Fernando Torres SBC complete! Advice on best way to utilise him.

1
WelshXavi
1199 posts Professional
First off, don't want any god damn negativity like "put him in an SBC, he's crap". Torres is one of my favourite players ever so very glad to complete him!

Anyone using him have advice on how to get best of him. Instructions and formations welcome!

Comments

  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get in behind, stay forward instructions. Used his loan card and thus seemed best for me, got him to get into a yard of space space I needed him to and he generally scored from there
  • HyperOCD
    1917 posts Fans' Favourite
    Too bad its not the prime
    Would love to complete it also

    Waiting for eto sbc :D
  • SJR440
    9079 posts League Winner
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    First off, don't want any god damn negativity like "put him in an SBC, he's crap". Torres is one of my favourite players ever so very glad to complete him!

    Anyone using him have advice on how to get best of him. Instructions and formations welcome!

    Believe it or not, I've been using his Base as a Target Man and been having A LOT of success - just reached 150 goals with him earlier.

    Use a Hawk or Sniper to improve his heading and jumping and he becomes an elite level Target Man to cross to and make chances of his own with, trust me!
  • Mic2904
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    First off, don't want any god damn negativity like "put him in an SBC, he's crap". Torres is one of my favourite players ever so very glad to complete him!

    Anyone using him have advice on how to get best of him. Instructions and formations welcome!

    Not trying to be negative, but is this not something you would think about before you complete an SBC worth almost 1m coins?

    As others said: Get in behind and stay forward. Slap a Hunter on and enjoy. I prefer 2 strikers upfront so maybe get another one that complements his skills.
  • SIOUXKING
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    really strong to deal with, not buying packages I will never be able to get it, I'm happy with Henry 90.
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    First off, don't want any god damn negativity like "put him in an SBC, he's crap". Torres is one of my favourite players ever so very glad to complete him!

    Anyone using him have advice on how to get best of him. Instructions and formations welcome!

    Not trying to be negative, but is this not something you would think about before you complete an SBC worth almost 1m coins?

    As others said: Get in behind and stay forward. Slap a Hunter on and enjoy. I prefer 2 strikers upfront so maybe get another one that complements his skills.

    Fair. Reasoning is, I love Torres and my team was going to always fit around him rather than the other way around. Also, my team isnt amazing so I was happy to work around him.

    Sounds like a good plan!
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    SJR440 wrote: »
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    First off, don't want any god damn negativity like "put him in an SBC, he's crap". Torres is one of my favourite players ever so very glad to complete him!

    Anyone using him have advice on how to get best of him. Instructions and formations welcome!

    Believe it or not, I've been using his Base as a Target Man and been having A LOT of success - just reached 150 goals with him earlier.

    Use a Hawk or Sniper to improve his heading and jumping and he becomes an elite level Target Man to cross to and make chances of his own with, trust me!

    Oh I like the target man idea. He is a big precense in game!
  • john_d_efc
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    Is there a reason you did the SBC and not just buy him outright? I presume you bad loads of untradeables?
  • SJR440
    9079 posts League Winner
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    SJR440 wrote: »
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    First off, don't want any god damn negativity like "put him in an SBC, he's crap". Torres is one of my favourite players ever so very glad to complete him!

    Anyone using him have advice on how to get best of him. Instructions and formations welcome!

    Believe it or not, I've been using his Base as a Target Man and been having A LOT of success - just reached 150 goals with him earlier.

    Use a Hawk or Sniper to improve his heading and jumping and he becomes an elite level Target Man to cross to and make chances of his own with, trust me!

    Oh I like the target man idea. He is a big precense in game!

    I've been using him in a 3-4-2-1, it's a little crazy in terms of setting up but it's been a bundle of fun and Torres has been a proper handful for defenders.

    Check out the Target Man Lounge when you get chance, we'll all be happy to help you get most out of Torres as a Target Man in there :smile:
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    Is there a reason you did the SBC and not just buy him outright? I presume you bad loads of untradeables?

    Yeah I've never had more than 100k in coins. I like doing upgrade packs etc and I would never be able to save up that many coins.
    I like grinding packs too. Did 6 80+ player picks today and got Casemiro, Hazard, and 3 85 rated players. Very lucky but means I usually complete sbcs for for less than their market value. I think I put a total of 160k coins into the sbc and not a huge amount more spent in upgrade packs etc.
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    SJR440 wrote: »
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    SJR440 wrote: »
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    First off, don't want any god damn negativity like "put him in an SBC, he's crap". Torres is one of my favourite players ever so very glad to complete him!

    Anyone using him have advice on how to get best of him. Instructions and formations welcome!

    Believe it or not, I've been using his Base as a Target Man and been having A LOT of success - just reached 150 goals with him earlier.

    Use a Hawk or Sniper to improve his heading and jumping and he becomes an elite level Target Man to cross to and make chances of his own with, trust me!

    Oh I like the target man idea. He is a big precense in game!

    I've been using him in a 3-4-2-1, it's a little crazy in terms of setting up but it's been a bundle of fun and Torres has been a proper handful for defenders.

    Check out the Target Man Lounge when you get chance, we'll all be happy to help you get most out of Torres as a Target Man in there :smile:

    Thanks! I've struggled with heading this year so some advice would be very welcome!
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    I use him on completely balanced with Finisher.
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He’s class
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    He's my favorite player of all-time behind Totti and so I had to do the SBC too.

    I've tried him in a two-striker formation with base Drogba (untradeable) but I prefer him as a lone striker.

    What's your team looking like?
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    He's my favorite player of all-time behind Totti and so I had to do the SBC too.

    I've tried him in a two-striker formation with base Drogba (untradeable) but I prefer him as a lone striker.

    What's your team looking like?

    Started at Christmas so it's not great but like this! Any advice welcome! Screenshot-20210114-194528.jpg
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2021
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    He's my favorite player of all-time behind Totti and so I had to do the SBC too.

    I've tried him in a two-striker formation with base Drogba (untradeable) but I prefer him as a lone striker.

    What's your team looking like?

    Started at Christmas so it's not great but like this! Any advice welcome! Screenshot-20210114-194528.jpg

    Try him as a lone striker in a 4-3-3(3 or 4) with Ballack as center cam/cm with attack set to long ball. I've found a midfield with high passing (short and long) has been helpful. I've also scored a lot of volleys and headers with Torres surprisingly and suggest working towards wingers with high crossing.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    My loan Torres.
    File-photo-dated-01-09-2007-of-Liverpool-s-Fernando-Torres.jpg

    My 900k sbc Torres

    hi-res-b034a1a9aeadb823ef32b179017dd387-crop-north.jpg

    So you’re saying that your loan Torres never won a trophy but your SBC Torres is going to win the Champions League?
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    My line up:

    970-D75-D9-A478-4528-AF13-C8467-BC350-DD.jpg
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    I don't know he catches a lot of crosses for me.

    giphy.gif
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    JustusX wrote: »
    My line up:

    970-D75-D9-A478-4528-AF13-C8467-BC350-DD.jpg

    Very nice!
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    I don't know he catches a lot of crosses for me.

    giphy.gif

    How do you add/share vids?

  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    JustusX wrote: »
    I don't know he catches a lot of crosses for me.

    giphy.gif

    How do you add/share vids?

    I made a gif out of my video on GIPHY.com since you can only embed images here. Or upload to YouTube, I think you can add YouTube videos?
  • xCDHx
    1439 posts Play-Off Hero
    He is best on the bench
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    xCDHx wrote: »
    He is best on the bench

    source.gif
  • swfcfan89
    1364 posts Professional
    I don't know he catches a lot of crosses for me.

    giphy.gif

    Glorious. Wish I knew earlier that he had the hair and I wouldn't have blown all my coins and fodder on icon packs.

    tenor.gif?itemid=5616557
  • swfcfan89
    1364 posts Professional
    xCDHx wrote: »
    He is best on the bench

    5287e5892391364a928cd3b0d935f624.gif
  • JT_cfc
    963 posts Professional
    Hunter, get in behind, stay forward. Avoid dribbling too much with him, let him make the run and finish.
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    JustusX wrote: »
    My line up:

    970-D75-D9-A478-4528-AF13-C8467-BC350-DD.jpg

    Very nice indeed!
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    xCDHx wrote: »
    He is best on the bench

    5287e5892391364a928cd3b0d935f624.gif

    😂😂Love a good father ted gif!
Sign In or Register to comment.