I'm just starting fifa 21, what do I need to know?

WelshXavi
1199 posts Professional
After hanging up my boots and saying last year was my final year, I've been told I'm getting fifa 21 for Christmas 😂

What's fut like this year?
What's the new meta?
Most importantly, is it better than fifa 20?

Thanks all!

Comments

• RadioShaq
    19967 posts Moderator
    Rivals has a cap. They added silver totw players to objectives. You can get a lot of good players doing friendlies. No more fitness cards. Save your loans for friendlies. Learn how to manually defend no more running around letting the ai defend. Pace is really strong this year. Use 442 or 4231.
  • I SiR MartY I
    14896 posts Has That Special Something
    Stale
    Pace and 5 star skills
    Yes but dog plop with sprinkles on top is still dog plop
  • Dutchbandito
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    You get a free david beckham card
  • DanishDynamiteUS
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don’t open FUT 😂
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Hope it’s got a gift receipt.

Failing that. Don’t play online, ever.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    Return it. Don’t get sucked in

This or if you're going to keep it, stick to silver lounge. That's where the fun is.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    DELAY/LAG/CONNECTION ISSUES

IT'S THE SINGLE BIGGEST ISSUE FACING THE GAME YEAR ON YEAR YET NOTHING IS DONE
  • Miigue
    1250 posts Professional
    Good game, good promos, TERRIBLE gameplay and delay. I already stopped playing fifa
  • Still no Paul Gascoigne ...

.....but Dua Lipa is in the game .........so .....that happened 🤔
  • Sujitsky123
    2568 posts Fans' Favourite
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    After hanging up my boots and saying last year was my final year, I've been told I'm getting fifa 21 for Christmas 😂

What's the new meta?

Thanks all!

Read up the refund policy pls
  • AngryHawk
    334 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I know we say it ever year “Worst Fifa Ever...”

But this year takes the cake.

Servers as bad as they’ve ever been, No more fun SBCs (most are way overpriced), it’s all about pace (More than any other year), It’s 11v11 Volta (maybe you’ll like that, most don’t)
  • grogans_heroes
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game is okay...forum is the same either way...
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2020
    Small detail to add in case you're an icon slave like me. People are saying older icons like Gullit, Zidane, Henry, Rio, etc are playing better than last year but for some reason I think they're mostly all playing better than last year.

And some of the new icons are aces too so that's something to look forward to.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    GKs are non-existent, heading is back (not as in 19), play 2 STs or something with CAM
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I really appreciate it! Is heading really back? If so, I'm thrilled. I love heading in football and will enjoy whipping the ball in with Beckham onto Keiffer Moore's head 😂

I'm going to play very casually this year and not play weekend league and also not feel I have to complete every objective etc.

Are there any skill moves that are annoying as the drag back last year?

Also, what kind of player would be classed as unusable this year? Last year I think it was poor agility!
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Rivals has a cap. They added silver totw players to objectives. You can get a lot of good players doing friendlies. No more fitness cards. Save your loans for friendlies. Learn how to manually defend no more running around letting the ai defend. Pace is really strong this year. Use 442 or 4231.

Thanks! What's the friendlies thing?

I love that silvers are back. Charlie Adam from many years ago was one of my favourite players!
  • zoltaroman
    92 posts Park Captain
    Yeah 1 word, starts with S.
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    zoltaroman wrote: »
    Yeah 1 word, starts with S.

Sell the game

• Ben_Cheddar
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you pack Messi, sell him and buy adama traore
  • Springveldt
    6926 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2020
    Miigue wrote: »
    Good game, good promos, TERRIBLE gameplay and delay. I already stopped playing fifa
    Good promos? We are in the middle of what may be the worse promo ever.

The promos this year have been a shambles.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    Return it. Don’t get sucked in

This or if you're going to keep it, stick to silver lounge. That's where the fun is.

Silver lounge is stale. Same teams with drop back.
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    WelshXavi wrote: »

What's the new meta?

Thanks all!

This is the wrong FIFA to start with.. The game is broken and I don’t see it getting fixed.

• BadSeedsFC
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    Silver lounge is great. And that's it.
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    Not the most positive reviews 😂 luckily I'll be playing casually and won't be putting in enough hours to get frustrated.

Are individual icon sbc's back?
  • Lfc23
    3536 posts National Call-Up
    If your playing it casual you will enjoy it but if you let it take over ye life like some people on here you will hate it

• WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    Lfc23 wrote: »
    If your playing it casual you will enjoy it but if you let it take over ye life like some people on here you will hate it

Yeah. I just want to play with favourite players and will only do sbc's where I'm guaranteed the player I want.

Really hope scoring headers is a viable option this year!
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    Sounds like you’ll have fun with your approach. I'm having fun with it this year. The key to enjoying FIFA is to not take it so seriously, use the players you loved watching or still just enjoy irl and play just play because you enjoy the game of football, not because you need to win or for pack rewards.

Honestly, squad battles on World Class or higher against low chem squads IS the casual mode for FUT. That or offline draft and just enjoy. People get too hung up on pack rewards, sbcs, and objectives. Just play.
  • Finesse_4days
    17852 posts World Class
    Much better than last years snailed pace drag back possession meta, but that's just me as I like fast, agressive football and defending really rewards good reading of the game and timing too.

Also far as game mechanics go, far post power shots inside the box and chips are very strong, headers are manual aim and step overs are very overpowered. Weakfoot is also less important this year, thank God.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7909 posts League Winner
    Run!