Pope isn't just hype, he's actually good

sturges12345
4507 posts National Call-Up
So i was rocking my IF Red Leno. And the guy was awful, didn't save any shots including ones straight at him. Since I bought Pope, I haven't conceded any corners, he made quit a few outstanding saves on 1 v 1s as well. The game is broken for sure as he seems to be better than 91 Oblak even though he is 82 rated

Comments

• Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just watched him on match of the day. EA need to add the save with ❤️❤️❤️❤️ trait immediately.
  • Moose Factory
    6207 posts Big Money Move
    Well sure, until a 600k Butland flashback moments is released.
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    He is tall and have save with feet trait.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7853 posts League Winner
    Used him in managerial masterpiece. Best keeper I’ve ever used on any fifa.
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    he is the new Butland
  • maximilson
    977 posts Professional
    So i was rocking my IF Red Leno. And the guy was awful, didn't save any shots including ones straight at him. Since I bought Pope, I haven't conceded any corners, he made quit a few outstanding saves on 1 v 1s as well. The game is broken for sure as he seems to be better than 91 Oblak even though he is 82 rated

I've been using Oblak since the start and you could'nt be more right. Despite beeing 91 rated, he feels like an 75. The last two WL games I faced Pope and the number of ridiculous saves he made was incredible, almost inhuman.
  • Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's one of them that against me is brilliant. Then when i try him he turns into a 6 foot 6 ghost.
  • Loco_kniene
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    Sums up the state of the game. Just the same as 75 shooting stats players scoring for fun
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    the better goalies like Oblak and Neuer seem worse than normal GK this year I played with several La Liga goalies like Asenjo Vacklik as well as Pope and all are great
  • Loco_kniene
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    @tzinc ridiculous ain't it.
  • Fifapayne
    6005 posts Big Money Move
    He’s horrible for me
  • Burchy
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2020
    Was awful for me. Will give him another chance at some point tomorrow after a lot of you rave about him.

Any particular Chem style?
  • Mill1
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Might get him and build a new team around him. Courtois must be a ghost that can't hold solid objects. Cannot be 89 rated.
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    Wait till you lot use him in next gen hes even better
  • Gnomenclature
    8200 posts League Winner
    I submitted my untradeable Alisson into an sbc and will just use Pope for now. He's on par or better imo.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Laugh that people still think there is a difference in keepers.

It's just an algorithim.
  • rmoxon
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    He’s just more proof that stats don’t mean anything in this game.
  • rmoxon
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    Sums up the state of the game. Just the same as 75 shooting stats players scoring for fun
    Yesterday I was playing against a guy who had Kante with a Shadow (which means he had 66 shooting) and he he scored against me from about 40 yards out.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    I played someone with Oscar in goal and Alison Becker up front last week.

Oscar had a blinder and Alisson banged in a last minute equaliser for 3-3, after slaloming through my defence!
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    The placebo effect is real with this one.
  • andreens
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect

Did you tried him?He's in my team and l agree with OP , he's a best GK in the game.
  • aep
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ive tried him and he is not as good as oblak,ive used him with basic chem style unless it should be with another chem style?
  • KeyCat
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing against a guy who had Kante with a Shadow (which means he had 66 shooting) and he he scored against me from about 40 yards out.

But that should happen sometimes, anyone can hit a lucky shot especially if they have space to line it up etc,
  • Jsim86
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    Lol anyone who thinks pope is good is mental. I love coming up against him he makes mistakes all the time. Especially when running out of goal to try and intercept long balls.
  • Avit32
    1215 posts Professional
    Every time I’ve faced him he’s been nothing special. My nemesis is ederson.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    andreens wrote: »

Did you tried him?He's in my team and l agree with OP , he's a best GK in the game.

The more people that use him, the more he is seen in game, the more people notice him make saves, the more they think he's overpowered. It's nothing more than psychological.

It's the same reason everyone thought Butland was overpowered...it wasn't that he was, it's just some YouTuber said so and then he was in every team.

If enough people believe something, it feels like it's true and people drink the kool aid.
  • Avit32
    1215 posts Professional

The more people that use him, the more he is seen in game, the more people notice him make saves, the more they think he's overpowered. It's nothing more than psychological.

It's the same reason everyone thought Butland was overpowered...it wasn't that he was, it's just some YouTuber said so and then he was in every team.

If enough people believe something, it feels like it's true and people drink the kool aid.

This will go over most sheep’s heads lol.
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up

Disagree. Butland was definitely overpowered
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    Hugo Lloris has always been my most hated keeper in any fifa, always causes me problems and when I have him he’s useless for me.

Pope seems good this year but I don’t face him too often

• andreens
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect

Ok l exaggerated when l said he's the best gk in the game.I didn't tried any icon gk,but l have tried Oblak,Ter Stegen,Handanovic,Donnarumma and De Gea and Pope is better then all of them for me.