5 days till Next Gen FIFA, what we thinking?

Comments

• Johno7256
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tbh. I have been through enough Gen consoles to know nothing will be any better. If anything it will be far worse
  • TDOF
    8058 posts League Winner
    Hope for the best, expecting the worst
    Johno7256 wrote: »
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tbh. I have been through enough Gen consoles to know nothing will be any better. If anything it will be far worse

Tbf i think fifa 14 on next was actually very good, one of the few FIFA’s which i actually liked
  • Ashy
    16354 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    I feel like it will definitely 'feel' different and better than current gen. More responsive and extra animations help. Looking forward to seeing how the haptic feedback works.

Fifa 22 people say will be the big leap but is it confirmed EA have a new engine ready to go and fifa 22 is using that new engine? I know Battlefield is supposed to be out next year around November with the new engine
  • TDOF
    8058 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    I feel like it will definitely 'feel' different and better than current gen. More responsive and extra animations help. Looking forward to seeing how the haptic feedback works.

Fifa 22 people say will be the big leap but is it confirmed EA have a new engine ready to go and fifa 22 is using that new engine? I know Battlefield is supposed to be out next year around November with the new engine

dont think its confirmed.

What i wish EA would tell us is how many of those "700 new animations" are actually purely for gameplay itself.

Because so far all they've shown us is hair moving and muscle flexes 😂
  • YidArmy
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »
    Looks like we’ll be playing with a deflated ball too

CF77-E4-EA-BED9-485-C-AE6-E-47-CD1-B940-D9-C.jpg

I honestly thought you had written 'Ball Deformation' on there yourself, then I watched the video you posted 🤣.

If these are the kind of 'enhancements' they are advertising for next gen, then I fear thats going to be as good as it gets. Just new visual improvements, zero additional gameplay improvemts.
  • TDOF
    8058 posts League Winner
    YidArmy wrote: »
    TDOF wrote: »
    Looks like we’ll be playing with a deflated ball too

CF77-E4-EA-BED9-485-C-AE6-E-47-CD1-B940-D9-C.jpg

I honestly thought you had written 'Ball Deformation' on there yourself, then I watched the video you posted 🤣.

If these are the kind of 'enhancements' they are advertising for next gen, then I fear thats going to be as good as it gets. Just new visual improvements, zero additional gameplay improvemts.

Lol yeah they're actually advertising "ball deformation" 😂

this is the only thing i seen them mention about gameplay

adNevIW.png
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    Are the servers spilt if so that's the only thing that could make a difference.
  • TDOF
    8058 posts League Winner
    NornIron wrote: »
    Are the servers spilt if so that's the only thing that could make a difference.

i'd imagine they would have to be, since you can't match people cross gen....

• Ashy
    16354 posts World Class
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Speaking of on the pitch, FIFA 21 next-gen has responsive multi-touch animations. What this means is players have animations that involve touching the ball multiple times, which in turn should improve responsiveness.

In the past, EA Sports prioritised short animations to give the player a responsive experience. The problem with short animations is that you lose some visual fidelity, as you don't get the beginning of an animation where you would see the player really getting into position to, for example, shoot.

Long animations look better, as it encapsulates the motion EA Sports captures from real humans. But, long animations can make the player feel like they're stuck in an animation for too long - and then they get tackled and the whole thing feels unresponsive.

On next-gen, EA Sports has added long animations that have multiple contact points. So, the player is contacting the ball more than once. If there's a need to transition into another animation because, say, the situation in the game has changed, FIFA 21 can make that transition because it's sampling every animation every frame. EA Sports players will notice this most when controlling a lofted pass on the chest, where the player touches the ball multiple times as they bring it under control.

Also

FIFA 21 next-gen also has ball compression. This tech shows the football compress as it's hit by the player, which adds a sense of weight to the ball, Rivera said.

"The ball is being contacted by the foot of the player, for longer," he said. "It used to be just one frame. In one frame the ball starts moving in the direction of the shot. But now as you will see here, it shows the ball stays longer with the foot, which means you feel that sense of weight on the ball, which creates a more authentic experience."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-24-heres-everything-new-for-fifa-21-on-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-and-s
  • Thehubby
    1978 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will the ps5 and ps4 still be on the same market?
  • Ashy
    16354 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Thehubby wrote: »
    Will the ps5 and ps4 still be on the same market?

Yeah and top 200 WL will be too not sure about other stuff, people with ps5 can literally switch from PS5 to PS4 version and play a WL game against PS4 oppenents then switch back to PS5 version and it instantly updates, it's just a case EA doesn't want PS5 players playing against PS4 players with the new next gen additions but the market is shared
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7449 posts League Winner
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    I personally think there is a good chance the ps5 version will have more bugs and have worse gameplay than the PS4 version.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7449 posts League Winner
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Off-Ball Humanization

From tiredly adjusting shin pads in the 89th minute to screaming for a through ball from a team mate, Off-Ball Humanization creates visual animation texture and authentic character behaviours that let you feel all the emotion of football at the highest level.

Can’t wait for for my guy to stop his run through on goal in the 90th minute to adjust his shin guard.
  • grogans_heroes
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm hoping the sweat is so real that it actually shows a trail on the pitch when I play the meta-lovers. I was hoping the friendlies arena would go back to the 1st few weeks, but given the sweat-ers are likely botters as well, they all got the PS5 already...
  • TDOF
    8058 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    Speaking of on the pitch, FIFA 21 next-gen has responsive multi-touch animations. What this means is players have animations that involve touching the ball multiple times, which in turn should improve responsiveness.

In the past, EA Sports prioritised short animations to give the player a responsive experience. The problem with short animations is that you lose some visual fidelity, as you don't get the beginning of an animation where you would see the player really getting into position to, for example, shoot.

Long animations look better, as it encapsulates the motion EA Sports captures from real humans. But, long animations can make the player feel like they're stuck in an animation for too long - and then they get tackled and the whole thing feels unresponsive.

On next-gen, EA Sports has added long animations that have multiple contact points. So, the player is contacting the ball more than once. If there's a need to transition into another animation because, say, the situation in the game has changed, FIFA 21 can make that transition because it's sampling every animation every frame. EA Sports players will notice this most when controlling a lofted pass on the chest, where the player touches the ball multiple times as they bring it under control.

Also

FIFA 21 next-gen also has ball compression. This tech shows the football compress as it's hit by the player, which adds a sense of weight to the ball, Rivera said.

"The ball is being contacted by the foot of the player, for longer," he said. "It used to be just one frame. In one frame the ball starts moving in the direction of the shot. But now as you will see here, it shows the ball stays longer with the foot, which means you feel that sense of weight on the ball, which creates a more authentic experience."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-24-heres-everything-new-for-fifa-21-on-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-and-s

It does sound very good... on paper
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    They keep promising better manual tackling yet the game relies heavily on AI defending.

When will we see the removable of AI defending and only manual for online play.