How to get the best out of Baby Zidane?

A5B
3723 posts National Call-Up
Lucky enough to get him in the icon pick, and have played a few games with him already. He just seems a bit underwhelming. There must be a reason why his price is so high though!

Comments

• YidArmy
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    His price is so high because his name is Zinedine Zidane, he's an Icon, has 5 star skills and 4 star weak foot.

Obviously he does have very good stats, but he is handicapped somewhat by his Body Type being 'High & Average.' Good players with this body type are mostly all Centre Backs or CDM's. Eric Cantona has the same body type and you hear alot people saying he feels 'clunky.' They basically just can't turn, dribble and sprint as fast as other body types.

If you gave Zidane a Lean body type (although he's too tall to have that one) or Unique (custom built for him like alot of high cards have) then he would feel much better on the ball.

As an example, Kaka last year also had the High & Average body type and he was quite stiff on the ball. I've just bought his Prime version this year because I noticed his has changed to Unique. The guy is transformed. He can now twist and turn like Kaka should, despite being tall. He's a joy to play with now.
  • Karim-Denz
    976 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »
    His price is so high because his name is Zinedine Zidane, he's an Icon, has 5 star skills and 4 star weak foot.

Obviously he does have very good stats, but he is handicapped somewhat by his Body Type being 'High & Average.' Good players with this body type are mostly all Centre Backs or CDM's. Eric Cantona has the same body type and you hear alot people saying he feels 'clunky.' They basically just can't turn, dribble and sprint as fast as other body types.

If you gave Zidane a Lean body type (although he's too tall to have that one) or Unique (custom built for him like alot of high cards have) then he would feel much better on the ball.

As an example, Kaka last year also had the High & Average body type and he was quite stiff on the ball. I've just bought his Prime version this year because I noticed his has changed to Unique. The guy is transformed. He can now twist and turn like Kaka should, despite being tall. He's a joy to play with now.

Zidane is 2*5*

He is the best ZM in 442
  • YidArmy
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    Karim-Denz wrote: »

Zidane is 2*5*

He is the best ZM in 442

Oh, sorry, even more reason for the high price.
  • A5B

The body type is the main issue for me. The stats are there, but he doesn’t feel like any of them! It sucks because I’d like to use him, I just don’t think it’s worth changing my team around to accommodate a player like him.

• kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    A5B wrote: »

The body type is the main issue for me. The stats are there, but he doesn’t feel like any of them! It sucks because I’d like to use him, I just don’t think it’s worth changing my team around to accommodate a player like him.

Where do you play him?
  • fussydutchman
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2021
    Lucky enough to get him in the icon pick, and have played a few games with him already. He just seems a bit underwhelming. There must be a reason why his price is so high though!

Where are you playing him? I used him for a bit and found that he's best at either CAM or ST. His stamina is 88 but seems to run down quickly and he's not that good defensively, so using him at CM or CDM isn't the best.

His best skill is his passing and you can take advantage of that at CAM or as a second ST in a 442 (or another two striker formation). He plays amazing through balls, so set your fastest striker on Get in Behind and play quick through balls to him with Zidane.

He also has good finesse shots from outside the box, so look to get him into position for those.
  • A5B
    kraid wrote: »

Where do you play him?
    So far I’ve tried CM and CAM in 41212 (2) and most recently RST in 442 with false 9 settings where he’s admittedly performed the best.

It’s just not better than other options I’ve used that would enable me to not change half my team around

• A5B

Where are you playing him? I used him for a bit and found that he's best at either CAM or ST. His stamina is 88 but seems to run down quickly and he's not that good defensively, so using him at CM or CDM isn't the best.

His best skill is his passing and you can take advantage of that at CAM or as a second ST in a 442 (or another two striker formation). He plays amazing through balls, so set your fastest striker on Get in Behind and play quick through balls to him with Zidane.

He also has good finesse shots from outside the box, so look to get him into position for those.
    Thanks for the tips, I’ll try that out. Got prime Puskas next to him up top currently so I’ll give them a run out with those instructions!
  • A5B
    UPDATE: Might actually quicksell him
  • Thefranchise92
    6646 posts Big Money Move
    Play him cm with shadow, best thing for him.
  • Nenad_Fakerica
    74 posts Park Captain
    Sell him... 😉
  • Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    Yeah his body man he feels like a tank, in a bad way, I honestly dont rate him either.
  • The_giant616
    1631 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2021
    Never struggled in any game against him, so far. Just like many other good players irl, FIFA don’t know how to make a good player who isn’t fast. Speed is the only metric that really matters.

Maybe if they made it so players couldn’t tackle from behind, with impunity, that might help? 🤔