Penalty shoot-out losses - Tips needed!

win123vn
586 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited December 2020
Just an average player (G3 WL and div 4 1300 SP), expiriencing losses in penalty shoot-out this WL in about 8-9 games, coupling with a large number of penalty saves from my opponents during normal time.

Any tips to improve penalty shoot-out? Please kindly advise, thank you!

Comments

• win123vn
    Pls advise!
  • YidArmy
    2465 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have you gone to the arena and practiced?

I generally hit mine top left or right with decent power. Unless the keeper moves early to that side they can't save it if you get it right.
  • win123vn
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Have you gone to the arena and practiced?

I generally hit mine top left or right with decent power. Unless the keeper moves early to that side they can't save it if you get it right.

No, I havent done that in Fifa 21, since I was quite good back in Fifa20. Would do it soon, thank you!
  • Riggs006
    1060 posts Professional
    I'm not the best penalty taker myself so probably not the best to offer advice haha but I'd say either aim for a corner at the end of your run up or switch corners at the last minute because your players head movement will give away what corner you are aiming at most of the time, other option is to risk hitting the corner with loads of power and even if they dive the right way it's almost impossible to save. Other than that it pretty much comes down to luck!
  • Burchy
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    Watch the head movement of the player taking the penalty. Where he is looking is where he is aiming. Dive that way with keeper.

Not 100% guaranteed as player can always aim somewhere else when running up to kick it but it will help you save more.

As for taking them... do the opposite as above! Aim into a corner and hold it for a few seconds to show your players head looking that way, then power up and aim somewhere else during the run up.