Something must be done about quitting while winning.

V l u m s d e n
2369 posts Fans' Favourite
edited December 2020
This is getting pathetic, I fully understand why people quit also message others to quit if they are willing but if the opponent doesn’t want to quit and play the person who quits shouldn’t get the result. I had it a few times and yes I might of conceded a goal 1st but that don’t mean that you are entitled to the win. Ea putting objectives in friendlies isn’t correct especially due to this. A simple solution to this is to make the game mode golden goal and if that was the mode then everyone would have to accept it and I for one would.

Comments

• WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Why don’t you just play a classic friendly instead of the one specifically made for objectives.

• V l u m s d e n
    Because I’m doing the objectives but I’m not an impatient prat who quits, there’s 19 days or something.
  • Diddymow
    2733 posts Fans' Favourite
    First sort out the self relegators so I can have fair matches.
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you are not in a rush like the impatient prats then what’s the problem? Eventually you’ll get your 30 full 90 min games in 👍
  • V l u m s d e n
    Guvnor wrote: »
    If you are not in a rush like the impatient prats then what’s the problem? Eventually you’ll get your 30 full 90 min games in 👍

The problem was clearly mention 👏
  • spy
    2334 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you quit while you are winning you don’t get a win. I can see the frustration of not being able to play a full game but not sure I understand the point you are making.
  • V l u m s d e n
    edited December 2020
    spy wrote: »
    If you quit while you are winning you don’t get a win. I can see the frustration of not being able to play a full game but not sure I understand the point you are making.

I wasn’t aware of not getting the result, but it shouldn’t go against the person who is willing to play. It was clear enough and that ea should make these objective golden goal system.
  • spy

I wasn’t aware of not getting the result, but it shouldn’t go against the person who is willing to play. It was clear enough and that ea should make these objective golden goal system.

It doesn’t really go against you but I think maybe the best solution is if you forfeit a game you have to wait 15 mins before being able to play another one. That would put people off quitting as it would no longer save you any time.

I can see there being some really annoying requirements for the next swaps to prevent this, e.g. score in 20 games instead of winning 6.
  • Seanregal
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite

It doesn’t really go against you but I think maybe the best solution is if you forfeit a game you have to wait 15 mins before being able to play another one. That would put people off quitting as it would no longer save you any time.

I can see there being some really annoying requirements for the next swaps to prevent this, e.g. score in 20 games instead of winning 6.
    Was thinking the same thing. EA don't like this golden goal stuff and will find a way to prevent it.
  • Lfc23
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    Am not doing swaps haven’t got the time but I don’t see why ye moaning

It’s faster and less stress for everyone
  • V l u m s d e n

There’s another solution also a good 1, it does go against you though as for an example: my opponent snaps me from behind to prevent me going onto a scoring opportunity after 20th min as it’s been a tight match, then they go and get a goal then quit it’s wasted a bit of your time and it just shouldn’t be like this. Everyone has a quitting point but it’s the people who expect and demand there opponent quits after 1 goal then quits themselves that’s wrong.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diddymow wrote: »
    First sort out the self relegators so I can have fair matches.

100 % mate
  • zambrotta619
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is the issue with the ‘community’.
    EA creates good fun mode for better players
    Community acts like spoilt children
    Ea has to put rules in place to prevent idiocy
    Community then moans
    Ea add objectives back in with modified rules which are not as fun as originally created.
    Community then continues to moan
  • spy

There’s another solution also a good 1, it does go against you though as for an example: my opponent snaps me from behind to prevent me going onto a scoring opportunity after 20th min as it’s been a tight match, then they go and get a goal then quit it’s wasted a bit of your time and it just shouldn’t be like this. Everyone has a quitting point but it’s the people who expect and demand there opponent quits after 1 goal then quits themselves that’s wrong.

Yeah that’s a fair point. I had a game yesterday where my opponent conceded a penalty and got the defender sent off and disconnected before I could take the penalty :/
  • oneskyworld
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lfc23 wrote: »
    Am not doing swaps haven’t got the time but I don’t see why ye moaning

It’s faster and less stress for everyone

I agree it's a convenience for lots of people. But can't force your own rule upon people.
  • FryingPan
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Why isn’t the most obvious, and in my opinion the only right, solution mentioned? If you quit fine for you but the win should be granted to the opponent.
  • Diddymow
    2733 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the issue with the ‘community’.
    EA creates good fun mode for better players
    Community acts like spoilt children
    Ea has to put rules in place to prevent idiocy
    Community then moans
    Ea add objectives back in with modified rules which are not as fun as originally created.
    Community then continues to moan

It's almost as if the community is a large population of people with different views and opinions. Can't please everyone but the way they've done it now seems to only upset a small minority.