Toty upgrade prep

number7rocky
7006 posts Big Money Move
Who's planning on doing these or has started picking up rares already? I'm around 3m deep at 700/750 coins (mostly 700) around 4000 players atm... 😂

Gone with PL/Bundes so I'm covered if you need league specific rares as those are the two leagues I'd focus on, although last year you could use any rare, but in previous years you did need PL rares for PL upgrades etc...

This is the one time of the year I'm loose with my coins and gamble. Spent a mil fifa 19 and got TOTY Ramos twice...

Last year I spent around 1.7m and packed 9 TOTY! 4 Alisson, 3 Trent, Robertson and Kante so the grind paid of although I got Kante quite near the end! So these upgrades have given me some highs and lows 😁

I may not use all them for myself as it's alot of players, so could sell of some at toty but worse case we don't get the sbc(unlikely but it's EA) I can discard the lot and lose a few hundred k. Assuming we do get them though there's the bonus of being able to craft some sbc's to clear the high rated dupes you get, so that could be a few icon packs aswell or whatever other tasty sbc's there is ☺

Comments

• Destin8or
    4294 posts National Call-Up
    I'm about a mill deep in PL rares, have this sneaking feeling EA will bin it off this year.
  • Mdm
    3841 posts National Call-Up
    I'm new ish to fut

Can you explain what you you mean please

What are requirements for sbc in past
  • number7rocky
    edited January 3
    Destin8or wrote: »
    I'm about a mill deep in PL rares, have this sneaking feeling EA will bin it off this year.

They tried that before I believe and there was uproar, they ended up releasing the sbc Friday to Monday last year instead of the whole week.

Worst case though you can discard for a small loss so it's low risk, assuming you've been paying around 700 even 750 coins. I'm saving 100 plus packs anyway to so no problem being unassigned.

• Diddymow
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mdm wrote: »
    I'm new ish to fut

Same. I'm a FUT Founder (or at least I was until I skipped Fifa 20) but haven't player FUT for this long into a Fifa for many many years. Usually get bored after the first month when I pack nothing good.
  • number7rocky
    edited January 3
    I'm new ish to fut

They release upgrade packs for the top 5 leagues during toty, say a premium upgrade was a 25k pack with players from whatever league upgrade you did so you do a PL ones you got 12 PL players 3 rare, 9 common, they require around 11 rares based on the past, people do these during toty to try to pack a toty.

I'm buying the rares now because obviously they go up in price in the hype plus when the sbc gets released.
  • D0lvl
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    I did a bunch last year and didn’t pack a single toty
  • Sujitsky123
    1826 posts Fans' Favourite
    Last upgrades needed 80+ rares....
  • Nervous_Nick
    6716 posts Big Money Move
    I did tons last year and packed Alisson twice.
    BUT i also packed tradable toty kantè in some crappy sb reward :D
  • number7rocky
    D0lvl wrote: »

How many exactly? Did around 350 of the premium and similar standard ones recycling all the players
  • Mic2904
    2548 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm new ish to fut

Firstly you have the standard upgrade SBC which is giving done for some good return. Outs a standard SBC and you have to trade in 11 non rare for 2 Rare players. You can rinse your club from bronze to silver and then silver to gold.

For toty we would expect similar upgrades we had during freeze promo:

11 Rare gold for 2 x 81 rated cards, maybe a 80+ player pick again. Something we folk can use their cards into...

That’s why people invest right now into good linkable players, ie PL or Spanish. They will go up to 1.5-2k easy... right now you can get them for 700-800
  • number7rocky
    I did tons last year and packed Alisson twice.
    BUT i also packed tradable toty kantè in some crappy sb reward :D

Pff that's nothing, try 4 untradable Alisson and 3 Trent 😂

Imagine the hype of seeing the flares and then getting so many dupes 😂 luckily packing Kante about 1.5m in made it all worth it
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve just been keeping all my good stock ready for these Upgrade packs, will need to craft them before opening the packs I’ve got saved for TOTY.

It’s actually gonna be the only exciting menu grind of this year imo after they’ve butchered league SBCs, killed off BPM and made all other SBCs way overpriced!!

As someone mentioned above, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even drop the upgrades.

Let’s see if they are brave enough to really do it.

Would spell the end of FIFA as we knew it.
  • number7rocky
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    I’ve just been keeping all my good stock ready for these Upgrade packs, will need to craft them before opening the packs I’ve got saved for TOTY.

It’s actually gonna be the only exciting menu grind of this year imo after they’ve butchered league SBCs, killed off BPM and made all other SBCs way overpriced!!

As someone mentioned above, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even drop the upgrades.

Let’s see if they are brave enough to really do it.

Would spell the end of FIFA as we knew it.

Knowing EA they will just nerf the pack for the Premium upgrades, used to be like a 25k pack.

If they don't release them my interest in the game in nearly dead until tots
  • Mdm
    3841 posts National Call-Up
    When does this take place please
  • number7rocky

Jan 11/18th
  • Brustring1893
    1457 posts Play-Off Hero

Jan 11/18th

Sauce please?
  • number7rocky

Jan 11/18th

Sauce please?

Mayo
  • truegunn3r
    12020 posts Has That Special Something
    Keep your excitement to yourself and stop talking so much about TOTY, please
  • D0lvl
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    D0lvl wrote: »

How many exactly? Did around 350 of the premium and similar standard ones recycling all the players

I put in around 1m on players.

• Hammer316
    2470 posts Fans' Favourite
    I put somewhere between 1.5-2 million into the prem ones last year. Best pull aubameyang.

Not sure if I will bother this year maybe just put 200k in but definitely not going big.
  • number7rocky
    Hammer316 wrote: »
    I put somewhere between 1.5-2 million into the prem ones last year. Best pull aubameyang.

Not sure if I will bother this year maybe just put 200k in but definitely not going big.

That's alot without pulling one 😅 did you recycle the packs when you got dupes? You get at least 50% extra