14 losses in a row with friendlies.

Gnomenclature
8200 posts League Winner
WTF. I'm playing people with literally a 1000 more skill points than me... I've never been more frustrated with this game than I am now.

Did EA turn off skill based matching? I'm in D6 and playing d2 people. Im absolutely disgusted.

Comments

• Brandnu1
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    People self relegate.. it’s sad but true.
  • SamPes
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is happening since Bellerin drop. Nothing u can do about it. Now Rival Division 6 also full of top tier player.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    wow that's harsh bro

recommend trying to play at later time and hope it's not stressful. good luck
  • VerdePride
    3475 posts National Call-Up
    Try during weekend league, it’s much better
  • Moose Factory
    6207 posts Big Money Move
    I remember you lived in Santa Cruz. I live down in Carmel. I think us west coasters get matched with some ridiculous ❤️❤️❤️❤️. If I can even find a match as early as I play.
  • SamPes
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    now Deloufeu card, making the Managerial Masterpiece a gathering of sweatfest. I think it will get worse or stay. Next will be Icon swap token.....
  • Gnomenclature
    8200 posts League Winner
    I remember you lived in Santa Cruz. I live down in Carmel. I think us west coasters get matched with some ridiculous ❤️❤️❤️❤️. If I can even find a match as early as I play.

It's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ here. Yeah, I'm just across the bay. Xbox fifa is so dead here - takes ages to find matches and the one sided lag is always against me. I'm certain it's this crusty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ day one Xbox I have because I do message people and they say they are in LA... Maybe it's because they are closer to servers there?

Just wanted to play some fifa on a lonely Thanksgiving but I'm now at 17 losses in a row - 5 went to extra time. I'm exhausted. I really need to find a different game to play.
  • RayS
    36635 posts World Cup Winner
    Jeez that's about 6 hour straight of losses! Not exactly a relaxing way to spend a Thanksgiving :D

Sorry to hear how it's going.

I'm not looking forward to getting started now lol
  • Gnomenclature
    8200 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »
    Jeez that's about 6 hour straight of losses! Not exactly a relaxing way to spend a Thanksgiving :D

Sorry to hear how it's going.

I'm not looking forward to getting started now lol

thanks Ray.. Ive never lost this many games in a mode thats supposed to be skill based. Its already a tough day... Should have turned it off at 5 losses and did something else with my time.
  • RichT
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    WTF. I'm playing people with literally a 1000 more skill points than me... I've never been more frustrated with this game than I am now.

Did EA turn off skill based matching? I'm in D6 and playing d2 people. Im absolutely disgusted.

Had the same. You need to wait until all the scum bags are finished. Give it a couple of days.

I wish they would create a different friendly room for each player. Otherwise you have to keep meeting the most toxic of the community.

• TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    Unfortunately all the sweatlords and self-relegators are playing so you need to wait a while
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    I salute your calmness, resilience, and patience. I would have stopped playing for the whole day after the 3rd loss and called a day until the next morning.

It is insane. :joy:
  • Gnomenclature
    8200 posts League Winner
    edited November 2020
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    Unfortunately all the sweatlords and self-relegators are playing so you need to wait a while

The worst part is that I knew this... It's rare that I get a day off - full time job and grad school... That delofeu (spelling I know) fits right in the team. Guess I will work on it when all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ are dropping back in WL.
  • RayS
    36635 posts World Cup Winner

The worst part is that I knew this... It's rare that I get a day off - full time job and grad school... That delofeu (spelling I know) fits right in the team. Guess I will work on it when all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ are dropping back in WL.

What team were you thinking to fit him in?

Just got started myself. Win in game 1, but then a 0-3 loss followed by a 1-6 loss. Not trending in the right direction 😬
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Hang in there. It's doable. I hope you have Manolas at the back
  • Gnomenclature
    8200 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Hang in there. It's doable. I hope you have Manolas at the back

Using two rightbacks... Serie a is weak AF. I'm done for now. If I gotta lose another extra time game again I'm gonna need to spend all day Sunday repairing my walls lol.
  • Gnomenclature
    8200 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »

What team were you thinking to fit him in?

Just got started myself. Win in game 1, but then a 0-3 loss followed by a 1-6 loss. Not trending in the right direction 😬

My mls squad - gonna link him to Bojan (he's incredible). Hoping for a Spanish icon at some point during this promo - I'd even be fine with a baby guardiola. Otherwise I might do veron if I like the loan card... He's a bit over priced though.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    You're right to step back if you're getting angry at it. You'll just spiral.

Here's the team I used to do it

DJj8qzx.png

I'd strongly recommend getting in Manolas as you'll need a cb to deal with the inevitable Mbappe (my efl team had Opara and Long for that... Then I seen I was making mad profit and sold the former :lol: ).

I do play very direct in game but I know I'm not going to be able to get a good passing game going with Nandez and Cyprien. Muriel goes to left cam, Correa up top, and Verdi central.

If you're purely going for the card (and by the sounds of things, you don't want to use your team more than you have to), adopt a two goal rule. If you go two down, sack it and go into another match. You save your time and patience by not chasing games. Sure, you could come back and draw or even win but that's going to take it out of you, leaving you drained for the next match.

It won't stop you facing folk that have relegated but given there's nothing to be done about that, it's about doing what you need to do to minimise the nonsense that comes from it.
  • Gnomenclature
    8200 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »

DJj8qzx.png

I'd strongly recommend getting in Manolas as you'll need a cb to deal with the inevitable Mbappe (my efl team had Opara and Long for that... Then I seen I was making mad profit and sold the former :lol: ).

I do play very direct in game but I know I'm not going to be able to get a good passing game going with Nandez and Cyprien. Muriel goes to left cam, Correa up top, and Verdi central.

If you're purely going for the card (and by the sounds of things, you don't want to use your team more than you have to), adopt a two goal rule. If you go two down, sack it and go into another match. You save your time and patience by not chasing games. Sure, you could come back and draw or even win but that's going to take it out of you, leaving you drained for the next match.

It won't stop you facing folk that have relegated but given there's nothing to be done about that, it's about doing what you need to do to minimise the nonsense that comes from it.

Thanks @Ishibum I will try switching it up tomorrow. Part of my problem is that I really struggle against 442 and most objective squads use 442 as it's the default.

Manolas is going in the team tomorrow.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2020
    I don't recommend Manolas, it's a waste of high rated card. Ditch Correa also, he is slow and clunky.

Feel free to put Hernandez on CB and chealest 75 rated RB/LB. Other CB could be 77 rated Luiz Felipe. Manolas is obviously better but you don't want high rated backline, but lowest rating and speed.

GK is fine, it won't get you wins with high scoring games anyway...

Now, the most important guys are front 3 beasts Mertens, Insigne and Gomez. People are seriously destroying with Osimhen also so I'd concider him also - but only those 3 can hold up against full meta premier league squads playing for Bellerin. You need the killer attacking 3 or you will have a hard time. People are using high pressure, they are very used to Saint Maximin and Traore kind of players, and seeing Rashford in the starting 5 is probably just GG. Good luck with Verdi and Correa against that.

I've even triend red Belottiz he is good, but Mertens is just something else.

I've completed objective in one sitting with those 3. Mostof my loses were struggling with Belotti and Correa with Manolas that just got ran over by premier league mutants. 99 CB wouldn't be enough.

Not even once did I encounter Mbappe. PL squads are far more dangerous because people are used to them and they are using sweaty pressure WL tactics.
  • Hulk43
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Bro, I feel your pain 100%. I'm currently still trying to get Bellerin via friendlys and I think i'm at 1 win every 5 games. It's just stupid.

The irony is, when I get that 1/5 game win. I dont even enjoy it, it's more a relief i didnt lose again. I really hate what the game has turned into.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Joke all this self relegating EA are happy enough with it. I fully expect to be down at zero skill points come icon swaps.
  • AULERT
    1643 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do we have a 12 match cap on these friendly games, if going for the Deulofeu objective?
  • Ishibum wrote: »

DJj8qzx.png

Manolas best CB in game, shame it's impossible to link him unless you got a full seria a team
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Mmandras wrote: »
    . Good luck with Verdi and Correa against that.

Seemed to work for me

X8wW6Mx.png

In seriousness though, you raise some valid points. Hernandez is a must have, though I prefer him at lb as it counters Traore pretty well. CB is naughty but can see the logic. Osimhen is also a solid shout.

As for Mbappe, you got lucky. I'd say I faced him 50% of the time. Encountered a few Rashfords and Werners as well but Mbappe was everywhere.