So many issues with career mode....

Gavalarrrr
339 posts Sunday League Hero
EA really need to sort out alot regarding FIFA. Manager mode used to be something that had a fair bit of depth into it, but it's been stripped year after year of key features!

Here what I've noticed after under half a season.

Cards -

Non existent. I've summed 18 games now and not one card is ever shown.
Why is this? I'm guessing it's not coded into the game?

Match day simulations -

Rarely does the ball go out for a throw in. Its a great 'addition' (I say this sarcastically of course as this was actually in FIFA 05 way back when) but its poorer than the old versions. Players never cross the ball in either when watching these. I can't even say its basic because the match day sims are missing so much!

Incorrect press statements -

Apparently 8 games in my Derby team were on a poor run of run. This run of form was us being unbeaten in the league and in the 3rd round of the cup.
Statements need to be correct.

Youth players -

I find it very frustrating that my youth player has a missing torso and hold a red card constantly. Ironic seeing a cards are apparently a thing of the past in the simulated matches....

Don't get me wrong, there's a few positives. I think the addition of swapping play positions and the development is players is great.
And training being 'added' (Again, something you could do on previous versions) helps add realism. But there's more missing then has been added.

Until the basic get rectified it's not great and never will be.

Id advise playing Football manager if you want a more realistic experience.

EA need to look at everything that had previously (i.e stadium and coaching development, money from sponsors, match realistic simulations) and add it back in.

Comments

• tristanenever
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Totally agree. It makes you wonder who is in charge of Career Mode and if it’s just their ideas or they have people who play the game help them or take any of their advice or ideas or anything like that. I’d suggest not. I’d suggest that signing players will be removed for FIFA 22 then brought back for FIFA 26 as a new feature.
  • Gavalarrrr
    Totally agree. It makes you wonder who is in charge of Career Mode and if it’s just their ideas or they have people who play the game help them or take any of their advice or ideas or anything like that. I’d suggest not. I’d suggest that signing players will be removed for FIFA 22 then brought back for FIFA 26 as a new feature.

Exactly.
    I feel they do this so new players come in go 'look at these great features' not knowing they were there 5-10 years ago.
  • MJD85
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s awful.
    Career Mode is poor.
    Gameplay is boring.

They ruined it.
  • Markiegj
    92 posts Park Captain
    The idea is there , but it seems half assed, They also keep removing things before they get them right, so the sim match thing will disappear and then in a few games time come back, but wont have been developed. You used to be able to dive, now they have removed it. Argue with the ref, removed it.

They need to put things in the game and then improve them based on feedback not remove them completely. Loaning players, real world improves some players, in this game no difference no matter what you do. The ref situation is a joke, they have now made them gormless and blind. Work on the features you have and make them brilliant not add them willynilly and then remove them for no reason.
  • Gavalarrrr
    Markiegj wrote: »
    The idea is there , but it seems half assed, They also keep removing things before they get them right, so the sim match thing will disappear and then in a few games time come back, but wont have been developed. You used to be able to dive, now they have removed it. Argue with the ref, removed it.

They need to put things in the game and then improve them based on feedback not remove them completely. Loaning players, real world improves some players, in this game no difference no matter what you do. The ref situation is a joke, they have now made them gormless and blind. Work on the features you have and make them brilliant not add them willynilly and then remove them for no reason.

I've also noticed when you attempt to loan players out you only ever get loan to buy options. If you select loan only the manager will always refuse, making loaning players out obsolete.
  • L4r14m
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »
    Markiegj wrote: »

I've also noticed when you attempt to loan players out you only ever get loan to buy options. If you select loan only the manager will always refuse, making loaning players out obsolete.

Yeah it’s bugged. One can work around this by using the delegate option. But of course this should be fixed.

In some ways the game is better than in recent years. Yet so many problems remain.

I don’t know. Is EA even less responsive this year than before? I see very little communication. The forums are so silent. We don’t even seem to get the ”these concerns have been conveyed to the dev team” type of replies anymore.
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2021
    Can you believe it. A 2021 football game without headed goals or yellow and red cards.
  • L4r14m
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    Made a bug report about the cards here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cards/m-p/9925978#M20695
  • Kuko
    2 posts Ball Boy
    EA really need to sort out alot regarding FIFA. Manager mode used to be something that had a fair bit of depth into it, but it's been stripped year after year of key features!

Cards -

Match day simulations -

Rarely does the ball go out for a throw in. Its a great 'addition' (I say this sarcastically of course as this was actually in FIFA 05 way back when) but its poorer than the old versions. Players never cross the ball in either when watching these. I can't even say its basic because the match day sims are missing so much!

Apparently 8 games in my Derby team were on a poor run of run. This run of form was us being unbeaten in the league and in the 3rd round of the cup.

Youth players -

I find it very frustrating that my youth player has a missing torso and hold a red card constantly. Ironic seeing a cards are apparently a thing of the past in the simulated matches....

Don't get me wrong, there's a few positives. I think the addition of swapping play positions and the development is players is great.
    And training being 'added' (Again, something you could do on previous versions) helps add realism. But there's more missing then has been added.

EA need to look at everything that had previously (i.e stadium and coaching development, money from sponsors, match realistic simulations) and add it back in.

Cards -

Match day simulations -

Youth players -

• Kuko
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Have any of you miss the shadows during night game play
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im sure some of you must play different games or seriously over exaggerate problems. And dont get me wrong there are problems. However having games with no throw ins just never ever happens for me, like ever. I only play on 5 min halves and get plenty (certainly at least a couple EVERY game) of through ins through tackles on the touch line, and miss placed passes by me and AI (on WC with OP sport sliders).

Yes there are arent enough fouls, hence a lack of yellow and certainly red cards, but 18 games without a yellow? Really, do you not tackle at all?

Press statements can be wrong and certainly repetitive.

Training is a good idea in theory but in reality a waste of time and only there for FUT reasons.
  • L4r14m
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    bristolbob wrote: »
    Im sure some of you must play different games or seriously over exaggerate problems. And dont get me wrong there are problems. However having games with no throw ins just never ever happens for me, like ever. I only play on 5 min halves and get plenty (certainly at least a couple EVERY game) of through ins through tackles on the touch line, and miss placed passes by me and AI (on WC with OP sport sliders).

Yes there are arent enough fouls, hence a lack of yellow and certainly red cards, but 18 games without a yellow? Really, do you not tackle at all?

Training is a good idea in theory but in reality a waste of time and only there for FUT reasons.

There are cards for tackles made by the player. My issue is with the lack of cards for the AI-directed players. I just played an entire season, the controller always locked on one player, and I didn’t see a single card for the opposition, or for any player in my team that I wasn’t controlling.

Throw-ins? Several per match, of course. I don’t understand how one could fail to have those.

• bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    L4r14m wrote: »
    bristolbob wrote: »

There are cards for tackles made by the player. My issue is with the lack of cards for the AI-directed players. I just played an entire season, the controller always locked on one player, and I didn’t see a single card for the opposition, or for any player in my team that I wasn’t controlling.

Throw-ins? Several per match, of course. I don’t understand how one could fail to have those.

I mean they are like rocking horse ...., but you must be seriously unlucky to have no AI player get a yellow in an entire season. In my current 1.5 seasons of my Barrow career i havent seen a red, but a smattering of AI yellow. Though probably barely double figures in 100+ games
  • Runkeldunk
    63 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can echo the lack of cards. I've played to seasons in PL with only a handfuld of yellow cards for the AI and not one red card.

It's a shame.

R