What to do with 17 tokens?

Ben
5467 posts Big Money Move
I’ve completed my 17 tokens, it honestly wasn’t that bad at all. I’m really leaning towards taking koeman and a pack. I could make a cool Dutch team later in the game with robben koeman etc. Then again, the 89+ and mid/prime , or base player pick coi,d give a useful card. I’m not sure I like the idea of a card being selected for me. I wish there were more options for guaranteed players. I would happily take a prime puyol or baby Maldini instead of mid Henry. What are you guys doing?

Comments

• unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    Player pick and post a photo of what you got .
    Go on , you know it makes sense .
    We all want to see what you'll get .
    Base icon player pick .
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am leaning towards packs + 1 of Rijkaard/Koeman but still can not decide which one would fit my setup better, the dilemma is that they both have good reviews and both fit so it is a tough one.
  • FifaProDK
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ultimate 2x and Mid/Prime got Prime Puyol and trash in the packs.
  • Ben
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    Ultimate 2x and Mid/Prime got Prime Puyol and trash in the packs.

Would be happy with that.
  • Ben
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Ben wrote: »
    I’ve completed my 17 tokens, it honestly wasn’t that bad at all. I’m really leaning towards taking koeman and a pack. I could make a cool Dutch team later in the game with robben koeman etc. Then again, the 89+ and mid/prime , or base player pick coi,d give a useful card. I’m not sure I like the idea of a card being selected for me. I wish there were more options for guaranteed players. I would happily take a prime puyol or baby Maldini instead of mid Henry. What are you guys doing?

But that wouldn't help create a culture of gambling in their games so that when youngsters reach the age of 18 and can spend their own money (ideally on Fifa points), gambling and taking chances are normalised to them.

Yes that is accurate. I don’t like the gambling aspect and don’t buy FP. I like the idea of playing the game and working towards a player I want. I don’t like the unknown gambling aspect.
  • freddfranca
    2066 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get a life
  • ImAtrocious
    2865 posts Fans' Favourite
    If it's any help, I really like my Koeman. I'm hoping I can pick up the other 5 swaps to use for packs during TOTY. Getting Koeman led me to buying Desailly, who I think swap as CB/CDM in game. For some reason, being able to move players in game like that is very appealing to me.
  • Ben
    If it's any help, I really like my Koeman. I'm hoping I can pick up the other 5 swaps to use for packs during TOTY. Getting Koeman led me to buying Desailly, who I think swap as CB/CDM in game. For some reason, being able to move players in game like that is very appealing to me.

Cool thanks, how is koeman in midfield? Are his free kicks best in game?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7683 posts League Winner
    Player pick is your best chance of getting something good. The vast majority have one, usually two good choices. Nakata/rio/ADP for me.
  • Burchy
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2021
    Player pick... or if you want a shot at something big from packs then take 85+ 5 pack etc.

Can use players as fodder later down the line.

Personally if I had done that many I’d go for the player pick
  • ImAtrocious
    2865 posts Fans' Favourite

I'm honestly the worst person to ask about free kicks as I've managed to score 1 over the entire life of the game :# But he's a boss in midfield. I won a lot of tackles with him that I feel like previously would have bounced back to the offensive player. He also is really good at starting the attack with a long ball, and has scored some good edge of the box goals from cdm.
  • DaMMian
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    Player pick is your best chance of getting something good. The vast majority have one, usually two good choices. Nakata/rio/ADP for me.
    I think this is the best option.
  • Numlocked_
    2450 posts Fans' Favourite
    I will follow since I will have token 17 later tonight. I am leaning towards Henry tough to use him as a striker
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm leaning towards gambling for the base icon pick.

Was tempted to go Koeman and 83 x 25 pack but Koeman just doesn't excite me.

Would go for Henry but he doesn't seem to play well by the reviews I've seen.
  • Safckje
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    If you have the coins then buy prime koeman. If you like him then take him in the swaps.

I went 2 ultimate, 83x25 and base mid.
  • futaddikt
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Has anybody seen a base player pick that didn't have atleast 1 really good player, most I've seen on yt all have atleast 1 super amazing card.... really tempting...
  • cdbuck26
    3912 posts National Call-Up
    how was the 83x25 pack for those that have done it
  • Mr.Romanista
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    went for a mid/prime pack got prime Pirlo
  • Lepiricus
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm in the same boat. I looked at the baseplayer pick but since its base there are only 4-5 base icons that are not behind the power curve already and i think its slim chance to get one of those even with the pick...

I was going to do the 89+ mid but then thought harder on it and realized that even though I have a better than average chance not to pack trash the upside is limited too.

I think I'm going to roll the dice and get the mid/prime pack and hope for the best even though I know I'll likely get inzhagi or giggs or some other garbo. and then do the ultimate packs when TOTY comes out hoping for a whale.

I do waver on what i ultimately will do. its heartening to see that some are getting some decent options in teh base pick pack though.
  • Lepiricus
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    went for a mid/prime pack got prime Pirlo

prime or mid pirlo, its a W regardless, though. Well Done!
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7683 posts League Winner
    futaddikt wrote: »
    Has anybody seen a base player pick that didn't have atleast 1 really good player, most I've seen on yt all have atleast 1 super amazing card.... really tempting...

I have seen two bad ones. Figo as best in one. And then one just disaster. That said the odds seem to be 90% of better for having a good card.
  • Ben
    I don’t even really want a good player....just one that I’ll use. I’d be happy with puyol, riquelme etc. so maybe the base pick is best. Oh well, I’ll decide soon.
  • Gnomenclature
    8030 posts League Winner
    Player pick!
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    Disney land Paris, spend it all on the water rides. Trust me
  • LahmChops
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite

Absolutely. You can literally hold the target in the top corner and it barely moves. Even with a defender in the way, it usually goes in.
  • Noo
    I haven't done an icon sbc at all this year, I usually don't like to roll the dice but I'm in a good spot trading wise so I think I'm going for the player pick.

2 more sb wins to go.

Will report back with results.
  • Ben
    Noo wrote: »
    I haven't done an icon sbc at all this year, I usually don't like to roll the dice but I'm in a good spot trading wise so I think I'm going for the player pick.

2 more sb wins to go.

Will report back with results.

Good luck...I still can’t decide between koeman, mid/prime , 89+ or base player pick.
  • Noo
    It's an L for me guys.

Maldini
    Makalele
    Del piero

Gutted.

Probably take Maldini. Although I wanted a central icon for chem but not sure APD cuts it.