ICON SBCs with Required ICONS

Peewee916
1232 posts Play-Off Hero
When do you think we’ll see a big ICON SBC that requires ICONS?

R9, R10, Vieira, Gullit, Cruyff, Cantona, Eto, Pele, Lahm, Ect.

Comments

• TDOF
    8995 posts League Winner
    June/July
  • CITYTIANB
    948 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »
    June/July

I think around ,arch/April drain clubs before the lead up to TOTS keep FP ticking over for fodder
  • Hammer316
    3492 posts National Call-Up
    TDOF wrote: »
    June/July

I hope it's not that long. I'm already done with my base petit from the sbc 🙈
  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    Ronaldinho tonight . 8 icons
  • Laker62
    1996 posts Fans' Favourite
    It will be a while... however I can see a mid tier drop today/tomorrow. Someone like Mid Seedorf or mid Henry
  • gizzzzy
    710 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2020
    They will bring some semi good icons first, so you put youre trash icons in.Only to put the new one in to a top tier one.
  • Peewee916
    1232 posts Play-Off Hero
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    They will bring some semi good icons first, so you put youre trash icons in.Only to put the new one in to a top tier one.
    Sounds plausible @gizzzzy currently reinvested in 87s at 24k each got about 90 plus 5 giggs all at 200k
  • No.

Last year they made a point of saying something along the lines of "Icons weren't designed to be discarded into SBC's" when they announced that they were removing individual Icon SBC's from FIFA 20.

Therefore to specifically require Icons once again for SBC's doesn't seem likely.
  • Peewee916
    1232 posts Play-Off Hero
    No.

Last year they made a point of saying something along the lines of "Icons weren't designed to be discarded into SBC's" when they announced that they were removing individual Icon SBC's from FIFA 20.

Therefore to specifically require Icons once again for SBC's doesn't seem likely.
    heard that they made it official that by ICONs would be required at some point for IVON SBCs I may be mistaken tho

@CheekyFreakOfTheWeek
  • CarpeDiem
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    No.

"ICONs may be used as requirements in SBCs."

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/pitch-notes-fut21-launch-update

100% they'll use them imo
  • gizzzzy
    710 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Peewee916 wrote: »
    No.

heard that they made it official that by ICONs would be required at some point for IVON SBCs I may be mistaken tho

@CheekyFreakOfTheWeek

They said it iconsbcs "might" require an icon.
    But they also said all icons will be released in either a swap or an sbc. And they wont put top tier icons in swaps, so pretty sure the sbcs will require icons at some point
  • Peewee916
    1232 posts Play-Off Hero
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    Peewee916 wrote: »
    No.

@CheekyFreakOfTheWeek

They said it iconsbcs "might" require an icon.
    But they also said all icons will be released in either a swap or an sbc. And they wont put top tier icons in swaps, so pretty sure the sbcs will require icons at some point
    Interesting, I can definitely see giggs n laudrup hitting 300-350 if a player like Gullit or Vieira drop but who knows how long you’ll have to wait to profit knowing ea 😑

@gizzzzy @CarpeDiem
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    Wouldn't surprise me if they made icon requirement for some icon sbcs this time to force everyone to play game for swaps im nabbing a cheap on now just incase lol
  • Coderood
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    After TOTS and Summerheat we will get the big boys. Patience until then 😊
  • Mincepie171286
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The thing that really annoys me about the pointless icons is not that they are not usable or even what they are worth it’s the fact that they are hardly packed.

If they are not needed for icon SBCs until super late in the game increase the pack weight on the bottom tier ones

Inzaghi nests vieri litmanen etc wouldn’t make most people’s benches but how hard is it to increase the weight of these even if it’s only in untraceable packs.

I see so many posts saying never packed an icon in 5/6/7 years of FUT.

Last year I got my first two very late on PIM giggs and prime gerrard. Nothing great but the buzz of packing an icon is something that even packing mbappe can’t recreate.

This year I’ve packed mid eto’o which is an even bigger buzz ha.

But 3 icons in total is quite low consider I used to smash Fifa points non stop