EA are happy enough with people self relegating (smurfing).

Gazmac_868
2895 posts Fans' Favourite
With icon swaps around the corner it would seem EA have completely failed to deal with the self relegating issue. We know they acknowledge this problem as they have took steps to prevent it but sadly they seem to have failed. Once icon swaps drop it will be complete chaos I myself as a very average player am preparing to be beat down to zero skill points as in fut 20. Am I any good at the game? No I'm not but i don't think i should be down on zero skill points EA need to seriously think about handing out bans to act as a deterrent surely they cant be happy with all the self relegating that's going on? Or maybe they just don't care

Comments

• GeorgeGervin
    3443 posts National Call-Up
    Why can’t Fut Champs Games (WL) add Rivals Placement Points as well as Rivals Rewards Points for each win. No negative placement points for a loss in WL.

WL already adds Rivals Rewards points ... so why not placement points?

Would keep a lot of the relegators at a higher level atleast - with the 30 game cap.

Not the ultimate fix, but a start.
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    "We know they acknowledge this problem as they have took steps to prevent it but sadly they seem to have failed."

What steps did they take...? They literally done nothing about it...
  • Gazmac_868
    TDOF wrote: »
    "We know they acknowledge this problem as they have took steps to prevent it but sadly they seem to have failed."

30 game cap on rivals, moved objectives into friendly modes half assed I know but i took that as an acknowledgment maybe I'm wrong.
  • kraid
    7672 posts League Winner
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

30 game cap on rivals, moved objectives into friendly modes half assed I know but i took that as an acknowledgment maybe I'm wrong.

Moving objectives to friendlies would have worked if they hadn’t tied your opposition in friendlies to your level in rivals. Now people are still gonna relegate to get easier objectives.

So close ea
  • ForestGrump70
    1138 posts Professional
    I agree. If you're down in Division 6-7 or lower, you expect to be playing a similar level of opponent. Everyone deserves to enjoy this game, no matter what skill level they are.

A lot of people have busy jobs, families etc... and can only find time to play Fifa an hour or 2 a day, at most. They shouldn't have their enjoyment taken out of the game by players who are truly a division 1 standard, but smash a division 7 player 10-0. I'm surprised EA didn't address this after the debacle of last year, to be honest.

I'd be more surprised if EA actually did something....
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner

The 30 game cap has nothing to do with self relagating... moving objectives to friendlies doesn't mean much (althougth it is better) the matchmaking is still based off rivals....
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Pls when the current rivals points system makes rivals completely useless unless you play 15 games before playing fut champs?
    Why would someone stay in div 1 and get harder objectives if he can't grind for better rewards even if he wanted to? Not that higher division rewards were even good in the first place, you can't even grind them because you won't earn points unless you play rivals before champs
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional
    kraid wrote: »

Moving objectives to friendlies would have worked if they hadn’t tied your opposition in friendlies to your level in rivals. Now people are still gonna relegate to get easier objectives.

So close ea

I mean this is probably the most stupid overlook you've ever seen lol How could they have not seen that one coming lmfao
  • The_giant616
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nobody has a solution that will work. People are too cunning and once someone finds a loophole they spread it via social media.
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    They could have matched it on WL. If not ranked in WL then used Rivals.
  • Ben_Cheddar
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You could go down the route of having no skill based match making in friendlies but then people in division 8 will still be coming up against div 1 players, it’s lose lose for the lower rated players whatever EA do
  • Anthonyr475
    1019 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    I'm div 1 and the friendlies for Bellerin has honestly been sweatier than champs. Can not enjoy that mode while it is tied to your rival rating.
  • SaintInExile
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    People who self relegate are a special kind of scum, to be honest 😂

This. Absolute trash tier humans.
  • SaintInExile
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm div 1 and the friendlies for Bellerin has honestly been sweatier than champs. Can not enjoy that mode while it is tied to your rival rating.

I'm in Div 5 and it is also sweatier than champs. For some reason it wasn't as bad when I was using my Championship team, but with my Prem team it's a nightmare getting the last 4 wins.
  • SeñorCatflap
    1935 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also doesn't help that you can drop to div 4 get an easy run at rank 1 for decent packs. The rewards In higher divisions arent good enough to justify staying up there in sweat city.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    said before, make it so your weekly performance, would let you relegate or promote once a week only
  • Mintcake
    340 posts Sunday League Hero
    Here's an idea to deter relegation, when you quit you don't lose any skill rating...

Instead you have get a dnf 'counter' of some sort along side your skill rating. Say it starts at 0 and can't go below, whenever you quit/disconnect you gain a dnf point, when you complete a full match you lose a point. When your dnf score is greater than 0 you are unable to earn any division rivals weekly score or increase your skill rating.

It means that rather than lose skill rating for quitting, it is effectively offset against future skill rating gains and stops you getting rewards on the way back up.

If there's a power cut or your internet drops out, ok unlucky but you just need to complete your next match to get back in line. But if you quit 10 in row, you won't be relegated you'll just need to complete another 10 matches before you start earning dr points or skill rating again.

I guess you could relegate by rubber banding but it would take forever.
  • oneskyworld
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite

make the 30 game cap not only on rewards, but also on the promote and relegation. then you won't see the relegators at least on Monday through Wednesday.
  • 4dvz
    1220 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    What people dont seem to realize is that ea cant penalize people for relegating themselves, it would be nonsense the way fut is built. Think about it, how do you penalize someone for losing intentionally without being completely out of line when that player is only trying to do objectives? There is no cheating involved. If EA made division 1 and 2 weekly rewards way better than they are, people would still relegate during icon swaps because everybody does anything they can in order to do the objective cause of how good it is. Its the most important single objective you can grind in this game. There is a reason why people relegate themselves: doing these objectives in div 1-2 is impossible, as simple as that. Also reward for completing objectives does not change whether you are in div 1 or div 6.
    How to make people not want to relegate? Make icon swaps reward better for high division players, and worse for low division players. This would be the only way to encourage people not to relegate.

The way things are, you who cant stand other people relegating themselves only have one solution: relegate even lower all the way to div 10. People who are in div 1 wont relegate as low as that.

You cant expect rewards for the best players to be the same as they are for other players not causing this kind of effect, when its like that the law of nature is relegating no matter what ea does.
  • SeñorCatflap
    1935 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mintcake wrote: »

There's not much to play for mid week so people would still rubber band ready for Thursdays reset.
  • Mogga
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    If you get relegated all your best players should be automatically sold as per real life
  • Gazmac_868
    You could go down the route of having no skill based match making in friendlies but then people in division 8 will still be coming up against div 1 players, it’s lose lose for the lower rated players whatever EA do

I think it's just time to axe these objectives. They are a nice idea but they are to open to abuse Either that or they start handing out lengthy bans.
  • MDR123456
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect

make the 30 game cap not only on rewards, but also on the promote and relegation. then you won't see the relegators at least on Monday through Wednesday.

Yes, but in basic theory we see them dropping down Monday-Wednesday, and only playing to win in friendlies. Some also do this so they can reset for rivals for Thursday and Friday. They try to get in as many rivals games in before WL. The drop makes it easier. I just don’t play rivals on Thursday and Fridays and just do friendlies Thursday-Sunday. Rivals Mon-Wednesday. I seem to avoid the nonsense.
  • Primofusion
    1247 posts Professional
    Tie matchmaking to the highest division rank on a profile. Then people can self relegate all they want, they will still be matched up to similar skilled players and get worse rewards in the process.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Mintcake wrote: »
    Here's an idea to deter relegation, when you quit you don't lose any skill rating...

Instead you have get a dnf 'counter' of some sort along side your skill rating. Say it starts at 0 and can't go below, whenever you quit/disconnect you gain a dnf point, when you complete a full match you lose a point. When your dnf score is greater than 0 you are unable to earn any division rivals weekly score or increase your skill rating.

It means that rather than lose skill rating for quitting, it is effectively offset against future skill rating gains and stops you getting rewards on the way back up.

If there's a power cut or your internet drops out, ok unlucky but you just need to complete your next match to get back in line. But if you quit 10 in row, you won't be relegated you'll just need to complete another 10 matches before you start earning dr points or skill rating again.

What stops people fron relegating by rubber band, go to div 4,5 and stay there on purpose. Rivals is useless unless you want to play your rivals games before starting WL. Other than that, you get rank 4 rewards
  • Neal1982
    1279 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really good way of solving this. Get rid of icon swaps and buy it back to sbcs. Problem solved.
    Self relegators who are that desperate to get a card they won’t use in friendlies. Knock yourself out you selfish ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Gazmac_868
    Neal1982 wrote: »
    Really good way of solving this. Get rid of icon swaps and buy it back to sbcs. Problem solved.
    Self relegators who are that desperate to get a card they won’t use in friendlies. Knock yourself out you selfish ❤️❤️❤️❤️

If the hector bellerin objective is anything to go by then icon swaps is going to be chaos I agree they should just axe them at this point or start handing out lengthy bans to these cheats.
  • LazyFIFA
    644 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Friendlies need to be random and not based on your Rivals division. Also make the rewards in the higher divisions stand out, it'll push people more.