Update

ForestGrump70
1104 posts Professional
New update out, notes all look pretty positive nice one EA.

Main point to note is that I will never have to play football with a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ cushion, donut, Christmas pud, light bulb, dog ❤️❤️❤️❤️ or any other stupid idea that they come up with.

Comments

• StMaxi
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah all looks decent from the patch notes, but the servers are also down haha. Typical EA can’t fix something without breaking something else 😂
  • Diddymow
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    Is it finally out? So tired of quitting friendlies instantly because some douche decides to use a stupid ball I can barely see.
  • ForestGrump70
    1104 posts Professional
    Servers are fine for me (PS4)
  • ForestGrump70
    1104 posts Professional
    Diddymow wrote: »
    Is it finally out? So tired of quitting friendlies instantly because some douche decides to use a stupid ball I can barely see.

Yep 👍😁
  • rezyy
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    What gen ?
  • StMaxi
    Diddymow wrote: »

Yeah, made some changes to chained skill moves etc by the looks of it also. All pretty good changes by the looks of it.
  • StMaxi
    Servers are fine for me (PS4)

Can’t connect to the Xbox one servers.. only me with this issue or anyone else?
  • METH
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lets see what it breaks
  • rezyy
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    I couldn’t get on either, on now after restarting router, now downloading update on Series x, hopefully up to date patch
  • StMaxi
    rezyy wrote: »
    I couldn’t get on either, on now after restarting router, now downloading update on Series x, hopefully up to date patch

I think next Gen is behind by one patch mate.
  • NeverTooLate
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    The is one of the most positive patch EA done for Majority of us! I need to say MAJORITY & u know what that means!!
  • rezyy
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    StMaxi wrote: »

No, I just read next gen is getting same update 😊
  • StMaxi

No, I just read next gen is getting same update 😊

Fair play to EA if that’s the case, about time they upgraded next gen alongside old gen really.
  • StMaxi
    The is one of the most positive patch EA done for Majority of us! I need to say MAJORITY & u know what that means!!

Main thing I’m really hoping they’ve actually changed majorly is the refereeing decisions when clean through on goal etc. Lost count how many times I’ve been wiped out from behind when 1 on 1 and the oppo player gets a yellow.
  • Well, at least Headliner card background is missing. Also messed up my kits. Played a couple of matches, stepovers were pretty slow, but probably still effective at some cases.
    Also got called a tryhard for winning :smiley:
  • IronMike69
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    After playing 2 games step overs are still effective inside the box, you just need to initiate the step overs a little earlier. Can definitely notice the slower exit too.

Shot cancelling is a bit inconsistent inside the box too, sometimes the defender will attempt the block but its much less than pre patch.
  • Springveldt
    6252 posts Big Money Move
    Well, at least Headliner card background is missing. Also messed up my kits. Played a couple of matches, stepovers were pretty slow, but probably still effective at some cases.
    Also got called a tryhard for winning :smiley:
    Yep anyone who has the temerity to try and win a game is either sweaty or a tryhard. Anyone that puts the controller down is toxic, anyone that gets skelped is a "noob".

It's like the old George Carlin quote about driving "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
  • Those balls will be dead now no one will use them. The only reason people used them was to troll others.
  • NeverTooLate
    324 posts Sunday League Hero

Main thing I’m really hoping they’ve actually changed majorly is the refereeing decisions when clean through on goal etc. Lost count how many times I’ve been wiped out from behind when 1 on 1 and the oppo player gets a yellow.

I think the patch note did mention about same changes about referee decision outside and inside the box and also when break away!🤞
  • TDOF
    8686 posts League Winner
    Played 1 game.

This is just getting closer and closer to fifa 20 again. Only way to get around park the bus now is the bridge, people keep wanting "OP" things to get nerfed but they leave the defence the exact same.

At least finishing is decent so when you get into a shooting position you'll score most of the time.... That's the only positive thing from fifa 20.
  • I'm pissed off they took out the defender animation for super cancel fake shot. Just helps assist those park the bus players even more
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm pissed off they took out the defender animation for super cancel fake shot. Just helps assist those park the bus players even more

Ffs did they removed this :open_mouth:
    Was finally a "fake" shot that actually worked like a fake shot.
  • TDOF wrote: »
    Played 1 game.

This is just getting closer and closer to fifa 20 again. Only way to get around park the bus now is the bridge, people keep wanting "OP" things to get nerfed but they leave the defence the exact same.

At least finishing is decent so when you get into a shooting position you'll score most of the time.... That's the only positive thing from fifa 20.

Holding possession turning left to right until you can get through with a (ballroll) scoop turn or there is enough chaos in the backline so that one of your strikers is open. You hate to see it.

Atleast I'm over 2300 skillrating now, ended yesterday on 2299 :D
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    I think im done with online play. Im just going to SB and menus if I can.
  • IxToMxI
    7761 posts League Winner
    I wish they bought back Fifa finesse, if people are going to PTB at least allow 30 yard top bin finesse shots
  • Doub13emTee
    488 posts Sunday League Hero
    Here we go again... So I played 3 matches with this new update. Positive - did not lose a game. Negative - did not win a game. Played guys who were 236, 204 and 165 points ABOVE my skill raiting (which is around 1430ish)? I can take one game like that but 3 in a row?
    Gameplay looks like bambi on ice. Defenders are giving endless rebounds on both ends.
  • Sausagegman1
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Here we go again... So I played 3 matches with this new update. Positive - did not lose a game. Negative - did not win a game. Played guys who were 236, 204 and 165 points ABOVE my skill raiting (which is around 1430ish)? I can take one game like that but 3 in a row?
    Gameplay looks like bambi on ice. Defenders are giving endless rebounds on both ends.

Agree mate! The patch has made it worse. Penalties are worse for hardly touching a player. Conceded a rebound goal every game since, defensive AI for interceptions where the ball rolls past your players feet is still the same. So zero improvement just tired lagging matches with ridiculous matchmaking.
  • IxToMxI wrote: »
    I wish they bought back Fifa finesse, if people are going to PTB at least allow 30 yard top bin finesse shots

Thats been there all year. I regularly score finesse from 30 yards. I think long shots have a bit more venom in them after this patch too