29-1 in 451(2), my custom tactic !

IamFrench
2062 posts Fans' Favourite
edited February 12
This weekend I broke my FUT Champions record with 29-1 (Top 125). Completely unimaginable, my previous record was 26-4.
1606132939-fifa-21-xbox-one.pngEncuGLeXUAE0iPk.jpg

I used this custom tactic in 451(2):
EndEMqNW4AIV1fN.jpg

Gameplay:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1330848952686686209/pu/vid/1280x720/bq_bWztZjud-ovpn.mp4?tag=10
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1330851029387259905/pu/vid/1280x720/1s7_j5LuBkBGOCP4.mp4?tag=10
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1330159568580653061/pu/vid/1280x720/Ceh90k-E-Y8rpqwi.mp4?tag=10

CML & CMR are like CAM, they must be good with the ball. In the clips you can see how dangerous Mollet and Ziyech are. Players like KDB, Bruno, Seedorf, Naingollan etc are excellent. If you have Neymar in your squad, try playing in CM like me with Ziyech. LM/RM are obviously important but not as important as CM.

Your central CM must be good in defense, with these instructions (Conservative interceptions) he is an CDM.

Quick review on some players:
- Maldini 88 is the best CB I played this year, he is too good.
- Ziyech in CM is excellent, better than CAM/LM/RM for me.
- RTTF Diaby is not the best player in the game but he is fun, very good dribbling, passing is OK and shooting is not good (but lot better than regular)

----

Edit - Second version of my 451(2) !
The movement of CM is more fluid and better in attack

EuCgrLNXIAkQLAM.jpg

Gameplay in Division 1:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1360268729968447492/pu/vid/1280x720/SaVj_iKmHptqVA3E.mp4?tag=10
Post edited by IamFrench on

Comments

• Del654
    1145 posts Professional
    Fair play, well done.
  • Recoba10
    2064 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bravo & thank you for sharing
  • vjake
    816 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice one! Let me just say my through balls are never ever that accurate lol. You got through balls on assisted or manual?
  • Avit32
    1023 posts Professional
    Just wish my passing was as smooth as that lol. Congrats on your finish though mate
  • Barry Allannnn
    1632 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jeez. I'm definitely playing a different game to everyone else seeing that connection. Even my squad battles are slow :(
  • YidArmy
    1850 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nice work IamFrench, you'll now be able to attempt to qualify for pro tournaments I believe. Will you be entering any of the qualifiers?

Out of interest, are you using this formation as a high possession based tactic or low possession and counter attacks? Or maybe something in between? Cheers.
  • Avit32
    1023 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Nice work IamFrench, you'll now be able to attempt to qualify for pro tournaments I believe. Will you be entering any of the qualifiers?

Out of interest, are you using this formation as a high possession based tactic or low possession and counter attacks? Or maybe something in between? Cheers.

I would like to know this also
  • TDOF
    8740 posts League Winner

Qualifiers are this weekend.

There are only like ~1200 spots in europe if this is his first 27+ i doubt that's enough unfortunately.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    Well done.

That gameplay is completely alien to me
  • D0lvl
    4496 posts National Call-Up
    Mollet was my savior this WL. Replaced pogba with him and he was much better as a go forward cm in 442.
  • Gstitt10
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    I have just bought maldini LB and played about 6-7 games with him. Do you highly rate him that much? Many games have you had with him
  • Leandrinho28
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You switch Kante with mollet in game I assume? Going to give this formation a try tonight
  • Thefranchise92
    5663 posts Big Money Move
    Your gameplay must be smooooth
  • YidArmy
    1850 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »

There are only like ~1200 spots in europe if this is his first 27+ i doubt that's enough unfortunately.

Oh okay fair enough. Have you managed a 27+ plus finish yet @TDOF?
  • ziotree
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hi

Going to try this tonight

I have RTTF griezmann. Would he work instead of ziyech?

• TDOF
    8740 posts League Winner

26, after i lose 1 game i just lose my head... i keep telling myself to stop playing after every game i lose but i always keep playing and end up losing 2 in a row...
  • IamFrench
    edited November 2020
    Thanks !
    vjake wrote: »
    Nice one! Let me just say my through balls are never ever that accurate lol. You got through balls on assisted or manual?

Assisted!

The only one that interests me is to get the beta :D

This formation is 50/50, you can play possession because you have a lot of solution with 2 CM - ST - LM/RM but it is also excellent in counter-attack. On these clips you can see phases of possession and phases of counter-attack. Generally, I have 55%~ possession. It is not a "dead" formation like the 4231 with 75% possession + 2 shots.
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    I have just bought maldini LB and played about 6-7 games with him. Do you highly rate him that much? Many games have you had with him

As in previous years, Baby Maldini is just too good... I have something like 250 or 300 games with him.
    You switch Kante with mollet in game I assume? Going to give this formation a try tonight

Yep but I play in 451(2) with 3 CM and not 451 (2 CAM). Kanté CMC, Mollet RCM!
    ziotree wrote: »
    Hi

Going to try this tonight

I have RTTF griezmann. Would he work instead of ziyech?

Yep, no problem!
  • TomPUFC193416
    415 posts An Exciting Prospect
    These formations with 1 ST and 3 midfielders are overlooked because people think they won’t be attacking enough - but the runs the CMs make in this formation and 4-3-3 variants seem to offer even more options going forward that 2 ST formations!
  • nicos1987
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bookmarked !!
  • YidArmy
    1850 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020

26, after i lose 1 game i just lose my head... i keep telling myself to stop playing after every game i lose but i always keep playing and end up losing 2 in a row...

Ahh unlucky. Good on you though for getting 26.

Do you leave any games until Sunday or do you bash them out pretty fast? Always find when wrapping up my games late on a Sunday much easier. Although I'd imagine at that ELO its going to a tough game no matter when you play those last games.
  • MortiferVaughan
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well done on the finish, and thanks for sharing. Will put this as one of my formations and give it a go!

Do you pretty much run this formation all game, or do you have a more defensive version when a couple of goals up?
  • TDOF
    8740 posts League Winner

Do you leave any games until Sunday or do you bash them out pretty fast? Always find when wrapping up my games late on a Sunday much easier. Although I'd imagine at that ELO its going to a tough game no matter when you play those last games.

I play on friday till i lose (normally lose my first game between 15-18)

if i lose 1 i stop and play 5 saturday and 5 sunday

• The_toilet
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I play on friday till i lose (normally lose my first game between 15-18)

if i lose 1 i stop and play 5 saturday and 5 sunday

Well done I will try it later on. Thank you
  • IamFrench
    Well done on the finish, and thanks for sharing. Will put this as one of my formations and give it a go!

Do you pretty much run this formation all game, or do you have a more defensive version when a couple of goals up?

I've changed formation only once this weekend, on my last game for the 29th win I lost 4-1 or 4-2 I changed to the 451 with 2 CAM and I came back to 4-4... Extra-time i switched in 451(2) and I won 5-4 !
  • NornIron
    15360 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    Does them clips make the gameplay look faster than its supposed to be? Like all my players turn like a goal keeper during a fake shot, on here its a tight turn, my players its like they're turning a bus.

The last clip 0.05 that touch jesus no one can stop that, if that happens against me I know im getting beat.
  • MortiferVaughan
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    IamFrench wrote: »

I've changed formation only once this weekend, on my last game for the 29th win I lost 4-1 or 4-2 I changed to the 451 with 2 CAM and I came back to 4-4... Extra-time i switched in 451(2) and I won 5-4 !

Nice! Got to love it when a tactical change wins the game.

So if I try this formation with my usual team, my midfielders and attackers are Kante, Pogba (could always get Bruno. I also have Mollet but he'd be 8 chem), RTTF Griezmann, Messi, Martial and Rashford.

Would you say CCM Kante, LCM Messi, RCM Pogba, LM Griezmann, RM Martial and ST Rashford would be best?
  • IamFrench
    IamFrench wrote: »

Nice! Got to love it when a tactical change wins the game.

So if I try this formation with my usual team, my midfielders and attackers are Kante, Pogba (could always get Bruno. I also have Mollet but he'd be 8 chem), RTTF Griezmann, Messi, Martial and Rashford.

Would you say CCM Kante, LCM Messi, RCM Pogba, LM Griezmann, RM Martial and ST Rashford would be best?

Yep, perfect!
  • RTG20
    1245 posts Professional
    Hey, really nice results!

What advantages does this have over say the 4-3-3(2)?

I've been wanting to build a squad with that system, so I might copy your settings, they seem good.

Another question, why is only one CM on "cover center" when the other players all have symmetrical instructions?

And last one, how do you think Messi would play as the ST? I know you have the ST set to "Target man" but how would you say the position plays for the full 90?

Thanks!
  • The_toilet
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have to thank you. I changed to your formation and I won 5 games in a row in rivals and I should get rank 1 division 1 now. Can I ask though why you do 4 bars for corners please? Do you Cross it in or pass and do something else? Thanks
  • Roobar
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congrats that's awesome! Would you mind sharing your settings? Your players seem to make much more direct passes that mine often just don't (I'm also not as good as you) do you have stuff like auto flair pass turned off. Or any of your settings set to semi or manual?