Im noticing a pattern in this game

JonRambo
1147 posts Professional
edited November 2020
GK's seem to be there for decoration only and arent real GK's, they dont really do much and cant seem to save most basic shots for some reason.

I dont know if its mainly my GK, but out of the 3 I have tried, they are all bad. They seem to always let in angle shots, running at a 45 degree angle (even when I move my gk straight to the ball) he falls over and dives out of the way.

And im also noticing my gk is letting in goals from impossible angles. He is standing right there and somehow the ball goes past him and they score, I think his arms are painted on LOL. The only way I can stop goals is not let them shoot so much, but its very hard to do.

Any suggestions here, for better gk's maybe or another tip, or are they all bad in this Fifa?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    18555 posts Moderator
    It’s best to defend the shot. Gk don’t bail you out like in past fifas.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Its so hard to do that though when your getting button delay and they run at you with their pacey players. Would just be nice if world class GK's could save more shots then not and dont be scared of the ball, its not going to hurt them 😂
  • rmoxon
    3239 posts National Call-Up
    Are you using the Glove chem style on your Keeper?

Basic has been nerfed and Glove is better than it this year.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    rmoxon wrote: »

Really ? I always use basic chemistry on all my players. Has that been confirmed ? Also, what about outfield players and their chemistry, is basic still good ? In previous fifa games when I added different chemistry styles, it seemed to make my player worse, so I always left it.
  • FifaProDK
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ball goes through the keepers hands. Don't worry to.much about it!
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    Ball goes through the keepers hands. Don't worry to.much about it!

Yeah I dont think EA has the balance right for the keepers in this game.

Also, ive noticed, the refs give penalties for the most stupid things, its getting a bit annoying already lol.
  • It is all pure luck and .... , some GKs still save shots volleyed at 6 yards area !
  • The_giant616
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    JonRambo wrote: »

Really ? I always use basic chemistry on all my players. Has that been confirmed ? Also, what about outfield players and their chemistry, is basic still good ? In previous fifa games when I added different chemistry styles, it seemed to make my player worse, so I always left it.

Probably a big reason why you’re struggling. Everyone is using Chen to host pace of their players
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional

Probably a big reason why you’re struggling. Everyone is using Chen to host pace of their players

So does chemistry styles definitely have a positive effect in fifa 21 , unlike previous fifa games ?
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    I "upgraded" to Alisson and he was horrific I tried Ederson and terrible ... finally just went with Vacklick Asenjo Neto Pope ordinary GK seem to do just fine compared to the big names
  • chicken_nuggetsFTW
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m slide tackling more In general this Fifa due to the defending and GK behavior, defendIng the shot is the best option.
  • Buzzbuzz
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020

You mean like this one? Where I pushed Rodrigo onto his wrong foot and he manages to chip the keeper when he's only 5 yards off his line...The keeper falls over after it's already above his head 😂

• Jamieshore22
    1436 posts Professional
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »

You mean like this one? Where I pushed Rodrigo onto his wrong foot and he manages to chip the keeper when he's only 5 yards off his line...The keeper falls over after it's already above his head 😂

Dear god!!!!
  • L1vingl1fe
    4828 posts National Call-Up

So does chemistry styles definitely have a positive effect in fifa 21 , unlike previous fifa games ?

I don’t know what you’re on about. Chemistry cards have always worked
  • NinthFall
    2567 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2020
    Don't know your division, but I'm D5 and I agree that GKs are unrealistically bad, but simply using the triangle on PS controller to call the GK closer has saved me many goals.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7509 posts League Winner
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »

Might want to google chemgate. They definitely have not always worked and ea lied through their teeth about it until the community proved it.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    I just played against Ter Stegen then and he was bloody good. He saved everything except the goals I should have scored.
  • Hoopsterz
    2948 posts Fans' Favourite
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »

Might want to google chemgate. They definitely have not always worked and ea lied through their teeth about it until the community proved it.

Ahhh chemgate - Those were good days!