Messi any good?

cdbuck26
3914 posts National Call-Up
Was wondering if he's fun to use this year, could I use him on the wing with a hunter or something of the sorts?

Comments

• EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    Highest rated player in the game better be good, right ?

999 agility and finishing.... of course he is good.
  • Tylercftla
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    his pace is his only downside. I use him in my team. Depending on what im playing I'll switch him out with Allesadrini each game
  • aladdin
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    his IF is absolutely glorious
  • toshimitzou2
    50 posts Park Captain
    Yes. best player of used by some distance.
  • cdbuck26
    3914 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »

I wanted to confirm, because everybody always complains about him being unusable, and I don't see his name used among the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, CR7, etc. in the game
  • Avit32
    1142 posts Professional
    cdbuck26 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »

I wanted to confirm, because everybody always complains about him being unusable, and I don't see his name used among the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, CR7, etc. in the game

messi was underwhelming for me. sure he has a magic left foot but he just didn't feel responsive to me. I felt like once he beat a player on the dribble he couldn't escape the recovery. that is where neymar shines. you dribble a guy and you're gone.
  • cfutter13
    1967 posts Fans' Favourite
    I rub my hands everytime I come against a Messi user. Have him in my back pocket every time. Haven't used him personally though.
  • limjitwe
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    He’s one of the best CCAMs without doubt
  • DrWorm
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    Was a general out there for me in 4411 as CF. He ran the show - for 50 mins even with stay forward. His stamina is what made me sell him otherwise i could see keeping him the whole year, but i couldnt justify hia cost for a player that doesnt last 2/3 of the game.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2020
    Messi as CF in the 433(5) in WL:

6 games, 5 wins
    Messi: 14 goals and 1 assists

I guess his finishing is on point :smile: Why assist with him when he just scores everything, right ?

And he lasts full game in the 433(5). Conservative interceptions, that´s it.
  • RayS
    35811 posts World Cup Winner
    He bad
  • Izzy2K17
    13653 posts Has That Special Something
    Just got him this week, best cam imo, is passing and dribbling are sublime, shooting is one of the best, even on his right, Pace hasn’t been an issue from cam with a hunter. The only downside imo is stamina
  • libertao
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    Avit32 wrote: »
    once he beat a player on the dribble he couldn't escape the recovery. that is where neymar shines. you dribble a guy and you're gone.

Yeah, that is exactly my problem with him so far. Does anyone think he "shines" on the wing? Even when I use that magical dribbling to beat the player, Mendy or Walker nearly always catch back up with him before he's in the box. Is he so good at CAM that it would be worth putting Neymar on the wing instead?
  • Trouwlaan013
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is it worth getting his IF or TOTGS over his NIF?
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something

Next goal he scores for Barca he should get a record breaker card for it so any current special cards will lose value.

Not used him this year though, just something to be aware of
  • Trouwlaan013
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park

Next goal he scores for Barca he should get a record breaker card for it so any current special cards will lose value.

That is actually a very good tip! Thanks you very much! 😉

• WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something

That is actually a very good tip! Thanks you very much! 😉

No worries 😃
  • libertao
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2020
    libertao wrote: »
    Is he so good at CAM that it would be worth putting Neymar on the wing instead?

Answering my own question, Messi is sooooooooooooooo so so much better at CAM.