’s anonymous. More people have relegated than not on this game, no doubt.
  • Acpalerjax
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nope.. i prefer having those ultimate packs as rewards B)
  • BALDUIN
    468 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2021
    Yes i was in div 1 no thank you, no time otherwise
  • RSL183
    1018 posts Professional
    Sweat for objectives that will never be in your end game team? No thanks
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    Nope, I'm too good for Div 5, but I'm not good enough for 4 so I'll either get hammered or batter someone stupid

No in-between
  • RayS
    35782 posts World Cup Winner
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    Nope, I'm too good for Div 5, but I'm not good enough for 4 so I'll either get hammered or batter someone stupid

No in-between

Exactly what happens with me tbh. Seems every time I get promoted to D4, the very next game I get smashed and sent back down.
  • Gnomenclature
    8038 posts League Winner
    Only when the cascade effect makes it impossible to win. Like first week of swaps... Never relegate to vet easy games, just fair ones.
  • Gnomenclature
    8038 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »
    TwoZebras wrote: »

No in-between

Exactly what happens with me tbh. Seems every time I get promoted to D4, the very next game I get smashed and sent back down.

The difference in competition between 1100 and 1200 skill is uncanny. I'm always hovering between 1050 and 1200. Once I'm at that cusp I just get handled.
  • grogans_heroes
    2489 posts Fans' Favourite
    Confessions of a div 7 player who naturally relegated to div 8...thank you very much
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    No chance.

Don't want to ruin the game for others, like some do for me.
  • ozcs_69
    4691 posts Big Money Move
    got relegated trying to do some objectives and couldn't go back up again
  • NucksNation
    4363 posts National Call-Up
    I’m usually rank 1 in div 4.. cracking div3.. so people that don’t have their god squads to beat me in objectives, I finish it mostly in one sitting when it’s even playing field
  • BogusTommy
    2109 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not for friendlies, but last year during TOTS I once relegated to get some easy games. But I felt ashamed and dirty until I was back where I belonged.

For friendlies there is not a big issue meeting relegators. If you meet someone way better than you, just quit and start a new game. Rivals is different, as there is a limited number of counting games. Getting the points for losses might be the thing that gets you one better ranking, pushing you to finish games you know you will loose.

I really think EA needs to implement a way that makes self-relegation less desirable, because it makes Rivals demotivating to play for many players. Maybe there should be a poll about that ? "Do you want EA to implement a way to stop self-relegation ?"
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    No, I'm where I belong, in the 3rd div.
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nah, I like the challenge each match
  • KSYM72
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did on fifa 20 but not so far this year....wanted to stack the ultimate packs for TOTY but with that out of the way I may drop to 4 for the next icon swaps.
  • MarchOrDie
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im a div 4 player, but relegating myself to 5 made it so much easier..
  • ContraCode64
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    Nah. Opponent variety seems ok as it is.

More of an issue for me how many people chicken out and quit at 0-0 once they realise they can't steamroller me within the first 10 mins.
  • iggypop
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    I once won 1 in 5 games in my correct division

So to get 15 wins that would be 75 games

I got relegated and did in bout 20 games
  • Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    22 YES and 110 NO.

Seemingly it isn't as much of an issue as you lot like to winge about after all... :D