So is it true if I own Fifa 21 (PS4 version) I can upgrade to the PS5 version for free ?

JonRambo
1147 posts Professional
edited November 2020
This is what I heard and just wondering if its true and if so, how does the upgrade work exactly? I dont own any ps5 games yet and really only bought this to play the ps5 version.

Does all your gameplay from the ps4 version carry over to ps5 (specially your Ultimate team) and do I get a disc version or is it just the digital version?

Comments

  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Yes that's correct. If you bought the PS4 disc you pop it into your PS5. Your club carried over and can travel between versions if you want to go back to PS4.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Yes that's correct. If you bought the PS4 disc you pop it into your PS5. Your club carried over and can travel between versions if you want to go back to PS4.

    Why would you need to go between versions ? What's the benefit of keeping the ps4 version if I own a ps5 and the game should look a lot better ? Don't you get everything in the ps5 version thats in the ps4 version ?
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    JonRambo wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Yes that's correct. If you bought the PS4 disc you pop it into your PS5. Your club carried over and can travel between versions if you want to go back to PS4.

    Why would you need to go between versions ? What's the benefit of keeping the ps4 version if I own a ps5 and the game should look a lot better ? Don't you get everything in the ps5 version thats in the ps4 version ?

    I don't know, I'm just saying you can do it. Maybe you've a PS4 in another room and can only play it there.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    JonRambo wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Yes that's correct. If you bought the PS4 disc you pop it into your PS5. Your club carried over and can travel between versions if you want to go back to PS4.

    Why would you need to go between versions ? What's the benefit of keeping the ps4 version if I own a ps5 and the game should look a lot better ? Don't you get everything in the ps5 version thats in the ps4 version ?

    I don't know, I'm just saying you can do it. Maybe you've a PS4 in another room and can only play it there.

    Ahh ok, got you. Do you know if I can still play against ps4 players in Ultimate team and do all your coins and fifa points transfer over ?

    Also, is Fifa 21 cross platform, can I vs xbox players and can I do it on ps5 (specially for UT) as that would help get games so much easier ?
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2748 posts Fans' Favourite
    JonRambo wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Yes that's correct. If you bought the PS4 disc you pop it into your PS5. Your club carried over and can travel between versions if you want to go back to PS4.

    Why would you need to go between versions ? What's the benefit of keeping the ps4 version if I own a ps5 and the game should look a lot better ? Don't you get everything in the ps5 version thats in the ps4 version ?

    Potentially because, although the market is shared, the player pool is console specific. Some might think that playing on PS5 now you're more likely to play a "hardcore" gamer that got one early on.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    I just want it definitely confirmed, if I buy fifa points on the ps4 version and start my UT, it will definitely transfer over?
  • CarpeDiem
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    JonRambo wrote: »
    I just want it definitely confirmed, if I buy fifa points on the ps4 version and start my UT, it will definitely transfer over?

    Yes. All progress can go back and forth between ps4 and ps5.
  • JonRambo
    1147 posts Professional
    CarpeDiem wrote: »
    JonRambo wrote: »
    I just want it definitely confirmed, if I buy fifa points on the ps4 version and start my UT, it will definitely transfer over?

    Yes. All progress can go back and forth between ps4 and ps5.

    Cool, thanks. Do you know if there is any big events coming really soon ? Not sure if I should use the fifa points now, or just wait for a bit at a chance to get better players with special cards ?
Sign In or Register to comment.