THE FIFA CONFESSIONAL - Confess and repent

YouKnowMe
670 posts An Exciting Prospect
I will start....

Confession 1 - I use Varane and Mendy. I have done since they were affordable. I enjoy playing with them as they are so good and It is unlikely they will leave my team any time soon. If you can't beat them join them even though I can easily afford to upgrade. I am part of the problem.

Confession 2 - I do sometimes deliberately hold the ball in the corner over and over winning corner after corner to make the game extra long when I have finally beaten a really sweaty opponent. Think my record was like 8 mins overtime.

Lets keep it light hearted chaps I am only here for a laugh!

Comments

• Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm a sweaty merchant. If the opportunity should arise, then you better believe I will square the ball for an open goal
  • RileyD
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    Confession 1: I like to celebrate if someone is either extremely sweaty, has a META sheep team or celebrates first. Neighbourhood is a personal favourite.

Confession 2: If someone is playing a ridiculous constant pressure style then I'll sometimes pause the game randomly for 40 seconds just to have a break!

Confession 3: I used to (not currently) add all the ridiculous stuff to my stadium like birthday cakes, silly tifos, coloured balls etc. It wasn't to get any kind of advantage, it was because I found it funny and also I can only imagine how annoying it would be to a sweaty, META, celebrator to see a Sloth campfire tifo after I score.
  • RileyD
    Aspas10 wrote: »
    I'm a sweaty merchant. If the opportunity should arise, then you better believe I will square the ball for an open goal

I wouldn't call that sweaty, that's common sense!

If you were constantly spamming skills at the byline and squaring it over and over again, then that's sweaty!
  • P1stolpete187
    6535 posts Big Money Move
    Aspas10 wrote: »

Nothing sweaty about that
  • YouKnowMe
    RileyD wrote: »
    Confession 1: I like to celebrate if someone is either extremely sweaty, has a META sheep team or celebrates first. Neighbourhood is a personal favourite.

Confession 2: If someone is playing a ridiculous constant pressure style then I'll sometimes pause the game randomly for 40 seconds just to have a break!

Confession 3: I used to (not currently) add all the ridiculous stuff to my stadium like birthday cakes, silly tifos, coloured balls etc. It wasn't to get any kind of advantage, it was because I found it funny and also I can only imagine how annoying it would be to a sweaty, META, celebrator to see a Sloth campfire tifo after I score.

Confession 3 is annoying me already through my laptop screen! Love it!
  • RileyD
    YouKnowMe wrote: »
    RileyD wrote: »

Confession 3 is annoying me already through my laptop screen! Love it!

I have to be honest haha
  • Mill1
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is a quality thread @YouKnowMe haha

Confession 1 if someone is spamming skill moves or has an absolute god squad and I win ill message afterwards saying something like "them skill moves worked well for you" or "maybe buy some more fifa points that'll help"

Confession 2 I know full well I'd play better with meta players but I can't add any into my team because I've moaned so much about them.
  • YouKnowMe
    Mill1 wrote: »
    This is a quality thread @YouKnowMe haha

Confession 1 if someone is spamming skill moves or has an absolute god squad and I win ill message afterwards saying something like "them skill moves worked well for you" or "maybe buy some more fifa points that'll help"

Confession 2 I know full well I'd play better with meta players but I can't add any into my team because I've moaned so much about them.

Mate! Confession 2 rings so true. I've spent months in the lads chat complaining about rashford so much that I wouldn't dare use him now even though I have wanted to so many times!
  • YouKnowMe
    CONFESSION 3: I used to be a terrible trader. Like lost thousands of coins on investments. In FIFA 12 there was a IF Silver brazilian called Guly. We are in the height of brasilver craze so I brought 20. Lost around 25k on each one. Worst thing is I am still terrible now. Will openly admit that my investments are sheer fluke when they rise.
  • Kennyy
    10656 posts Has That Special Something
    When I’m losing in WL I sub Headliners Lozano onto the side against my opponents slowest full back.

Then proceed to sprint down the line and cut back until I’m back on the game.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Confession 1. My knuckles are bruised from punching my desk often playing this damned forsaken game.
  • GULAG
    1004 posts Professional
    If my opponent is a sweaty tryhard that abuses trashy tactics and moves constantly and clearly needs to win at any cost I somtimes send a message after the game and rub salt into the wound by saying annoying things ... if you guys could listen to some of the voice messages I have you would be in tears with laughter, I know it's childish and what not but I do it because I know what type of person I played and beat and what it means to them.
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    I'm playing 99 pace Lozano at striker at 7 chem and not ashamed
  • Kennyy
    10656 posts Has That Special Something
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    I'm playing 99 pace Lozano at striker at 7 chem and not ashamed

I condone this
  • djnition
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im a pace merchant i will sprint at you in everyway for 90 mins
  • ImAtrocious
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    Confession 1 - I've suddenly become message the opponent guy, and I can't stop. I never used to do messages, but for instance, if someone quits on me, I'll just write and nicely ask why they bothered. Or if someone celebrates every goal when destroying me, I'll write something nice like, "You're a really good player and absolutely destroyed me, well done. It may have been nice if you thought about a few less celebrations though."

Confession 2 - I made this my year to spend money on the game. I'd never done it before, and thought I'd give it a try to see where I ended up. I know that's frowned upon in these parts, but at least I don't do it AND complain about the game.
  • YouKnowMe
    Confession 1 - I've suddenly become message the opponent guy, and I can't stop. I never used to do messages, but for instance, if someone quits on me, I'll just write and nicely ask why they bothered. Or if someone celebrates every goal when destroying me, I'll write something nice like, "You're a really good player and absolutely destroyed me, well done. It may have been nice if you thought about a few less celebrations though."

Confession 2 - I made this my year to spend money on the game. I'd never done it before, and thought I'd give it a try to see where I ended up. I know that's frowned upon in these parts, but at least I don't do it AND complain about the game.

Spending money isn't a sin but I know what you mean! Either way...

I absolve thee from thy sins in the name of the David Luiz and of the Heung-min Son and of the Holy Stepovers.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Confession 3: Some annoying guy I beat in WL messaged me and asked me what my tactics were so I gave him the wrong tactics, he messaged me back and said he lost 4 in a row.

this is brutal 😆😆
  • Mill1
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PhilT1808 wrote: »
    Confession 1: I once had to go and look for a controller in a neighbour’s garden.

Favourite confession so far. Fair play mate, hope you got it back hahaha
  • Gnomenclature
    8220 posts League Winner
    Back in fifa 19 I tossed my controller in a fit of rage... It hit the tv, bounces off, and knocked over a beautiful flower vase full of water....

Yeah, I was out a tv, controller, and my girlfriends vase that her mother gave her. Shame was real that day lol.
  • JGDC74
    1440 posts Professional
    Confession 1: I regularly quit at 1-1 in friendlies.
    Confession 2: I use a lag switch to disconnect quickly (usually when the ball is pixels away from my goal) in Friendlies and FUT Champs.
    Confession 3: I’m still playing World Beaters with 91 Suarez in my team.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Brilliant thread. Not really a confession but I beat a German guy at the weekend and he sent me a message in German and had to google translate. He was calling me a sweat but had the most meta team I’ve ever seen
  • graff26lfc
    955 posts Professional
    edited January 2021
    Confession 1.i quit a game if I give a penalty at 0 0

Confession 2.i have 4 great teams and it's not enough

Confession 3 I rage at squad battles..

I feel better
  • graff26lfc
    955 posts Professional
    Also great thread
  • Ballerson
    1553 posts Play-Off Hero
    Con 1: I used Mpabbe loan in first round of Managerial Masterpiece

Con 2: My wife & family hate EA and don’t understand why a grown man becomes a total rage machine split personality playing this mess & forsaken game

Con 3: I have initiated lawsuits vs EA (just joking)

Con 4: just in case Orison hasn’t told us, he’s very good at this game.
  • Wayno69
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    In WL, If i'm up against a super tryhard I sometimes hold the ball in the corner from the 75th min