Single Player FUT Draft is an absolute shambles

Eddieww
522 posts An Exciting Prospect
Before reading the rest of this thread, I just want to point out that this game mode must be boring as heck for most of you on here for me to be the first person I've seen posting about it. The difficulty seems easier than it's respective squad battles counterpart, but that makes sense as Tier 4 Squad Battles will often have special cards etc.

Formations - I chose 4312 as my formation. But after playing 4 games I realised that I pretty much never had a CAM, so I looked at the heatmaps on the player performance tab. The game has stuck me in a 442 flat with my CAM playing in the LM slot and my CMs all shoving over to cover the right. At the end of the day this is not game breaking but still shouldn't be happening. I wish I'd taken a photo of this to share but hey-ho.

Squad updates - Since tournaments were removed a few years back I think Single FUT Draft is the only game mode that uses 'real' teams aside from single player friendlies. Every now and then we get squad updates on FUT, which I'm all for as they bring teams up to date with current transfers in/out of the clubs. Except, it doesn't. I've just faced a 433 Inter Milan (probably an attacking instruction so IDM the formation), but the main point of rage for me is that Godin and Candreva are both on the pitch for Inter. They left the club on the 24th and 25th of September respectively, which is just under 2 weeks before the games official retail release. Both of there cards were updated promptly and we've had numerous player updates since the release. So wtf are they for? They clearly aren't updating the squads because they're still using September's editions? We're essentially downloading updates that literally don't do anything...

This game mode is clearly neglected by EA and I'd imagine most of the player base don't enjoy it as there is almost no discussion on it and the rewards really aren't worth considering spending 15k on. Rant over.

inb4: Didn't ask

Comments

• tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    I have played this quite a few times.

Must admit, I never pay any attention to who I am playing.

Always play on legendary and after the second game, it basically goes to ultimate (this is mentioned when you select dificulty)!!

Only won one draft, the other times I lost the final.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    If you're playing against AI, it doesn't matter which difficulty you play. Only thing you'll be getting is more coins from end of match. So play on beginner.

Lastly single player rewards are far worse. Losing in online on first game has better rewards than winning all 4 against AI.
  • Eddieww
    tommyboyo wrote: »

Always play on legendary and after the second game, it basically goes to ultimate (this is mentioned when you select dificulty)!!

I stuck it on World Class as I wasn't really sure how hard it'd scale up to, I didn't concede a goal across the 4 games and won them all by a considerable margin. Whereas on the same difficulty in squad battles I'd at least feel threatened by the opposition every now and then.

I also just checked my milestones and single player doesn't even count to the 100 wins...
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Eddieww wrote: »
    tommyboyo wrote: »

I stuck it on World Class as I wasn't really sure how hard it'd scale up to, I didn't concede a goal across the 4 games and won them all by a considerable margin. Whereas on the same difficulty in squad battles I'd at least feel threatened by the opposition every now and then.

I also just checked my milestones and single player doesn't even count to the 100 wins...

Yeah, that is true.
  • Eddieww
    If you're playing against AI, it doesn't matter which difficulty you play. Only thing you'll be getting is more coins from end of match. So play on beginner.

Lastly single player rewards are far worse. Losing in online on first game has better rewards than winning all 4 against AI.

I knew the rewards would be naff, I have no complaints at them being bad. My only point regarding them is that there is no way that you'll see an enjoyment/financial return on the 15k from single player draft, whereas online there is a chance you will.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Eddieww wrote: »

I knew the rewards would be naff, I have no complaints at them being bad. My only point regarding them is that there is no way that you'll see an enjoyment/financial return on the 15k from single player draft, whereas online there is a chance you will.

yeah, Its not worth it even with a free token.