Am I abusing pace?

Wolves37
216 posts Sunday League Hero
I'd probably say yes, yes I am :)

Trying it out today, no more mbappe's tearing me a new one!!

Screenshot-20201230-111707.jpg

Comments

• Springveldt
    6137 posts Big Money Move
    Bet Mbappe still tears you a new one though. 😂
  • Pace isn't the be all, end all.
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    The defenders .. but who cares. Whatever floats your boat
  • Boysie91
    13588 posts World Class
    My team currently
    Butra / Neymar
    Aouar / Mbappe
    Marq / Atal
    Mendy / Traore / Varane / Makelele
    Screenshot-2020-12-30-11-37-34.png
  • Wolves37

Oh I am sure he will on occasion but that back 4 will give nightmares to average players like me - personally aside from Mendy I am not following the meta, at least I have a little bit of originality in the team
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    Wouldn't it be better to have Mendy at RB because of weak foot
  • Avit32
    972 posts Professional
    The only person who would concern me in that team is Felix. Back line wouldn't bother me all that much imho
  • Wolves37
    Wouldn't it be better to have Mendy at RB because of weak foot

Lima is Right Footed so works perfectly :smile:
  • Wolves37
    Avit32 wrote: »
    The only person who would concern me in that team is Felix. Back line wouldn't bother me all that much imho

Prime Barnes striker is the best finisher I have used, and I've have Ronaldo, Mbappe etc he is LETHAL
  • Sjonhinho
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wolves37 wrote: »

Oh I am sure he will on occasion but that back 4 will give nightmares to average players like me - personally aside from Mendy I am not following the meta, at least I have a little bit of originality in the team

And here's your originality badge🤌! You're welcome!
  • Springveldt
    6137 posts Big Money Move
    Wolves37 wrote: »

To be honest I don't notice my opponents back 4 when they have all pace merchants as none of my opponents seem to play with a high depth. They have 90+ pace defenders yet are scared to have them higher than their 18 yard box.

If you aren't playing with at least 7 depth with those defenders then you are probably better off just getting Varane and VVD.
  • Stular
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If any players actually played relative to their stats and positions... this wouldn’t work and would be a dog of a team.

But the games broken so I’m sure you’ll have plenty of fun.

Only question would be.. does FIFA 21 represent football as we know it anymore?
  • Wolves37
    I'm playing 7 depth in a 4411 - agree though, I could have NIF Laporte with 1 depth
  • Bcfcbenny11
    71 posts Park Captain
    I would argue in many ways agility is the more important stat. An 85 pace player with 90+ agility will feel more mobile than a 90+ pace player with poor agility.

Immobile with a hunter for example should feel rapid, but doesn't.