Pope really better than Alisson/Ederson?

Vezzo
1680 posts Play-Off Hero
Have all 3 of them untradeable and can't see much difference tbh although Ederson seems the worst of the lot.
Your experiences?

Comments

• Jsim86
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    Pope is awful
  • HyperOCD
    1918 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes.. had Allison changed to pope and yes he's better and cheaper
  • BluenoseDave72
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just played a game there and was using Ter Stegen and absolutely brutal

Nick pope ive been using myself and absolutely unreal. Some of the saves he makes you would expect higher rated cards to make aswell but they don't

Question has to be asked why is this the case since higher rated cards have much better stats
  • phil_88
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Seems like all keepers have suddenly gone bad, played a few games today using my rttf oblak after being away for a couple of days and not playing, hes been terrible couldn't stop anything
  • Mincepie171286
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Every keeper is bad but pope is alright:

I’ll only every replace him if I need to for chem.
  • Loco_kniene
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Pope was awful for me. Don't understand the hype about him.

By far the worst goalie I've used this FUT
  • dynamosheva1
    1121 posts Professional
    Allison is class , I think they patched up Pope
  • Destin8or
    5826 posts Big Money Move
    I use Areola, high rated keepers are a waste of time, as long as they are rated above 80 I don't see alot of difference.
  • Mounaldo
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've been pretty happy with Aitor, but he gets beaten at the near post at little too often.
  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nope, he's not. It's the Butland thing again, doesn't make much sense.
  • SaintInExile
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's probably because he's very tall so a lot of shots hit him. I think he's slightly harder to lob because of this, too.
  • Toonleew
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    Jsim86 wrote: »
    Pope is awful

EA brainwashed
  • Toonleew
    Pope IS better than both. I’m using all 3
  • DIXON THFC
    3788 posts National Call-Up
    Ter Stegen is still the best IMO.

But as stated, the are all generally 6 of 1, 1/2 a dozen of the other.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Pope is kinda OP.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1655 posts Play-Off Hero
    phil_88 wrote: »
    Seems like all keepers have suddenly gone bad, played a few games today using my rttf oblak after being away for a couple of days and not playing, hes been terrible couldn't stop anything

Using him as well. Seems like any high shot he saves. Anything waist and below goes in.
  • Vezzo
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    Best I used is MATS but now I need chem for Walker CB and have all of those untradeable so was trying not to be biased because Alisson SHOULD be better (if rating means anything) but in game he saves or flops and as someone said Pope looks like a lump, picks the ball on corners and shots just hit him.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    I've used Maignan for ages, not because I think he's op, but just because keepers are pointless spending coin on.

I played a game earlier and he was like spiderman, so much so that I won a game that I easily should have lost 5-0.

The next game I should have won by at least 5, but Maignan left his gloves in the tunnel and I lost.

Even after tots you could use a 46 rated keeper and get the same results. Put Mertens in net, I swear you'll get the same results.
  • Mr. Soper
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    Poor is awful. But not much different between any keepers
  • Toonleew
    The truth is. There isn’t hardly any difference between Pope and Allison. I actually feel more confident with pope in goal than Allison or Ederson. Anyone that tells you otherwise is EA brainwashed. Got to love em tommyboyo
  • Pewdiepie
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ive stuck with Ederson 89 red this whole Fifa..what I like about him are his traits always wanted to upgrade to Alisson and had Pope at start..but idk Ederson has been solid for me ..he has saved me countless games ..pope is decent he is more for ppl who manually move the keeper because of height and saves with feet trait.
  • Toonleew
    It’s funny as I have Ederson in goal at the moment. Pope hasn’t played for approx 20 games and I honestly don’t feel any big difference between them or any keeper. Ederson will be used in the next SBC I fancy doing as there isn’t any point in keepers.
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    Pope is better than Oblak and Courtois for me. haven't used Ederson or Allisson
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Nah totw Ederson is the kepper in the game if you know how to move Gks
  • djnition
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alisson pulls off some right stops even when hes rushing out and a chip is attempted he gets a hand onit quite often
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im saying nothing as the last thread on this guy in Fifa20 got me a one week ban.
  • Seanregal
    1955 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm sure theres a joke about the pope, the father, the son and the goalie post in here.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7932 posts League Winner
    Pope is the best keeper I’ve ever used on any fifa.
  • JT_cfc
    1049 posts Professional
    All goalies are the same. Tried Ter Stegen, Alisson, Yashin, Ederson, Courtois, Pope. They will have their moments and make some breath-taking saves, and in the very next game they cant even save a word document. Just go with a tall goalie that fit your CB's chem.