Flashback robben

Krisp1977
362 posts Sunday League Hero
I pulled mid van basten in my icon swap pack. Would I be daft not to do him to make the most of him. I’ve never used robben in any of the other FIFA’s as bundes just don’t appeal to me

Comments

• Kennyy
    9321 posts League Winner
    Get Robben and Klaiber done asap
  • GTaylor
    1071 posts Professional
    I completed Klaiber yesterday like most sane people but the question now is, do I link him with Van Bergen or Robben.
  • A_Snipe
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    Get all the Dutch league challenge players. Bergen baumgarten and gravenberch
  • Acpalerjax
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    GTaylor wrote: »
    I completed Klaiber yesterday like most sane people but the question now is, do I link him with Van Bergen or Robben.
    Robben all the way!
  • GTaylor
    1071 posts Professional
    Acpalerjax wrote: »
    Robben all the way!

3 games away from Van Bergen after 12 wins in a row tonight. Have the fodder sat waiting for Robben but just debating whether Van Bergen is decent enough to save the fodder.
  • Craftydevil
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    Robben all the way!

3 games away from Van Bergen after 12 wins in a row tonight. Have the fodder sat waiting for Robben but just debating whether Van Bergen is decent enough to save the fodder.

Van Bergen is better but I use robben because I used to love watching him.
  • Damon
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Robben all the way!

MVB is so insane for me, thats why im not going to do Robben.
  • GTaylor
    1071 posts Professional
    2x Van Bergen votes. I'll give him a whirl tomorrow and then decide if he needs upgrading.
  • All4fun1991
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you missed out on Robben you will regret it. What a player. It turns out that I just needed to link him with klaiber, Wijnaldum in midfield and Malen at ST. Van Bergen turned to RF and comes on as super sub.
  • barryw
    2453 posts National Call-Up
    I'd say Bergen better ST and Robben better out wide
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    Robben is a good card but really he’s only worth doing for sentimental value as Van Bergen is a perfectly good Dutch RM/RW, and you don’t have to pay for him.

• All4fun1991
    edited January 2021
    Van Bergen got pace and he scored a lot of headers for me but using Robben’s card made me remember the good old days, I like cutting inside with him to take finesse shots... He’s also really strong and hardly gets knocked off the ball.
  • Gstitt10
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played against robben about 5 times last night, 0 goals. So predictable. You just know people are wanting to go on the left foot. I was gonna do him myself but he didn't impress me
  • Jdizzle
    2869 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2021
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    Played against robben about 5 times last night, 0 goals. So predictable. You just know people are wanting to go on the left foot. I was gonna do him myself but he didn't impress me

He's not that good tbh, there's something off about his card. Hasn't got that top tier acceleration/agility, which is crazy because he had that irl.
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    Just do them all!! This team is so fun to use, jheeze!! Just need me another decent CB and a Promes upgrade and voila, done.

ca02282127219b41ac489ddd08c59e61.jpg
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    Just do them all!! This team is so fun to use, jheeze!! Just need me another decent CB and a Promes upgrade and voila, done.

I like the team, but don’t you belive in chem styles?
  • AFC_Rotterdam
    404 posts An Exciting Prospect
    0313-AE47-270-A-4465-88-AA-9-B9-D4-B283513.png
  • Maximus AK47
    2861 posts National Call-Up
    Robben is top class. one of the 3 top RWs hands down.

van Bergen is very good as super sub. Fast as a rocket. But he is not clinical as Robben. He misses a lot of easy chances and better used for runs and passes in the final 3rd.

Robben > all day long.

and do Klaiber RB ASAP
  • LiquidLuck77
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Robben is hands down the best right winger ive used this year. His pace is explosive and he is very strong on the ball. The power he puts behind his finesse shots is unreal as well. MVB is a good supersub as a striker imo
  • Torminator
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Robben needs to get used to. At first i WANTED to cut inside and finesse from outside. That just does not work and is predictable. I then started to mix it up more and even going with his weakfoot and moved him more centrally. WOW what a difference. Banging them in for fun now.
  • Maximus AK47
    2861 posts National Call-Up
    Torminator wrote: »
    Robben needs to get used to. At first i WANTED to cut inside and finesse from outside. That just does not work and is predictable. I then started to mix it up more and even going with his weakfoot and moved him more centrally. WOW what a difference. Banging them in for fun now.

All true mate. I recommend putting on him instructions> free roam.

This way he appears in the unexpected positions to finish a goal

Left foot and power finesse is immense. EVen wehn people see its RObben. trying to cover left foot... I use RB/R1 turn right (most opponents buy this fake move), then immediately left and power finesse.... 90% of the time its a crazy goal.
  • Tekkerz
    3742 posts National Call-Up
    Robben n and klaiber are probably the best right sided combo for the price.
  • GTaylor
    1071 posts Professional
    Started the task of unlocking the Eredevisie boys last night and won 12 games in a row, the most fun I've had on Fifa all year. Standard Promes is outstanding for that game mode and Klaiber is certainly one of the best right backs so far, will shuffle round my team to accommodate some of them into my team.
  • DennisLimpens
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I played with the Promes upgrade for a long time. Now I have took the coins and play with his gold. For me the gold plays as good als the upgrade. Not worth all the extra coins.

I also play with Robben on the right and Van Bergen left with prime Kluivert as my new top striker. Not meta but I don’t care
  • All4fun1991
    Jdizzle wrote: »
    Gstitt10 wrote: »

He's not that good tbh, there's something off about his card. Hasn't got that top tier acceleration/agility, which is crazy because he had that irl.

He’s doing absolutely fantastic for me, I had the same feeling at first because I was expecting a typical pace winger just running and shooting.. He’s strong and got a lot of traits... My wingers usually get knocked off the ball but not Robben... He’s the best right winger I’ve used so far...If you learn how to play with him he’s fantastic...
  • Neil_14
    2611 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2021
    Robben has been the most enjoyable player for me this Fifa without a doubt.

He scores so many from crazy angles and from outside the box. His finesse is the best I've used in this game. When he hits the woodwork it seems to always bounce into the goal.

Many have tried to stop him and sometimes they do but he has the ability to power through, weave through, sprint past the very best defenders.

I've muscled the likes of Mendy down the wing with him regularly and despite legs flying in trying to take him down, he skips over them and he unleashes that left foot and still scores those wonder finesse goals that everyone expects.

Disclaimer: I may be slightly biased as a Robben fan, I wear my Netherlands Robben shirt whilst playing, perhaps the power is in the shirt.
  • SanderFC
    3251 posts National Call-Up
    Robben as CAM is outshining+outscoring my striker CR7
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    How is klaiber and robben would use them in a 442 formation is robbens work rate not an issue ??
  • Krisp1977
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve done him! Now what Chen do I use?
    Engine maybe?
  • Dead_Dave
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    Currently have Alessandrini out wide, is Robben an upgrade ? been a handful in WL.