Prime Koeman Is Quality

SSL14
1079 posts Professional
More fool those of you who gambled and lost. To those who didn't need Koeman, then fair enough. Koeman regularly wins interceptions, reads through balls expertly, and is rarely caught out of position. The card performs admirably and is probably an end game player for me.

Anyone else surprised at how good Prime Koeman is?

FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site-Google-Chrome-03-01-2021-11-27-08.png

Comments

• EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    I will get him to play central CB in a 3421. Looks very good.

Unfortunatly I have to grind all the swaps tokens first...
  • Saekerhett
    1153 posts Professional
    I packed Baby Matthaus and also have Van Dijk, IF Ramos and Varane as options, so I will pass on Koeman, otherwise I probably would get him. Now going for the Base pack and the 25 83+ pack.
  • DanishDynamiteUS
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    He’s quite good, just a little on the slow and not fully agile side.

Nice thing is he can place a killer pass, so great if you let your CDM distribute play every now and then. That’s the very reason I don’t use Kante although I have his IF untradable.

Have to say I find Freeze Marquinhos better though, that’s the very reason I took the gamble (which paid of in my case).
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    I've removed a few comments derailing the topic at hand. Back on point I really like the card but think he's more suited to cdm or cm because of his passing ability.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    I would use Prime Koemann any day of the week over a meta clown like Varane. It´s not like he has 25 pace and 3 agility....
  • A_Snipe
    3781 posts National Call-Up
    I was going to take him and a pack. But decided to do two packs. I wish I took koeman now though. I can’t hold off on saving tokens though
  • KSYM72
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    Using him atm as RCM in 41212(2) and finding him very good. I play with my fullbacks attacking and he covers the RB very well when needed. Obviously not the most agile but certainly workable. Good passing range, interceptions and tackling and of course a superb long shot and free kick option.

Will also be trying him as CCB in a 5atb formation soon.
  • limjitwe
    10027 posts Has That Special Something
    Yup. Gonna spend the week grinding another 5 tokens out for him... can’t wait for him to debut next weekend league.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Wish I could find a special Dumfries to link it all in with Koeman and Robben. The man is extinct x2 currently.
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's my favoured option for swaps right now.

I've got Marquinhos Freeze at CDM and they look perfect for an in game switch.
  • oldboiler
    5014 posts Big Money Move
    Nah, my mid Litmanen from the mid/prime pack was a much better decision :D
  • KSYM72
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    Noo wrote: »
    He's my favoured option for swaps right now.

I've got Marquinhos Freeze at CDM and they look perfect for an in game switch.

Exact same swap as I make, works very well so far.
  • SwankyStyle
    1238 posts Professional
    Let’s see how good he is when 2 attackers are coming full steam and Koeman is the only man back. You’ll then see he’s not that great.
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have 10 so far, think I will stop at 13 and take him, the online friendlies seem too much of a grind for a few packs, but I have 6 weeks to do them if I change my mind.
  • KSYM72
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    Let’s see how good he is when 2 attackers are coming full steam and Koeman is the only man back. You’ll then see he’s not that great.

That's why you play him in midfield.....or better still learn to defend
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Too be

Too be honest not many cbs will survive that scenario, can you name 5 that will?
  • SwankyStyle
    1238 posts Professional
    Too be

Too be honest not many cbs will survive that scenario, can you name 5 that will?

Adama. Say what you will but he’s amazing
  • Mr. Soper
    3908 posts National Call-Up
    I took him last year. Like him a lot. I just don’t like to repeat on icons.
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Obviously none of the available icons are exactly exciting and looking at the mid 89 plus thread there is a real mix bag of pulls being posted, so I think the big question is out off all the people who took prime koeman how many actually regret it?

As with the icon packs there will be many who have, combined with the lucky ones who are not. Then maybe the ones who are still on the fence can work out wether we feel it’s worth the risk.

In fact if I could work out how to do a poll I’d do one with this question!
  • DennisLimpens
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am in doubt, do I take him? Is he going to replace Gomez or Kante? (Same for Rijkaard)
  • Guvnor
    I am in doubt, do I take him? Is he going to replace Gomez or Kante? (Same for Rijkaard)

Your not alone!!
  • Noo
    I'm tempted to pick him up tradeable and try him out, even if I lose the tax I'd rather know what I'm getting than waste the tokens.

Koeman and the 25x83 are my preferred option right now but also tempted to go for base icon and base or mid icon packs.
  • Guvnor
    I'm tempted to pick him up tradeable and try him out, even if I lose the tax I'd rather know what I'm getting than waste the tokens.

Koeman and the 25x83 are my preferred option right now but also tempted to go for base icon and base or mid icon packs.

Iv been tempted to do this, but I don’t really have 50k to lose.
  • Guvnor

On that I wouldn’t go for the two lower icon packs either, I know it will feel like your doubling the chance of a good pull, but your more likely doubling the chance of pulling a untradeable duplicate, I’d recommend med/prime or the 89 plus! Personally.
  • Noo
    Guvnor wrote: »

On that I wouldn’t go for the two lower icon packs either, I know it will feel like your doubling the chance of a good pull, but your more likely doubling the chance of pulling a untradeable duplicate, I’d recommend med/prime or the 89 plus! Personally.
    Guvnor wrote: »

There's a thread on here when someone has attempted to calculate the probability of getting a good pull, apparently the base icon pick is the best to go for (calculations assume equal probability of packing any icon but its pretty good work)