AI players doing nothing on defense

JayD
23 posts Last Pick at the Park
@EA_Roger Why are there constantly players just standing around doing absolutely nothing to help the defense? There has been zero change since the game released. Link below to a video I took with 4 players not moving a step.

Comments

• Der Tooldoktor
    222 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2021
    JayD wrote: »
    @EA_Roger Why are there constantly players just standing around doing absolutely nothing to help the defense? There has been zero change since the game released. Link below to a video I took with 4 players not moving a step.

That is EA's way of trying to stop AI defending, just stopping the AI's from doing anything, apart from running out of position every now and then...

Try playing any on Pro Clubs, people just wingbash, wingbash and wingbash and as an any you'll have to mark the runner down the wing, the runner down the centre and the runner backpost at the same time... That is if there is a full back anywhere near the winger he's supposed to be marking...

Just played a full season, conceded 38 goals from which 35 came from Y or LB+Y down the wing and instant cross towards backpost. It's literally undefendable with the +-75 paced default defenders. Cbs are continuously being dragged out wide to cover the wingers, because the fbs are non-existant and are often found in the position of the cms.
    Post edited by Der Tooldoktor on
  • frankibo
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can't believe this is still a problem in the game, it's been 4 months since release.

I don't expect the midfield to tackle for me, I get they want defending to be more manual, but they could at least track back and be near opposition attackers.

Not standing 30 yards from goal in a line doing nothing as opposition players run past them and overload your poor defence.
  • Wi1son73
    3943 posts National Call-Up
    But flip the coin, your opponents defence are jumping over each other to stop/block shots..
  • RobRokk
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yea its worse than 20, looks funny too so unrealistic but makes you mad, I just stop caring about stuff one cant do anything about, try to adopt different tactics instead, works sometimes...
  • Nktori
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    My initial thoughts were, the AI defense is not meant to do stuff for you, but at the same time that looks quite bad.

The attacking AI has been nerfed over the years to be so damp, and it seems the counterbalance is to make the AI defensive movement worse than the stack better.

Alternatively the game doesn't work properly any more.. I'm pretty sure at the start of the game I noticed iced the movement was a bit more lively.
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    There needs to be a ‘track back into own box’
    Or ‘track attacking players’ within the player instructions.

I switch them and bring them back myself but that means you’re relying on the AI defenders not to do anything stupid like run out of the way- a common occurrence.

The game is a shambles, EA know it, they just don’t care because people buy it anyway. They could literally release fifa 21 next year, call it fifa 22 with a new soundtrack and still get as many sales as this year.