Player choices

dengah109
1217 posts Professional
I'm interested to know why you choose your players. Partly as I am infuriated with constantly coming up against neymar and mbappe. You know how the game will be, ball into either of them and spam skilling throughout. Defend as best you can and hope they dont get too many balls bounce back to them...
But it got me thinking. I will never ever use Neymar, dont care how good he is in the game, because of how he is as a player and conducts himself on the pitch. Great player yes but his theatrics are a joke so I won't use him.
I chose Bundesliga this year as I like German football and watch a fair bit on TV so I know pretty much all the players I use. If I dont know the player in real life unlikely I will want to use him.
Ligue 1 this year is stupidly popular. Yet I would query if all these players rocking a ligue 1 team follow ligue 1 football. I dont know the stats but it isn't the most popular league in RL and yet in fifa it is crazy popular. Good choice though as the amount of special cards for that league has been crazy!!
So curious, do you choose your players solely because they are the meta/best in game or because you know/like them in real life. Will there be certain players you wouldn't use no matter how good they are in fifa?

Comments

• Robbenhood
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    Same here. I won’t use players I don’t like and/or follow. I run a Serie A team because that’s what I watch the most.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Bit of both.

No interest in using Neymar either. Or CR7.

Stupidly stubborn about some things!!
  • Brahms
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I choose players based on how they conduct themselves in real life.

A few weeks back Neymar and Mbappe played a deciding role in convincing PSG to support the Turkish club and refuse to continue to play unless referee is replaced. Their attitudes very exemplary and I decided to include both in my team. So far so good
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    Brahms wrote: »

A few weeks back Neymar and Mbappe played a deciding role in convincing PSG to support the Turkish club and refuse to continue to play unless referee is replaced. Their attitudes very exemplary and I decided to include both in my team. So far so good

;);)
  • Hulk43
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited December 2020
    Brahms wrote: »

Shalom