When to buy my team?

BondJame5Collins
2716 posts Fans' Favourite
Sorry, i know this is a boring question but i'm indecisive about when i should pull the trigger on some players. Part of me is saying just buy them and try to enjoy the same. The other part is saying learn from your mistakes and hold off a few weeks, save coins while you have them. These are the big investments i'm looking at:

- NIF CR7
- Mid Matthaus
- Mid Raul

What do you think, are these likely to crash big or hold around a similar price? I don't mind losing 100k on each player.

Comments

• CarpeDiem
    3424 posts National Call-Up
    Somewhere between mid December and TOTY will be the cheapest point.

Looking at Mbappe last year he was

950k end of November
    750k Xmas day
    620k on January 5th (Lowest point until March)
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    I just sold my whole team, i think players will start falling of a cliff soon, probably when icon swaps come out or when futmas starts.
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    There could be a big crash comming if icon swaps is released in early December. Lots of people will grind objectives for tokens and last year it was first owner cards required.

If this happens people will sell their teams to play with first owner squads. Someone posted a graph of Neymar tanking in the first two weeks of December last year. Could be worth waiting to see what the swaps obj are first.
  • BondJame5Collins
    Thanks guys. I guess i'll wait. I might get CR7 and Raul as CR7 will stay the course and Raul isn't that much. Matthaus is a placeholder until Ruud or someone like that drops in price so i don't want to lose too much on him.
  • MurkingFools
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    personally i would buy and enjoy, but also always sell before a crash

• mhh1981
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    TDOF wrote: »
    I just sold my whole team, i think players will start falling of a cliff soon, probably when icon swaps come out or when futmas starts.

This. Drop will happen in next 2wks
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am just playing with untradeable cards at the moment. I will be looking to buy icons in July when they will hopefully be quite cheap.
  • D0lvl
    5027 posts Big Money Move

Yup.

I sold all my starter tradeables as well. Luckily I managed to pull untradeables versions of some players in my squad with the upgrade SBCs.

• BondJame5Collins
    I think i'm going to get C.Ronaldo and Renato Sanches today. It could be that both Bruno and Felix get POTM cards so i think Ronaldo and Sanches will go up or at least hold over this month.
  • Swanz05
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2020

Same here fwiw. Next big crash will be primes in the middle of the month if last year's anything to go by. Mainly referring to icons though.