WTF is going on with WL?

MUFC_420
2924 posts Fans' Favourite
edited November 2020
So only started playing last Saturday have a 1.4m team and skill rating around 1400 and I literally can't get a win in WL at all. Currently 0-5 and most games have lost by 1 goal and 1 even on pens.

So is rivals alot easier and WL alot harder? No point me wasting time playing 30 games a weekend if I'm being matched with either people alot better than me or I just can't win in WL. May aswell stick with rivals. If I don't hit minimum 11 wins im seriously done with this mode and it's broken matchmaking.

And the rewards aren't worth playing 30 games unless you're getting Elite 1+. Really starting to question if it's time to play FUT but not WL. Never get anything worthwhile with reds any year anyway. Well rant over but seems extremely hard or else I just know the mechanics yet and 1400 skill rating is actually bad this year
Post edited by MUFC_420 on

Comments

• ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    I stopped in WL, somehow got worse between FIFA20 and FIFA21 as well as what appears to be a much better calibre of opposition.

I stick with div 3/4 rivals for now, some squad battles and use my weekend time for objectives.
  • MUFC_420
    Yeah going to keep the weekends for cod I think as I've neglected it for a full week lol
  • Maro6590
    1051 posts Professional
    Are you constantly Grinding rivals? Just want to know how to evaluate your skill points.

You are playing the whole game or quit if you are losing?

With a skill-Rating of 1400 you should end S1 or G3. So at a current record of 0-6 it‘s still possible.

But don‘t Quit if you are Losing! A rage quit doesn‘t count as a loss in your matchmaking for WL!
  • YidArmy
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you've only just started are you aware that WL games use up your Rivals games? Can be hard to get rank 1 on rivals if you haven't got some rivals games in already to boost your points.
  • djnition
    1726 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its not about rage quitting they have made changes for certain top players are not performing the delay is unreal only difference is theres no lag
  • MUFC_420
    Got my first win was actually 0-5 now 1-5. Every year from FIFA began I've always won like 7/8 of first 10 or 6 on a bad weekend. This is crazy.
  • Shimoe
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    My problrm is last 3 games wining till 85th min and then somehow I lose 😂😂 from 3-1 and 2-0
  • CfcBlue
    4157 posts National Call-Up
    Total opposite for me. Last year no matter how great the squad silver 1. This year gold 3 or 2. But rivals in division 2-3 is hard.
  • Maro6590
    1051 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    Total opposite for me. Last year no matter how great the squad silver 1. This year gold 3 or 2. But rivals in division 2-3 is hard.

Exactly the Same ! Was G1/G2 in fifa 19; in FIFA 20 with a maxed Serie A and Icon squad sometimes S2 and the best was Gold 3; this year Every week G2 or G1
  • Gavalarrrr
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Delay is ruining my weekend.
    I usually get about 5 games where delay is pretty noticeable but its been every single one this weekend.
    I'm currently 8 wins in 12 so far.
  • Mincepie171286
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    So only started playing last Saturday have a 1.4m team and skill rating around 1400 and I literally can't get a win in WL at all. Currently 0-6 and most games have lost by 1 goal and 1 even on pens.

So is rivals alot easier and WL alot harder? No point me wasting time playing 30 games a weekend if I'm being matched with either people alot better than me or I just can't win in WL. May aswell stick with rivals. If I don't hit minimum 11 wins im seriously done with this mode and it's broken matchmaking.

And the rewards aren't worth playing 30 games unless you're getting Elite 1+. Really starting to question if it's time to play FUT but not WL. Never get anything worthwhile with reds any year anyway. Well rant over but seems extremely hard or else I just know the mechanics yet and 1400 skill rating is actually bad this year

What division is skill rating 1400?

I’m division 1 on 2000 and I normally get gold1 or 2. Had a start of 0-3 the other week currently this week 11-2.

Not trying to be funny but if you are 1400 skill rating you are probably in the bottom 5% people playing weekend league at this stage especially.

I posted last week to say I never get an easy game. I probably win 3/5 division 1 games and same in weekend league.

Your opponents should get easier from here if you are 0-6 but I wouldn’t expect you to reach 11 wins with 1400 skill rating if I’m honest.
  • Verstappen
    4433 posts National Call-Up
    Im sitting around 1200~1300 SR and going from S1 to G2, it's just a bad weekend. Focus on 11 wins only and relax the rest of games.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    I’m 10-5 and division 3 if it makes you feel any better and it actually feels like this WL is going well 😂

I normally stop at 14 with games to spare, can normally get 17 if I try and if I try really hard it’s a guaranteed 16
  • Burnzee Boyee
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Decided to stop playing WL for good last weekend. Feel better for it.
  • MUFC_420
    edited November 2020
    So only started playing last Saturday have a 1.4m team and skill rating around 1400 and I literally can't get a win in WL at all. Currently 0-6 and most games have lost by 1 goal and 1 even on pens.

I’m division 1 on 2000 and I normally get gold1 or 2. Had a start of 0-3 the other week currently this week 11-2.

Not trying to be funny but if you are 1400 skill rating you are probably in the bottom 5% people playing weekend league at this stage especially.

I posted last week to say I never get an easy game. I probably win 3/5 division 1 games and same in weekend league.

Your opponents should get easier from here if you are 0-6 but I wouldn’t expect you to reach 11 wins with 1400 skill rating if I’m honest.

I got it wrong was 0-5 now 2-5. Never finished below gold from FUT Champs from it started. Suppose this is what happens when you start a month and a half after everyone and they all know what mechanics to abuse. If I hit 11 wins and get auto qualification I will try and improve from that. Anything less that silver 1 and I'm done with this mode. What happened why did it get so hard?

And my team definitely isn't the issue. Can't believe the team I have after a week of grinding.
  • MUFC_420
    Ended tonight 4-6. Not a bad comeback. Hopefully with tomorrow being Sunday I can get to at least 11 wins.
  • MUFC_420
    First WL of the year I will take that
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2020

1400 is Div 4

I’m in Div 4 (never play rivals until Thursday and just play a few games) get gold 3 in WL with games to spare almost every week.
  • Dth83
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mate. Just hang in there. The result will eventually come.
    The first 5 or 10 games are just random. And then the rest will put you in the right tier/rank where you belong.
    No mather how bad I start, I Allways end up with 17-20wins.
  • Mr. Soper
    4263 posts National Call-Up
    Ya this weekend seemed easier then other. But maybe because I was playing my games during the day and not slamming coldies
  • dengah109
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    Frustrating WL for me thus far as well, currently 11-9. I wanted to get S1 tonight but lost a lot of matches. Usually get G3 fairly comfortably but doesnt look like happening this weekend. For me it is almost the opposite of last weekend, lots of close games but whereas last week I edged the majority of them this weekend its been the other way around. Lost a lot of late goals tonight, also had a lot of lag and to be honest I should have stopped as I think thats been my issue tonight. Ive been lucky last 2 weekends and only had a handful of games where it has clearly lagged and doesnt feel right but had quite a few games today/tonight like that, totally ruins it. i did stop this afternoon as it was so bad but had to get some games in tonight as wouldnt be able to fit them all in tomorrow and also what are the chances it'll be better anyway!!

I also had 2 players use that browny/red ball from season 2 milestones, OMG it is horrendous. I struggled to see it, its awful. its also tiny, its like a subbuteo ball! Its an utter joke, so annoying that people use it but EA have a lot to answer for on that. We have had how many patches now? How can they not be aware of the issue? It cant be difficult to fix of in previous versions it wasnt issue. How can they be happy that for some players who dont have such good eyesight simply wont be able to play the game because of this. Totally wrong.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    WL is hardly worth it for the casuals. Elite players that spam skillmoves, disconnect cheaters... it is their playground.

My G3 player picks were shocking, and best one was from one silver 1 last week Carrasco. So I play more because of the competition, to try new cards in the heat if the fire... and the packs. The only period worth grinding is TOTS.

Gameplay is actually more bearable now somehow, but still very flawed. The ammount of soft touch penalties is absurd - slightest touch and it's a pen. It punishes manual defending that barely works anyway, and sliding tackles from behind don't even get the card.

Pressure is still unbearable. Every other team presses from the start and intercepts everything and you can't even pass the ball from your own half. Goalkeepers pass the ball right into opponent feets, they are camping before your own box. I don't know what magical combo are they using, but that thig is ruining it for the casuals.

Rivals are a piece of cake in comparison. Any division (I've been as high as div 2).
  • Jezzaaa
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    About 2k skill points in rivals but playing very poorly this WL compared to my usual. 14-9 at the moment
  • Dth83
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mmandras wrote: »
    WL is hardly worth it for the casuals. Elite players that spam skillmoves, disconnect cheaters... it is their playground.

My G3 player picks were shocking, and best one was from one silver 1 last week Carrasco. So I play more because of the competition, to try new cards in the heat if the fire... and the packs. The only period worth grinding is TOTS.

Gameplay is actually more bearable now somehow, but still very flawed. The ammount of soft touch penalties is absurd - slightest touch and it's a pen. It punishes manual defending that barely works anyway, and sliding tackles from behind don't even get the card.

Pressure is still unbearable. Every other team presses from the start and intercepts everything and you can't even pass the ball from your own half. Goalkeepers pass the ball right into opponent feets, they are camping before your own box. I don't know what magical combo are they using, but that thig is ruining it for the casuals.

Rivals are a piece of cake in comparison. Any division (I've been as high as div 2).

So far gold 2 have given me both red Rashford and now this week red Ronaldo.
    So I can't say it's not worth it anymore.
    But all of last year I shared your feeling.
  • Mill1
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dengah109 wrote: »
    Frustrating WL for me thus far as well, currently 11-9. I wanted to get S1 tonight but lost a lot of matches. Usually get G3 fairly comfortably but doesnt look like happening this weekend. For me it is almost the opposite of last weekend, lots of close games but whereas last week I edged the majority of them this weekend its been the other way around. Lost a lot of late goals tonight, also had a lot of lag and to be honest I should have stopped as I think thats been my issue tonight. Ive been lucky last 2 weekends and only had a handful of games where it has clearly lagged and doesnt feel right but had quite a few games today/tonight like that, totally ruins it. i did stop this afternoon as it was so bad but had to get some games in tonight as wouldnt be able to fit them all in tomorrow and also what are the chances it'll be better anyway!!

I also had 2 players use that browny/red ball from season 2 milestones, OMG it is horrendous. I struggled to see it, its awful. its also tiny, its like a subbuteo ball! Its an utter joke, so annoying that people use it but EA have a lot to answer for on that. We have had how many patches now? How can they not be aware of the issue? It cant be difficult to fix of in previous versions it wasnt issue. How can they be happy that for some players who dont have such good eyesight simply wont be able to play the game because of this. Totally wrong.

So glad someone else is feeling the pain of the terrible ball. Not glad you're suffering mate, but you know what I mean. At least use a standard ball in WL surely?!
  • Wurrsmycash
    1534 posts Play-Off Hero
    Saturday is the worst day to play WL, Overloaded server, all the try hards etc

Played majority of my games on Sunday last week and got my first G1 and only started WL this morning and on 7-1. Usually I average at 14-10 or so

Spamming Rivals on Thurs/Friday for D1Rank1 and then leave WL games to later in the weekend seems to be working for me
  • MUFC_420
    Saturday is the worst day to play WL, Overloaded server, all the try hards etc

Played majority of my games on Sunday last week and got my first G1 and only started WL this morning and on 7-1. Usually I average at 14-10 or so

Spamming Rivals on Thurs/Friday for D1Rank1 and then leave WL games to later in the weekend seems to be working for me

Yeah mate I'm hoping today will be easier. First 2 games were first half rage quits. Now 6-6 now so pulling it back rightly. Maybe it just took me a few games to figure out how people play in WL. Or like others have said now the ELO has kicked in and my games will be a bit more fair. Them first games were mad must have been elite players I was playing or something lol
  • dengah109
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also has anyone had issues with playing at home? I've played 20 games this WL thus far and I reckon I've only played about 2 or 3 at home. Yesterday I didn't have a single home game. Coincidence I happened to lose more than normal and connection was more leggy?
  • MUFC_420
    I got really sidetracked tonight. I'm now 7-11. But only think I've a couple more games left in me way past my bedtime.
  • Redmob
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s full of great players, on average.compared to me, at least. The past three years, I think, have sped the transition of ULTIMATE teams, so to speak. You know, the kind that make you sigh when you see their squad before kickoff.

I’ll normally win 11-14. I used to win more. I don’t spend any of my own money, though. One of my best buddies I’ve known for 30 years annually spends well over $1,000.00 on FIFA. He has it to burn and enjoys it, and we play together and against each other regularly. He’s a GREAT man player, and the “pay to win” mentality helps a bunch. More now than ever.

No hate from me, everyone has free will to do as they please.

I’d say overall the game is More competitive, and more broken, than it’s ever been. Regarding WL, expect to get Beaten badly every so often. There are so many good players with OP teams, now. I mean if you go 8-2 your first ten, expect to get pounded soon and often thereafter.

I won 20 games last year ONCE. Should’ve quit for good after that. 🤣