Why do EA want Clubs drained and Fodder flying for TOTY?

Maaax354
163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Havent experienced a FUT Toty since 18. Are their special high rating SBCs coming? I was assuming there would be upgrade packs like on BF, but not much fancy apart from that. Can somebody explain what kind of content to expect?

Comments

• Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    This takes coins off market
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Means more pack sales as people have drained there clubs and spent their coins.
  • RTG20
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    more pack sales, more spent on FP

and it makes fodder higher since everyone will be buying it which makes packs more desirable because even if you don't pack anything (which most won't) people still think "ah well at least i can make some coin off those fodder cards!"
  • Bapinho
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    They want fodder flying because if prices are higher for fodder more people will open up packs with FPs to make coins.
    They want to drain your club so youll need to open up packs for toty to get more players/ do sbcs
  • Just sell your 84's keep the others
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Will be worse this year too... The untradeable war EA has going on means supply of cards will be even lower than usual.
  • Maaax354
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Okay so pure economics. Thanks guys.
  • TheMightyBee
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    These upgrade SBCs make people spend loads in FP’s to stack their clubs with players. The more they drain the club and have upgrade SBCs out, the more people spend trying to get the fodder back.

PP and +81 packs are W goldmine for EA.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    These upgrade SBCs make people spend loads in FP’s to stack their clubs with players. The more they drain the club and have upgrade SBCs out, the more people spend trying to get the fodder back.

PP and +81 packs are W goldmine for EA.

I'm not sure that people buy packs for fodder, it's more likely they are hoping for a big pulls.