EA fair enough you have your dumb 60 game cap..

Gazmac_868
2895 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 2021
........but can you please do something to prevent the widespread self relegating (smurfing) that's going on!! Difficult enough to win with my rubbish Brazil team playing my own skill rating but a load of sweats who have clearly relegated themselves! Come on now EA!!! Your brand is becoming synonymous with cheating and smurfing!! How are no gaming journalists not all over this?? Must be on EAs payroll as well

Comments

• Sir Lew1s
    933 posts Semi-Pro
    Not that it helps much now but keep an eye out for loan sbc's, they are normally extremely cheap and will help you with the "rubbish Brazil team". I used loan marquinhos, Victor and firminho for instance.

As for the relegating.. At least the community is playing Golden goal so you hopefully find a more matched opponent quicker.
  • truegunn3r
    13491 posts World Class
    edited January 2021
    Already got 11 wins in 13 and I have never self relegated in DR. Seems so easy as no one is playing drop back
  • Gazmac_868
    Jsim86 wrote: »
    If you can't get 14 wins in 60 your doing something wrong

'Git Gud' yea is that it???
  • truegunn3r
    13491 posts World Class
    edited January 2021
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

'Git Gud' yea is that it???

Different modes require different game styles. In this mode you need to be able to come out of pressure situations. Move the ball around very quickly and continuously (sideways/backwards and forwards). Everyone is playing high press on this mode so if you are good at countering it then you’ll be in luck. Pass the ball through the channels and to your wingers.
  • Gazmac_868
    ICUP wrote: »

If you got slapped in division 1 when you are a division 6 player are you going to beat the Div 1 players 14/60 times?

Exactly this!!!!
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    A Div 6 player is never going to come up against a Div 1 player, only in WL maybe.

Im about 1800 skill points atm and haven't come up against a single person who has quit or given me a win to self relegate. Just doesn't seem like it's a thing this year.

• Gazmac_868
    Noo wrote: »
    A Div 6 player is never going to come up against a Div 1 player, only in WL maybe.

Im about 1800 skill points atm and haven't come up against a single person who has quit or given me a win to self relegate. Just doesn't seem like it's a thing this year.

Course it isn't mate lol
  • ICUP
    6961 posts Big Money Move

If a div 1 player doesn’t want to play another Div 1/2 player in objectives what does he do?

Same with people in all the other divisions, easier to relegate and play others who are worse than play people at their level.

• CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite

If you got slapped in division 1 when you are a division 6 player are you going to beat the Div 1 players 14/60 times?

No offense intended, but given all the "randomness" and RNG complaints on this board, I would think that those mechanisms would cause you to win 1 of 4 games. Combine that with the defensive styles, etc. and pure luck would have you winning that many.

Now, if you are unable to play around/through pressure, given the community's golden goal guideline, then consider this an opportunity to learn. It is not the regulators having their day in the sun, it is those that play a quick possession game instead of a drop back and PTB game.
  • kraid
    7672 posts League Winner
    I think people are getting misled by ea’s terrible match making system. I’m in div 1 and I’m getting matched up with people that are obviously way below me. When I play in rivals I usually have quite an even record but in live friendlies I win around +80% and the games aren’t even close most of the time.

I’d bet a lot if people that I match assume I’ve relegated too.
  • NeverTooLate
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Already got 11 wins in 13 and I have never self relegated in DR. Seems so easy as no one is playing drop back

U must be the lucky one or I am just unlucky!! Only 7 out of 17 games that I played was not drop back, maybe I should still can’t myself lucky lol!
  • ICUP
    CtldChaos wrote: »

No offense intended, but given all the "randomness" and RNG complaints on this board, I would think that those mechanisms would cause you to win 1 of 4 games. Combine that with the defensive styles, etc. and pure luck would have you winning that many.

Now, if you are unable to play around/through pressure, given the community's golden goal guideline, then consider this an opportunity to learn. It is not the regulators having their day in the sun, it is those that play a quick possession game instead of a drop back and PTB game.

Let’s say RNG kicks in and you score first in your 1/4 doesn’t mean the person will quit.

Person may not want to quit or person may know they are way better than opponent so why are they quitting.

People shouldn’t have to learn to play differently because of a “golden goal” lazy/entitled people want to enforce.
  • Idek
    17630 posts World Class

You aren't playing div 1 players in div 6 30 times let alone 60
  • ICUP
    Idek wrote: »

You aren't playing div 1 players in div 6 30 times let alone 60

That was an example, people are in divisions they shouldn’t be in.

If you are stuck in any division you are there for a reason, if people then decide to drop divisions then you obviously have people playing people they shouldn’t.

E.g div 4 since people want to use that div for rewards could be a mixture of anyone who is div 5 recently moved to 4. People stuck in Div 4 and then division 3,2 & 1.

If you are gonna say but if they are facing people in their division level aswell then what happens if they score first but opponent they are playing doesn’t wanna do golden goal. They equalise quit or equalise and go on to win then div 4 player has to find another game which will likely be someone who is either equal or higher ranked.

Let’s also take connection into this since a lot of people have complained about gameplay (including me)
  • aladdin
    3527 posts National Call-Up
    i did the lot in 23 games and i’m rubbish. was pleasantly easy
  • padr81
    381 posts Sunday League Hero

If a div 1 player doesn’t want to play another Div 1/2 player in objectives what does he do?

Same with people in all the other divisions, easier to relegate and play others who are worse than play people at their level.

They would relegate to maybe Div3 at most which does cause a trickle down effect but a Div 1 player could go to Div 3 and win 14 of 15 games or at worst maybe 14 of 18 or 19. He doesn't need to be around Div 6 to get wins.

Self relegation is a non-issue this year because while match making is skill based its extremely lose. I'm still hovering around mid Div 2 and I've played players I can tell are as low as Div 4 or 5 and players I can tell are high end Division 1 and could slap me 6 or 7-0.
  • Afridi19
    794 posts Semi-Pro
    Guys I had very bad delay and lost many games to golden goal but when I play now and if I or my opponent quits it throws me out of ultimate team.

I tried a SB match didn’t work and even shut the ps4 and restarted the game/system. Anyone else know what to do here?
  • padr81
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Afridi19 wrote: »
    Guys I had very bad delay and lost many games to golden goal but when I play now and if I or my opponent quits it throws me out of ultimate team.

I tried a SB match didn’t work and even shut the ps4 and restarted the game/system. Anyone else know what to do here?

Seems like you've maybe quit too many matches. You probably need to play and complete a few games. This used to happen to people using single player seasons in UT for loyalty back in the day. I'd say try jumping into rivals and finishing a few games.
  • The problem now is that some guys think they can't win for some reason. My last two games opponents equalised with kickoff goals one of them kickup style and then they just quit. What purpose does that serve? Just being toxic and we both lose games out of our 60. Either just play the full match and better player wins or quit when you go 1:0 down don't equalise and then quit.
  • MDR123456
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect

I had 3 bronze rubberbanders last night alone. I thought it odd because that’s usually a Monday through Wednesday thing.
  • MDR123456
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    ........but can you please do something to prevent the widespread self relegating (smurfing) that's going on!! Difficult enough to win with my rubbish Brazil team playing my own skill rating but a load of sweats who have clearly relegated themselves! Come on now EA!!! Your brand is becoming synonymous with cheating and smurfing!! How are no gaming journalists not all over this?? Must be on EAs payroll as well

Not having the cap would make this worse
  • limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    A div 4 player can win a div 2-3 player in some games. Probably like 2 out of 5 or 2 out of 7 games. It’s just the match making and high pressure tactics which you should learn to handle first.
  • Gazmac_868
    MDR123456 wrote: »

I had 3 bronze rubberbanders last night alone. I thought it odd because that’s usually a Monday through Wednesday thing.

BuT SeLf rELEgATinG IsNt A tHIng ThIS YeAR