Youth Squad Nationalities

L4r14m
798 posts Semi-Pro
Started a career with Cork. All players are Irish, except for one Kenyan guy. Or maybe I missed someone, but anyway. However, looking at my youth squad, in the beginning, there are around 8 players there, all from different countries. There’s folks there from Poland, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, France, etc. Now, that stretches imagination a little. 😂 For a team such as Cork, you’d expect the youth players to be local. Of course some might have non-Irish nationalities. But most of them should be Irish, I think.

A relatively minor thing. And maybe it’s not entirely trivial to fix this. I have no idea. Anyway, just thought that was a little silly.

Comments

• L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Likewise, you’d expect most of the youth players for League 2 teams to be English, and so on. Indeed, the same would apply to Barcelonas and PSGs. So maybe it would be relatively easy to fix - one could just have the starting players for the youth squads be mostly from the country of the team.
  • tristanenever
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    There are many small things like this that need addressing. Has anyone ever noticed that every single goalkeeper on the game has medium/medium work rates? Apart from regen and youth player goalkeepers of course.

The development plans are a massive step forward for me this year just because it is something new which is positive for a change. However, I don’t want all of my players to have 5 star skills, a 5 star weak foot and high/high work rates 😂 In fact, I don’t want any of them to have that but to focus training something specific, you almost have to. If I want to my winger to concentrate on his shooting, he’ll have to get a 5 star weak foot eventually which is silly. It’s the same with goalkeepers, I keep them on balanced no matter what because otherwise they’ll have a 5 star weak foot or a high defensive work rate, again, silly.
  • tristanenever
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Another couple of small things that annoy me are that the GTN scouts aren’t in order of ability and maybe that’s just an OCD thing but to me it’s laziness that they’re just randomly thrown in. In my opinion you should only be given 1 anyway if not none and have to buy your own staff. Not only that, their abilities usually exceed the clubs level. Most League 2 clubs will have 2-3 star scouts in both or either judgement and experience despite being a 1 star rated club.