Prime Icon SBC- predictions/hopes

FifaTaco
2139 posts Fans' Favourite
edited December 2020
Personally would love any of the Barcelona ones, Hierro, or maybe a Del Piero or something of the sorts. What are we expecting, fingers crossed some are released this week.

Comments

• FrankFrank
    8242 posts League Winner
    Bergkamp sbc is almost twice the price of the card of the market. I have no hope anymore :joy:
  • FifaTaco
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Bergkamp sbc is almost twice the price of the card of the market. I have no hope anymore :joy:

Yeah, would have done him if he was a reasonable price but all of them so far have been tragic. Hopefully they step it up with primes
  • Finesse_4days
    17276 posts World Class
    Prime Beckham, Prime Ferdinand,, Prime Cole, Base Puskas is about the limit of what's realistic and about the lower limit of what I would do. Hopefully they deliver some top sbcs because they are long overdue.
  • FifaTaco
    Prime Beckham, Prime Ferdinand,, Prime Cole, Base Puskas is about the limit of what's realistic and about the lower limit of what I would do. Hopefully they deliver some top sbcs because they are long overdue.

Puskas would be a good one, would cost an arm mind you. Hoping the next set we get requires an icon, would give me a chance to dump Laudrup and Hernandez in.
  • RTG20
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    If any of you think you're getting an icon SBC that requires an icon to complete any time soon, well then you haven't been paying any attention at all to what's happening, or you're just hopelessly optimistic, UNLESS it requires an icon but also costs 3x what market value is :)

We might get lucky with a close to meta medium icon, or a semi usable prime icon in the next day-10 days, but why would they do that when you people who do the Ox and Wan Bissaka SBCs keep doing it
  • Finesse_4days
    17276 posts World Class
    FifaTaco wrote: »

Puskas would be a good one, would cost an arm mind you. Hoping the next set we get requires an icon, would give me a chance to dump Laudrup and Hernandez in.

I'm thinking all the top ones will require an icon and some will require 2 icons however with how they have been this year its debatable if we get anything but rubbish like a prime Baresi for 600k.
  • FifaTaco
    RTG20 wrote: »
    If any of you think you're getting an icon SBC that requires an icon to complete any time soon, well then you haven't been paying any attention at all to what's happening, or you're just hopelessly optimistic, UNLESS it requires an icon but also costs 3x what market value is :)

We might get lucky with a close to meta medium icon, or a semi usable prime icon in the next day-10 days, but why would they do that when you people who do the Ox and Wan Bissaka SBCs keep doing it

Yes you’ve made it pretty clear how you feel about this in multiple threads now :lol:
    We can only hope
  • RTG20
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes you’ve made it pretty clear how you feel about this in multiple threads now :lol:
    We can only hope

It's a fact, we can hope they do what should be the bare minimum, but what's actually the most they'd consider, and that's something that is KINDA usable and KINDA fairly priced if we're lucky.

Tell me where I'm wrong or not basing it off fact?
  • Finesse_4days
    17276 posts World Class
    edited December 2020

Icon sbc content nt is completely and I mean completely unrelated to the other garbage they release. They want people to think what you think it's the same every year, release some rubbish people do it drain fodder, big sbcs come people get gassed waste money on Fifa points.
    They pay big licensing money for icons like Beckham, Puskas and Torres they will be utilised by being released as an sbc at some point in time, it makes sense for atleast 1 to be released round Christmas as it will get people excited and spending big money. Trust me ina weeks time not a prayer we will only have had dross sbcs, big sbcs to come imo maybe very expensive but we will get some top cards for sure.
  • The way they are trying to push towards fifa points , i can only see them giving out average at best. Hope i am wrong as would like a good icon to grind for ,
  • RTG20
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

Icon sbc contnent is completely and I mean completely unrelated to the other garbage they release.
    They pay big licensing money for icons like Beckham, Puskas and Torres they will be utilised by being released as an sbc at some point in time, it makes sense for atleast 1 to be released round Christmas as it will get people excited and spending big money. Trust me ina weeks time not a prayer we will only have had dross sbcs, big sbcs to come imo maybe very expensive but we will get some top cards for sure.

Years ago we had Vieira and Ronaldinho SBC's by this date.

Now we have Van Der Sar for more than market value?

They realised they can keep getting you people to do 500k OX SBCs and selling out lightning rounds in 5 minutes lol.

Their ICON content is announcing they have them in packs (LOL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO BE IN PACKS) then doing lightning rounds.

They put the best Freeze players in a 2nd batch of PACKS and release overpriced trash in the SBCs (bar 2 or 3 of the SBCs, if that)

They don't care about the experience of the smarter players who won't do 500k Ox SBCs, they care about the people who will empty their wallet on every lightning round batch, and they will spend even more if they use all their fodder on trash SBCs, we literally have a forum thread called "Hall of I waste my coins on overpriced SBCs" and people are PROUD of it :D
  • MakingmeMad
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    So I wondering how long this will last? Building up the hype for a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sandwich in the end. If you’re expecting anything good from EA, then keep waiting until August. Any good card will only be in packs, with a next to impossible probability of getting packed. For all those who think that you can recycle the crap pulls from the base icon SBCs into a decent icon, then sorry to burst your bubble, you’re living in lala land. It’s not going to happen. I’ve got to a point where I switch on at 6pm and switch off again at 6:01. Play WL and rival placement all combined into one. Monday to Friday completely disenchanted. No positive reinforcement, no motivation.
  • FifaTaco

Icon sbc content nt is completely and I mean completely unrelated to the other garbage they release. They want people to think what you think it's the same every year, release some rubbish people do it drain fodder, big sbcs come people get gassed waste money on Fifa points.

I agree with this. There’s no way ea pay millions of dollars in licensing only to not put them in sbcs. People underestimate how many packs a good sbc can sell, Timmy needs 200k to go and finish prime Beckham, he’s going to go buy packs. This is still a win for ea either way. The crafters are going to put their clubs into upgrade packs etc and clubs are going to be rinsed before TOTY and the Christmas kids are going to buy points. There has to be a decent sbc within the next week imo
  • Air Diddy
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    Doesnt matter when or who they release going off current icon SBCs

Imagine what the cost of the best icons would actually be
  • RTG20
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

I agree with this. There’s no way ea pay millions of dollars in licensing only to not put them in sbcs. People underestimate how many packs a good sbc can sell, Timmy needs 200k to go and finish prime Beckham, he’s going to go buy packs. This is still a win for ea either way. The crafters are going to put their clubs into upgrade packs etc and clubs are going to be rinsed before TOTY and the Christmas kids are going to buy points. There has to be a decent sbc within the next week imo

I like how you try to latch on to your optimism while ignoring the facts :D:D:D

Little Timmy SPENT 500K ON OX

500K ON OX

Little Timmy isn't getting Prime Beckham unless he loads up on FP from his Christmas money

You understand this right?

Look at how as the content gets worse the FP sales go up, you can literally view their yearly financials, it's FACT.

They pay millions of dollars to have their fancy ads and make people spend FP on packs.
  • CHYP2074
    2511 posts Fans' Favourite
    This comment and suddenly the thread is dead
  • Torminator
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Air Diddy wrote: »

This.. if the sbc costs the same as buying of the market than there is no point

• djnition
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero
    Torminator wrote: »
    Air Diddy wrote: »

This.. if the sbc costs the same as buying of the market than there is no point

I was excited to see keane but the price is a joke just lookat the packs you get awful
  • YouKnowMe
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would love to see prime Xavi soon, would happily dump my club into him.

We have to be due a beckham soon surely due to the huge advertising around him but unlikely the prime so maybe the mid?
  • YouKnowMe
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Also I would love to see a top tier icon too..... but without the time limit of 30 days... to give us something to grind.
  • oldboiler
    4826 posts National Call-Up
    Prime Gerrard and a CB any of Blanc, Desailly or Ferdinand please