Whats the most frustrating thing about fifa for you ?

JonRambo
1147 posts Professional
edited November 2020
I basically buy Fifa every 2 or 3 years and everytime I buy it im so excited and enthusiastic about it and want to have fun, but the more I play it I notice the same problems as Fifa from 2 years ago (expecting EA to have fixed them buy now) but havent.

Every Fifa game seems to have the exact same problems as the last game and some how it adds another 1 or 2 more bad things each game.

Its still got terrible button delay (which means ea havent fixed the servers still), the market place gets so slow and laggy at times, players don't pass straight, or can't pass to his own man 5m away, constant rebounds back to my opponent after tackling him 3 times in a row and now the GK's can't seem to hardly save a ball (which makes me nervous constantly in defence) because I know if I dont stop the shot, its a goal and now ref's giving away really soft penalties.

I want to love this game so much and just dont understand how EA cant fix up the same issues, year after year. Are they even trying to ?

Comments

• SnakeJaguar
    97 posts Park Captain
    Why should they bother fixing anything when everyone's addicted? Easier to hook them on crack, than actually making a fun and functioning game.

Same complaints year after year, and we all just keep buying the same game...
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    Worst thing by a mile is how skill moves render your defence useless.
    My screen feels like it shakes when somebody like Rashford does a skill move in the box. There’s no chance of doing anything and he’s suddenly one on one.
    Half the time it’s someone just spamming the skill moves too
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    Button delay and delay in general, nothing more irritating than not being able to play normally. Coupled with this is the fear of losing the ball because if you get countered with delay you can’t player switch effectively, which in turn leads to less risk taking, lots of possession and mot as many goals.
  • rmoxon
    3239 posts National Call-Up
    Why should they bother fixing anything when everyone's addicted? Easier to hook them on crack, than actually making a fun and functioning game.

In fact while the game is so poor and broken it makes people feel like they need a better team, so they buy FIFA points.

It’s all part of EA’s plan.
  • Alexrb89
    rmoxon wrote: »

In fact while the game is so poor and broken it makes people feel like they need a better team, so they buy FIFA points.

How would people think delay will be improved by buying different players?
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »

How would people think delay will be improved by buying different players?

It makes you just want to buy pacey players when your getting button delay and just sprint, because trying to play proper football just doesn't work, when the button delay is to bad.
  • Paulaner
    348 posts Sunday League Hero
    The community that can't think for themselves
  • Poet
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Playing against someone with 36 players around their penalty area, and their nans. It's tougher than trying to intercept Morse code.
  • danielallen1410
    621 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2020
    In order 1 being most infuriating

1. Tackles bouncing back

2. Clear advantage to one player in most games. Be it myself or the opponent, evidenced by run baiting, passes going in opposite directions, terrible AI defending. This can be overcome if you are far better player than your opponent, but decided pretty much every game between people at an even level.

3. Pace being so important, anyone below 80 pace is useless in defence, anyone below 90 in attack, this isn’t the case in PES...... a slow defender with good positioning should be able to (when AI is in control) have a starting position which means adama cannot just sprint past them. Also Harry Kane should be able to manoeuvre his way off the ball into a great position.

My own wildcard

Mbappe, neymar etc too accessible, these players who are so good should only be available if you really work at the game, they shouldn’t be in packs, or even on the transfer list to me, you should have these players rewarded to you through a combination of skill and time in the game, no one should have them this side of xmas, they should be players to work towards. I’m aware that’s controversial but it’s how I feel
  • The_giant616
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    -Not giving reds for last man tackles from behind
    - random erratic short goal kicks that only seem to happen when you’re winning and give opps a goal
    - Stupid goal colours
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    I don't mind losing to a better player. I don't mind losing to a worse player if I play bad I am tired or not concentrating etc but when I play better against a worse player then I should win if I don't the game is broken. In fact if I play better than a better player I should win. This is a Game in any Game (video or board game or card game etc) when you play better than someone else you win only in FIFA you can still lose.

This game is nothing like Football. Look at car racing you have games that are like car racing games like Forza or Gran Turismo. That is what FIFA should be like instead FIFA is like Mario Kart is to real racing. FIFA is the Mario Cart of Football games where players do not play like FOOTBALL but like cartoon characters. You can Juggle a ball down the field and it leads to a score or you can sit on the edge of someone's box for 10 minutes using dragbacks and skill moves until magically someone comes open and it's a goal or you can take the ball from kickoff and move straight in to score as the other player's defenders freeze up. I don't want to play Mario Kart when I play a racing game. They should not be allowed to call this a Football Game or FIFA that imo is false advertising they should call it FIFA Street.

The actual game is like those weird friendly games they have where the ball is super fast etc,

IMO EA don't care about gameplay and I believe they believe the more rotten the gameplay the more likely people will get frustrated and want to spend FP to make it more likely they will win.

The reality is there are patterns in the game there are patterns in anything that is programmed and some people learn the patterns and succeed it has nothing to do with simulating how a football game is played. That used to be the goal before FUT came along trying each year to make the game play more like real football. Not anymore.
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    Naming 1 thing:

The non communicating to us. Atleast hear us, they say thank you everytime a new update is out for the feedback, but in fact they don’t look at the feedback, if they did this game would have been better than it is now 10 years ago.
  • tzinc
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Naming 1 thing:

The non communicating to us. Atleast hear us, they say thank you everytime a new update is out for the feedback, but in fact they don’t look at the feedback, if they did this game would have been better than it is now 10 years ago.

No they don't care imo look at their imo fake customer service that does nothing. One year I never got my pre-order cards customer service came the run around and I still never got them. They simply don't care they make billions from people buying FP that is their focus.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    Just imagine if EA actually listened to all our complaints and actually fixed up all these issues and kept bringing good content to the game throughout the year ? I reckon so many more people would buy the game, so in the end they would make a tonne more money and actually have a happy fan base who truthfully enjoy the game and love playing it.

Atm the moment, there is no use in practicing at fifa to get better (and thats what is demoralising about the game), its all about connection, luck and your tactics, skill is way down on the list and thats what Fifa shouldnt be, its sad.
  • Neymar10101
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    An example is pro clubs, the community cried out for something new and different, came up with different ideas to even help them out, but nothing yet again but two features no one cares about.

With today being Black Friday as well you would’ve thought at least a discount on packs just for them to give back to the community that keeps their company going but no, nothing yet again, no communication no nothing.

• tzinc
    This game is like FIFA Street or those made up friendly games the less you play like real football the better you do...

By the way if I pay 60 100 dollars for a game players I want to play with should not be kept from me. If I buy FIFA and Eusebio Lahm etc are available I should be able to play with those players I shouldn't have to sink time and sink money and gamble to try and get them and then have to be happy I got Deco instead... this is ridiculous imagine buying a Star Wars game you can't access Luke Darth Leia etc... if they don't want to let us play with Icons that we want to play with in FUT create a New Mode where we can play with them or put them in Career and available to get for free anyone we want
  • Alexrb89
    tzinc wrote: »
    This game is like FIFA Street or those made up friendly games the less you play like real football the better you do...

By the way if I pay 60 100 dollars for a game players I want to play with should not be kept from me. If I buy FIFA and Eusebio Lahm etc are available I should be able to play with those players I shouldn't have to sink time and sink money and gamble to try and get them and then have to be happy I got Deco instead... this is ridiculous imagine buying a Star Wars game you can't access Luke Darth Leia etc... if they don't want to let us play with Icons that we want to play with in FUT create a New Mode where we can play with them or put them in Career and available to get for free anyone we want

I Agree with some of things you said. But I think time is something that should be put in to gain the best players, otherwise everyone would have the best players immediately and we would not have any variation in squads.
  • tzinc
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    tzinc wrote: »

I Agree with some of things you said. But I think time is something that should be put in to gain the best players, otherwise everyone would have the best players immediately and we would not have any variation in squads.

1 I know some people feel this way that is why I suggested an Alternative Mode were we can play with the Icons we want and that solves your issue and my issue.

2 Even if this happened in FUT with the wide variety of special cards I don't think all squads would be the same for example if I could access Ronaldo I would not use him I'd use Dalglish instead. Squads would not be the same as long as the Icons played like themselves (maybe take away universal chem from them) and the gameplay itself must change so you don't require meta players only because...

3 Squads Right Now Are All The Same I play the same teams all the time right now they use the meta players Varane Mendy Gomez (I went out of my way not to have these players on my team). If we had access to Icons squads would not be anymore "the same" it is basically the same small group of players over and over

4 Even with time you are not guaranteed to get them that's the problem and by the time you do get them guess what the game is dead and time to move on to the next game I got Prime Ronaldo and Dalglish and TOTS KDB and there were a couple weeks to play in the game - that was a complete letdown I want to play with these players all year not for 2 weeks
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    Last night I changed my tactics just a tiny bit and I beat this really good team easily 4-0 and it was my first rage quit of 21.

There seems to be this goalie glitch I found out when someone vsed me and he kept scoring everytime from about a 10 degree angle. I thought it was my bad gk, but I tried it on him last night and the gk can't save it, even if its hit right at him, he dives out of the way.

So what I did, I reported his gk for match fixing lol.
  • goo_goo_gol
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dominating everyone one day, losing to scrubs the next
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    Its so hard to enjoy this game. Its got so many good things about it, but EA just dont fix the important things, which really sucks.
  • goo_goo_gol
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dominating everyone one day, losing to scrubs the next

Case in point today

Yesterday I can barely win a game in rivals, today I'm 16-0 in the wl. Feels like a different game one day to the next
  • Swanz05
    5273 posts Big Money Move
    Apart from the important gameplay & server issues, the very small things show me this company doesn't care about its player base: missing badges on kits, 41212(2) CAM position switching, spelling errors on loading screens, incorrect rewards, counterintuitive menus, etc.
  • Anthonyr475
    1006 posts Professional
    Games you know you should of easily won. But, because of EA magic. All your shots go wide or saved. Passes are over hit or too weak constantly and your players forget how to run. Yet, your opponent will do one through ball and it will curve past your whole defence.
  • 4dvz
    949 posts Professional
    Most frustrating thing is losing a game to someone who I should had won with 1 hand
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    How the pursuit of money has destroyed what was a great premise.

Can hardly fault EA they're a business, making money is the name of the game.

But from where FUT started to where it is now, there really is no comparison, its totally shifted focus.

From having 20+ leagues, thousands of usable cards with tremendous scope for creation and variety, we've ended up with a game more generic than you could ever imagine.

People will argue "it was always like this" etc blah blah blah....it simply wasn't. In 14 I was rocking an all Serbian team, the Russian league was really popular, Silvers and Bronzes offered loads of team building options, you could even mix your a few bronzes into your silver team for the silver cup.

The thing that made FUT unique and fun was the blank canvas you had, the fact you could create ANYTHING whether it was totally META or totally HIPSTER, but if you went hipster, then the gap between those players was a lot smaller and you could actually get away with it to a good extent.

Now its just pure meta, nothing else, every year the same players, same promos, and the game play is just a case of get to the box and spam a skill.

It really is a tired old affair, its no surprise so many of the old players (like me) have just give up on it.
  • Wi1son73
    3723 posts National Call-Up
    My one of many frustrations is as soon as I kick off, pass it about, opponent won’t even bother to learn how to pressure tackle etc, just switch to constant pressure straight away.
    AI just turns into steroid freaks, auto blocking auto interceptions marking every player.. 😡😡

• Wurrsmycash
    1345 posts Professional
    Pay to win noobs that build the same Mendy Varane, Neymar Mbappe teams

Currently though Team press... Still way way overpowered