Next Gen FIFA Thread

Benn
3388 posts National Call-Up
How you guys found it so far? Can’t wait to get home and try it

Looks amazing

Comments

• Benn
    3388 posts National Call-Up
    @WFCBagnall can you delete the other 2, done it again!
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    Going to start playing tonight. Not played yet except a few mins in the game it chucks you into when you first load up. I dont think i can be doing with that camera angle, not online anyway :joy:
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    Looks like a graphically enhanced game. Everything looks brighter and more vivid. Kits look brilliant. The grass colour is much improved. All round appears much nicer on the eye. It certainly strikes you right away. So far so good with it.
  • Shaanxz
    22480 posts Club Captain
    Seen Castro was saying next gen is two patches behind
  • Sercs
    20610 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Seen Castro was saying next gen is two patches behind

Feels that way
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Might be a daft question but Anyone know what camera angle I should switch it too, to make it back to the last gen settings?

Iv never even looked at camera angles so no idea what it should be.
  • Skorpio_King
    8263 posts League Winner
    I went back and forth from next gen gameplay to old gen gameplay. I like the old gen gameplay more. Maybe its cause next gen is 2 patches behind the old gen. Old gen feels alot faster imo. Players on next gen is smooth but a hella lot slower. I hate it
  • Sercs
    20610 posts Club Captain
    Guvnor wrote: »
    Might be a daft question but Anyone know what camera angle I should switch it too, to make it back to the last gen settings?

Iv never even looked at camera angles so no idea what it should be.

Default 👍
  • HBG-unit
    1051 posts Professional
    Anyone know if I can go back n forth ps5 to ps4 if matchmaking is an issue with Weekend league
  • Salty P3anut
    12234 posts Has That Special Something
    HBG-unit wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can go back n forth ps5 to ps4 if matchmaking is an issue with Weekend league

I think you can yeah
  • Danic123
    3784 posts National Call-Up
    HBG-unit wrote: »

I can play either version on the Series X 👍
  • Salty P3anut
    12234 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2020
    Wrong thread
  • jpsblue
    9106 posts League Winner
    It's absolutely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on PS. Was at my mates last night, we got ONE rivals game in, rest was stuck on initializing causing us to have to close the game and re-open it. tried for an hour after our first rivals game but it kept freezing on that screen after.

went back to PS4 version and it worked fine.
  • Danic123
    3784 posts National Call-Up
    Haven’t had an issue getting games, but it’s outdated and needs a patch. I’m back on the old gen.
  • Khangaskhan17
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    Just got my Series X!

Edit: figured out how to access both now
    Post edited by Khangaskhan17 on
  • Kaspani
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just got my new Xbox yesterday, played a few rivals games last night. Really enjoyed it but at times it felt like a completely different game! Maybe it’s down to lack of patches but the games felt so open, so far so good. Played ratings between 1350 and 1600 though so matchmaking was defo hit and miss
  • Guvnor
    You like to kick it long and sprint then. 🤦🏻‍♂️.
  • Kaspani
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Guvnor wrote: »
    You like to kick it long and sprint then. 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Is that to me? Do please explain
  • Ian_Ando08
    13229 posts Has That Special Something
    apart from blocks gameplay on series x is fine people just love an excuse
  • Khangaskhan17
    Just played a dozen matches last night on the XSX. Felt like a different game. Gameplay was so fast (not sure if it’s because there are less people on next gen).

Everyone seems to have mega teams though.
  • Ian_Ando08
    13229 posts Has That Special Something
    Just played a dozen matches last night on the XSX. Felt like a different game. Gameplay was so fast (not sure if it’s because there are less people on next gen).

basically anyone who got it seems to be a try hard
  • Khangaskhan17
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

basically anyone who got it seems to be a try hard

Played a few guys with Ronaldo and friends who still dropped back to counter all game. I have a cruddy 100k Bundesliga team on my Xbox account. It was quite sad. :sweat_smile:
  • Khangaskhan17
    Early impressions on XSX after a dozen matches:

Pros:
    - I really like the micro-movements when left stick dribbling. I felt less magnetized to defenders when they pressed.
    - Game speed was really fast (maybe I just had a good connection / good gameplay last night)
    - the ball travels faster
    - it can be harder to defend pace as the pitch feels more wide and open
    - finishing feels cleaner and more predictable (I could tell when I had my angles off which might just be because I do prefer the xbox sticks for feedback. Was playing on PS before)
    - player switching was much easier
    - menus are rapid
    - most importantly, my Lewandowski was dominating

Cons:
    - dribbling and ball control felt more simulation but the fast game speed can make it feel more arcadey at times.
    - it seems there are more animations when dribbling but that in turn makes it harder to take the ball off of players with high pace and dribbling. They feel even more over-powered on next gen.
    - match-making is a hot mess; you could play someone 2000 points above or below you

Overall:
    - It felt like a very fast version of Seasons gameplay because of how fast it plays. On offense, I was able to hit passing lanes more easily cause the pitch feels more open but on defense it felt more difficult to defend pacey dribblers. However, since player switching feels more responsive, I was able to get to the right defenders quicker. Once I get a better defensive line on my Xbox account it'll be easier to tell more about how defensive marking is on next gen.
  • Guvnor
    It’s exactly the same game but a few patches behind, and those patches have made all the difference to the gameplay, the reason Adama traora and Joe Gomez where so meta at the start of the game is because it was as arcadey as possible with the best tactic being to play 424, defend all game and just boot it down the wings, run and score. If you liked that, then fine, but to me it wasn’t football and it wasn’t fun, Iv been a fifa player for years and a regular gold 1 player so not great but not rubbish either, I was getting turned over by players who where simply not as good as me but had the faster players and just played the long ball, now with the most recent patches my defenders seem to be able to negate this effect better, and I manual tackle a lot so I’m not talking about the ai blocks but more the defenders movement and positioning. at least for now I feel the xs is not as good as the last gen version. But each to there own and the joy about it is you can play the new version if you want and I can play the old version until the patches catch up, so all’s good.
  • Khangaskhan17
    edited December 2020
    Can we no longer access previous gen on XSX? I was able to yesterday but can’t anymore.