Xbox one controller menu bug

PVFCB97xD
13151 posts Has That Special Something
so ive bought a new xbox one controller because i broke one of my older trashy no name ones. now whenever im in the game menu the controller just automatically moves. this is most likely caused by an overcalibration of the controller, but i cant seem to fix it. 6498d121d6a4645a88bbb84cbcd1e63e.png
as you can see the analog stick is not on middle position. recalibrating wont help, as theres always a little drift towards one side.

ive tried to use x360ce, but it doesnt seem to affect fifa at all. setting the deadzone to like 5% should fix the problem, but fifa somehow ignores that program. is there any fix to this bs? this game is basically unplayable for me right now

Comments

• Mr.Romanista
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    you can use steam and force any deadzone settings you want
  • PVFCB97xD
    you can use steam and force any deadzone settings you want

sounds good, gonna try that one out and update the thread, cheers
  • PVFCB97xD
    that also didnt help. i can set the controller settings perfectly fine in steam, but in game its either getting ignored (USB connected) or it shows 2 controllers for the same device (via bluetooth). i hate this game. the controller works perfectly fine in any other game lol
  • Mr.Romanista
    you have to launch the game from steam so that these controller settings apply
  • PVFCB97xD
    @Mr.Romanista doesnt seem to work :( i bought the game on origin and just added the fifa21.exe to the steam library. i hate EA man why did i even bother buying this stupid game.. always such a trouble to set everything up properly before you can play ffs
  • PVFCB97xD
    gonna try out the EA live chat now but i highly doubt thats any helpful haha
  • PVFCB97xD
    the support told me to buy a new Controller. Thanks for nothing :)
  • Mr.Romanista
    edited December 2020
    it needs some steps to work properly I will try to explain it may be you did something wrong

1- open origin and leave it open just origin not the game
  • Mr.Romanista
    edited December 2020
    2- go to your FIFA 21 folder then FIFASetup folder and open config.ini file and add this line at the end AUTO_LAUNCH = 1 then save and close the file
  • Mr.Romanista
    edited December 2020
    3- add fifa 21 to your steam library and you have done that already
  • Mr.Romanista
    edited December 2020
    4-open steam big picture and select FIFA 21 then Manage Shortcut then Controller Configuration and make the changes you want
  • Mr.Romanista
    now you can launch the game from steam but you must make sure origin is open every time before launching the game from steam
  • PVFCB97xD
    @Mr.Romanista followed all your steps and it even says configuration loaded in game, but its still not working properly. i guess ill never be able to play this game with an original xbox controller rofl
  • Mr.Romanista
    PVFCB97xD wrote: »
    @Mr.Romanista followed all your steps and it even says configuration loaded in game, but its still not working properly. i guess ill never be able to play this game with an original xbox controller rofl

iam using xbox one controller with no issues , do you have this problem in all games or just fifa?