Everton Football Club

Comments

• Gervonta
    3024 posts National Call-Up
    Where has the LVG rumour even surfaced from?

Everton sacked big Sam for his boring style of play I don’t think they’re going to settle for a bloke with an equally appalling philosophy.

Marco silva is still your best bet. If you guys hadn’t tapped him up and turned his head to begin with I think he’d have done well with watford.
  • ViVaWhom
    6793 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    if LVG is going to any english club this summer it would be Chelsea
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Where has the LVG rumour even surfaced from?

Everton sacked big Sam for his boring style of play I don’t think they’re going to settle for a bloke with an equally appalling philosophy.

Marco silva is still your best bet. If you guys hadn’t tapped him up and turned his head to begin with I think he’d have done well with watford.

Oh come on, he didn't suddenly forget how to coach because another club wanted him.

Marco Silva has been relegated and was set to be relegated again before he was sacked. He's the guy you want to hire when you are in danger in January, once that impact wears off you are done.

He's the Portuguese Pardiola.
  • Rajivvv86
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not sure why Sam got sacked. Sure their football wasn't attractive but this is Everton, who have traditionally been rubbish anyway. Not like they ever had a style. And they finished 8th! That's exceeding expectations for a club of their stature.
  • Bejore
    89 posts Park Captain
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    Not sure why Sam got sacked. Sure their football wasn't attractive but this is Everton, who have traditionally been rubbish anyway. Not like they ever had a style. And they finished 8th! That's exceeding expectations for a club of their stature.

It was far too boring. He'd done his job got us safe so should of played a more entertaining type of football, instead we'd have one shot on goal if we were lucky
  • Rajivvv86
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bejore wrote: »

It was far too boring. He'd done his job got us safe so should of played a more entertaining type of football, instead we'd have one shot on goal if we were lucky

Tosun has been very good though. What's the team's spine like? Barkley hasn't been a big loss and I feel Williams should go asap.
  • Rajivvv86
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Actually....the entire defense needs replacing. Baines and Coleman were great once but will need replacing in time to come.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    It is remarkable how a club can spend 200M and get significantly worse. The fact you still need to buy a whole new defence is just wow.. Has Walsh taken up huffing glue or something since he has left Leicester? His transfer strategy suggests that.

As for Allardyce, there is a reason to why the fanbase of every single club he manages ends up hating him. Good at what he does mind.

Post edited by IntoxicatedSeal on
  • Gervonta
    3024 posts National Call-Up
    It is remarkable how a club can spend 200M and get significantly worse. The fact you still need to buy a whole new defence is just wow.. Has Walsh taken up huffing glue or something since he has left Leicester? His transfer strategy suggests that.

As for Allardyce, there is a reason to why the fanbase of every single club he manages ends up hating him. Good at what he does mind.

Whole new defence ? Whole new team more like.

The transfer recuirtment was awful they purchased 3 players who all play the same position :lol: they loaned out lookman who’s being doing decent in Germany and Leipzig was to keep him.

Tbf Allardyce was brought in to keep them up and he got them 8th they shouldn’t hate him they should be grateful.

• Ahmer50x
    12076 posts Has That Special Something
    I think Pickford and Keane will prove good deals in the longer term.
  • Bejore
    89 posts Park Captain
    Bejore wrote: »

Tosun has been very good though. What's the team's spine like? Barkley hasn't been a big loss and I feel Williams should go asap.

Williams is awful. Baines needs replacing, williams and jagielka can go so a centre back is needed.. central midfielder is needed aswell. We basically need a whole new team haha
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Can you really afford it? Compared to many other owners in the league It's not like Moshiri is that loaded, he's certainly no Abramovich and you spent 200M last year, there is also FFP to take in to consideration and you are not going to recoup much from player sales.

Think you'll have to hope the newly promoted clubs are really naive to take some of that dead wood.

Not to mention you are trying to fund that stadium.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    Our net spend was only about £55 mill last year. And that’s not even including sponsoring from Usmanov for finch farm which was about 80 mill I think.
    Most of the funding is in place for the stadium from borough council who will make 7mill a year of the low interest loan.
    Everton certainly don’t have any issues withFFP
  • Rajivvv86
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Marco Silva is your new manager.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Let’s hope silva turns to gold. (I’ll grab my coat)
  • Ahmer50x
    12076 posts Has That Special Something
    “with Farhad's vigorous patronage we are looking forward to the three M's, Marco Marcel and Moshiri, help take the Blues back to their rightful position among football's elite."

So cringe :lol:
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Mmm m+m’s , could eat them now.
  • Bejore
    89 posts Park Captain
    Gonna be boss Marco. Made up me
  • Sabo
    6810 posts Big Money Move
    Enjoy Andre Carrillo lads
  • Rhodesia
    776 posts Semi-Pro
    Fifa, uefa, Whoever You ARE. You need to step in and put in place a transfer ban on this moronic club. Throwing serious money at awful players is only going to skew the transfer market for actual big clubs.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Oh my god...
    50M..... My sides..... I can't even.....

I would struggle to justify a tenth of that...
  • Rajivvv86
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol 50m. Wtf.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Everton with money are somehow far worse then Everton with no money...

Spending world class money on relegation fodder players.
  • Rajivvv86
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Digne to Everton. Good signing for a change.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    I thought we had a good window. Still going to take us a while to gel tho.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Mina apparently has a rather interesting buy-back clause. One that is really not good for Everton.
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    Mina apparently has a rather interesting buy-back clause. One that is really not good for Everton.
    If he's any good we get a couple of years service and double our money.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    If he's any good we get a couple of years service and double our money.

It is a bit of a lose/lose . Given the insane rising cost of decent defenders his buy back clause is not that big and if he does flop then you wasted 30m....

You are practically being Barca's academy for him.
  • arsenalap
    3507 posts National Call-Up
    Walcott's doing well, happy to see
  • Rajivvv86
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    How does your fifa 19 squad look like? Shocked to see Mina with less than 60 pace.